HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robert Hagg made his AHL debut March 29 [AAV is $925k, 3-yr ELC, per Tim P.]

Old
10-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Stizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
Appleyard you're Doing a great job, thank you.
+1, thank you Appleyard.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Mrpm

Hägg scored his first goal tonight against Skellefteå. A beauty!

Mrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:30 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpm View Post
Hägg scored his first goal tonight against Skellefteå. A beauty!
Thanks for the update, would you be so kind as to post a link to highlights if they ever come to be available? It would be greatly appreciated.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Mrpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Thanks for the update, would you be so kind as to post a link to highlights if they ever come to be available? It would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, ofcourse!

Old
11-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Mrpm

http://play.shl.se/video/2879599071001/

26 sec

Old
11-30-2013, 02:05 PM
FlyersFan61290

Thanks!

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpm View Post
Beat me to it! ;p

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 02:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

He really got all of that & buried it upstairs.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Appleyard

Hägg has slotted right back into the MODO lineup after the WJC... playing ~14 minutes a night for them in two games since he got back.

MODO got obliterated 8-2 in the game I watched... but Hägg was actually ok, he was on ice for two goals against and one for.

Made a nice check along the boards to get the puck, keep it in and knock it to the forward before the goal... no assist but the goal does not happen without him.

The goals that got scored while he was on he could do little about... one was Reghr pinching suicidally, so Hägg was left with a 3 vs 1, he did the right thing, waited out the shooter, narrowed the angle then tried to block the pass, but there was no chance, the guy had two options on the pass. The other he tied up his man but the goalie let one through from way out.

Kyle Cumisky, Reghr and Oscar Hedman were all absolutely awful in the game.

I actually think Hägg may have been MODO's best D man on the night... but it is not saying too much! His only competition would have been Lehtivuori for that!

Old
01-14-2014, 11:00 AM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Thanks for the update. Do you have any sense of where he'll play next year? Does it look like he'd be ready to come over to the AHL or would another year in Sweden serve him better?

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Thanks for the update. Do you have any sense of where he'll play next year? Does it look like he'd be ready to come over to the AHL or would another year in Sweden serve him better?
I would prefer him to play SHL for another year... I think it is a better level of hockey, especially at a club like MODO who are very professional (Forsberg and Naslund pretty much in charge, Pahlsson captain, Alavaara and Svartvadet invloved) and great at developing talent. I think he will be playing 18+ minutes a night in the SHL next year as well... if not with MODO loaned out. He is also the youngest D man playing full time in the SHL this year, so it is great experience and I think another year with more responsibility will just make him continue to grow.

The if he had a good year playing 18-20 mins in the SHL next year he would most likely be ready to head over for a Flyers camp and see if he could make the team.

I don't really worry about guys from Sweden adjusting to NA ice too much either... the SHL play a pretty responsible structured D game that I think transitions well compared to other Euro leagues.

I actually think he could play in the AHL already going off how he is doing in Sweden, even though he is by no means lighting it up and has been inconsistent he has the physical size and physical ability to play vs anyone.

I think with him it is just a matter of putting his skillset together more consistently and he will be a top 4 NHL D man... he has all the tools already really... just he does not use them all the time. He really does not have many holes in his game at all when he is 'on' his game, he has thrown around fully grown, 30 year old men this year at times in the SHL... in arguably the 3rd best league in the world.

Old
01-14-2014, 11:33 AM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Thanks. I would think the talent over there would be better but I remember when he was interviewed after the draft that he mentioned playing a year there and then coming over to the AHL. So that's why I asked. I really don't want the Flyers to rush him though.

Old
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Thanks. I would think the talent over there would be better but I remember when he was interviewed after the draft that he mentioned playing a year there and then coming over to the AHL. So that's why I asked. I really don't want the Flyers to rush him though.
He has no contract with MODO for next year yet I believe... in a December interview he said something along the lines of he was not sure exactly what he was doing next year, and that he had to think of himself and his development into the best player he could be first and foremost, and said he spoke the the Flyers quite regularly about what was best for him.

Old
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
He has no contract with MODO for next year yet I believe... in a December interview he said something along the lines of he was not sure exactly what he was doing next year, and that he had to think of himself and his development into the best player he could be first and foremost, and said he spoke the the Flyers quite regularly about what was best for him.
The Flyers do have a couple of spots possibly opening up in Adirondack next year. Manning, Gervais, Eddy, & Hosletter up for deals. I guess Manning would be brought back & Gervais or if not him another veteran player seeing as their blueline will be pretty young without him. They have Lamarche currently playing in the ECHL because they don't have room. If Gostisbehere signs it will even make it more complicated. So there's a lot of unknown variables to really know what will happen down there next year.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 12:23 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Well, if Timonen does retire and they don't bring back Meszaros there will some spots open on the Flyers blueline too. Just sayin...

Old
01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Well, if Timonen does retire and they don't bring back Meszaros there will some spots open on the Flyers blueline too. Just sayin...
He's not ready for that.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:52 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
He has got to work on being more consistent. Like Apple said when he is on his game, he is pretty much an NHL defender already. The only problem is he is so inconsitent at the moment. This happens ALOT with 18 yr olds though.

Personally, would like to see him come over and play in the AHL. They are slowly but surely getting their heads on straight. Even with Ghost coming in (if he is signed. I have a feeling he stays his senior year), the defense with players like Alt, and a year older Cousins, Straka, Noebels and Taylor Leier most likely coming in, along with if they can keep Akeson and maybe sign a vet or two) they have the making of being a pretty decent team. People forget Michael Parks also who has 14 points in 20 games in his 3rd NCAA season. Had a rough season last year but is doing extremely well this season. Laughton probably makes the NHL but could play in the AHL also next season. And then there is Heeter who is currently (stats and play wise) probably the top goalie in the AHL.

They are slowly but surely getting better the Phantoms. I think adding someone like Hagg who has experience playing against men already could be a good one. He would be eating tons of minutes alongside Alt.

Most likely all a dream though haha

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
He has got to work on being more consistent. Like Apple said when he is on his game, he is pretty much an NHL defender already. The only problem is he is so inconsitent at the moment. This happens ALOT with 18 yr olds though.

Personally, would like to see him come over and play in the AHL. They are slowly but surely getting their heads on straight. Even with Ghost coming in (if he is signed. I have a feeling he stays his senior year), the defense with players like Alt, and a year older Cousins, Straka, Noebels and Taylor Leier most likely coming in, along with if they can keep Akeson and maybe sign a vet or two) they have the making of being a pretty decent team. People forget Michael Parks also who has 14 points in 20 games in his 3rd NCAA season. Had a rough season last year but is doing extremely well this season. Laughton probably makes the NHL but could play in the AHL also next season. And then there is Heeter who is currently (stats and play wise) probably the top goalie in the AHL.

They are slowly but surely getting better the Phantoms. I think adding someone like Hagg who has experience playing against men already could be a good one. He would be eating tons of minutes alongside Alt.

Most likely all a dream though haha
It would be better to let him stay where he is cap wise. The flyers don't need to sign him anytime soon. Let him continue to develop with a contract so they can save some of the ELC years for his NHL time.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:05 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
It would be better to let him stay where he is cap wise. The flyers don't need to sign him anytime soon. Let him continue to develop with a contract so they can save some of the ELC years for his NHL time.
Yea it wouldnt be a bad idea. I guess overall I think it could be more beneficial to have him here where our training staff, coaches and system is in place. One more season wouldnt be bad though, if he gets the time to play more minutes. Here he would be playing 20+ every night. Hoping he gets close to that next season instead of the 10-14 he is getting now.

One has to remember though, unless it has changed, the Flyers have two seasons to sign a player from Sweden or they lose their rights. How we lost Bert's and Erikssons

Old
01-14-2014, 02:46 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
One has to remember though, unless it has changed, the Flyers have two seasons to sign a player from Sweden or they lose their rights. How we lost Bert's and Erikssons
I thought they changed it to a 4 year window with the new CBA.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I also believe it is 4 years now.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Doors

Can't wait to se Hägg play in the Flyers jersey, I think he will fit perfect into the team when he is ready for NHL play in a year or two!
I hope he will spend many seasons in Philly.

Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 03:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Oh **** that right. Totally forgot. Thanks. In that case 3 more years is fine. If he comes over in 2-3 he would prob have a chance at the big squad. He would be 21-22 ish.

My fear are his minutes. He has to earn them for sure but its easy to shelter young players from them.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:54 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The Flyers do have a couple of spots possibly opening up in Adirondack next year. Manning, Gervais, Eddy, & Hosletter up for deals. I guess Manning would be brought back & Gervais or if not him another veteran player seeing as their blueline will be pretty young without him. They have Lamarche currently playing in the ECHL because they don't have room. If Gostisbehere signs it will even make it more complicated. So there's a lot of unknown variables to really know what will happen down there next year.
Wouldn't that be something if Hagg, Gostisbehere and Alt were all in Adirondack next year. Personally, I'd have no problems if the Flyers ended up saying Sayanora to Gervais, Hosletter, and Eddy. Go with a defense of Manning, Hagg, Gostisbehere, Alt, Lamarche and Lauridsen. If the AHL is truly a development league, then what better way to let guys develop than by cutting away dead weight.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Hiesenberg

I think Ghost is in his 3rd year and said he wants to graduate, I'm thinking we are still another year away from Ghost being in the AHL.

And Hagg will be 19 starting next year, don't you have to be 20 to play in the AHL?

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote