HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
the way you describe the context of the fight makes Morin seem undisciplined...Is it bad that I'm happy he will throw down and shut someone up??
It does sound that way and then we realize he's 18. It'll happen.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:08 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
the way you describe the context of the fight makes Morin seem undisciplined...Is it bad that I'm happy he will throw down and shut someone up??
He doesn't really fight that often though.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
He doesn't really fight that often though.
Yeh, especially since it seems like in almost every game I have seen there is some Q goon trying to get him to go from the off!

Old
01-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Yeh, especially since it seems like in almost every game I have seen there is some Q goon trying to get him to go from the off!
If you can't fight down 5-2, when can you fight?

Old
01-14-2014, 10:12 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
For whatever reason I was thinking it was a close game but it was a blowout actually.

That's his third fight of the year, he had 6 last year. He actually doesn't fight that much considering what he was saying about it during his interview after the draft last year.

Old
01-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Appleyard

Morin is now 15th in Q scoring for D men.

4th for u19s... behind Leblanc, Roy and Vanier.

He is now 14th in PPG for D men in the Q.

3rd for u19s... behind Roy and Vanier.

He has been hovering around 0.7PPG for a log while now.

Old
01-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:

This is pretty phenomenal for the Flyers. You have to hope it continues to get better.

Old
01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Prongo
Beer

Man watching tape of Morin it just blows me away how good of a skater he is for being his size.

Also, Hockeystreams.com is a great resource for watching these kids play.

Old
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Man watching tape of Morin it just blows me away how good of a skater he is for being his size.

I missed his game. I actually just signed up to these guys on Saturday (then watched two Flyer losses), but I want to catch some of the kids on this thing.

The stream was good, but trying to Airplay it to my TV was not. But that's my issue, not Hockey streams

Old
01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Appleyard

Quote:

Him, Hägg, Ghost and Alt are all great skaters... I like that philosophy in the current NHL.

Old
01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I missed his game. I actually just signed up to these guys on Saturday (then watched two Flyer losses), but I want to catch some of the kids on this thing.

The stream was good, but trying to Airplay it to my TV was not. But that's my issue, not Hockey streams
Just saw the goal where he got his assist. He was on the rush and made a pass to the middle where the kid took a weak slapper and beat the goalie. Terrible goal to give up but it was nice to see him lead the rush up the wing.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Fun fact also... As I think most of us agree, it would be beneficial to let Morin grow slowly and not rush him into the NHL. What is pretty cool is that after this season he would have 3 full seasons in the QMJHL. He can play 1 more and then is eligible to play in the AHL as a 20 yr old or go back for 1 more overage year. The AHL might be more beneficial for him though at 20.

With the way the Flyers handle first round picks though, I expect them to give him a real shot at the squad as a 19 yr old. I think that would be a mistake but just an opinion. He has made some great strides this season but has alot to work on. Another QMJHL season and 1-2 AHL seasons and he would be ready I think. But my guess, by the way the Flyers work, he is in the NHL in a year or 2.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:51 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Fun fact also... As I think most of us agree, it would be beneficial to let Morin grow slowly and not rush him into the NHL. What is pretty cool is that after this season he would have 3 full seasons in the QMJHL. He can play 1 more and then is eligible to play in the AHL as a 20 yr old or go back for 1 more overage year. The AHL might be more beneficial for him though at 20.

With the way the Flyers handle first round picks though, I expect them to give him a real shot at the squad as a 19 yr old. I think that would be a mistake but just an opinion. He has made some great strides this season but has alot to work on. Another QMJHL season and 1-2 AHL seasons and he would be ready I think. But my guess, by the way the Flyers work, he is in the NHL in a year or 2.
No shot he goes back as an overager. I would give him another year in the Q though.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Hiesenberg

Flyers are going to give him a very long look next year. I think if they were stacked with crappy D-men already they would've tried to keep him, this year with the development of his offense, they are gonna wanna play with their new toy.

Old
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

I'll guess one more year in the QMJHL, and then an entire season in the AHL. His first year as a pro should be spent entirely in the AHL though. I don't want any of this back forth stuff between the NHL and the AHL. That's how you ruin a kid. Let him spend an entire year in one league, and then re-evaluate at the end of year to see if he's ready to make the jump or not.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Also another guy no one talks about around here is Reece Willcox. Talked to a buddy of mine who's brother goes to Cornell. Says he is probably the teams 2nd best defender right now (Joakim Ryan can be considered the 1st because of his puck moving skills). Says his skating is top notch and his defensive play is extremely good. He doesnt stand out alot though for his puck moving skills, while not bad, are not amazing. You barely notice the guy, but when a 6'4 smooth skating defender blocks you a player off and makes the safe pass, you can not help but like his game.

I only seen Willcox play once this season (got lucky also. One of those random feeds I saw while traveling in the area) but he is similar to like my buddy's brother described. Wouldnt be surprised if in two years or so, after he graduated, people start talking about him more.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:04 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Flyers are going to give him a very long look next year. I think if they were stacked with crappy D-men already they would've tried to keep him, this year with the development of his offense, they are gonna wanna play with their new toy.
Thats what im thinking too. We will have several holes to fill and a cheap prommising draft pick might fit that very well. Hopeully he gets at least another year in the minors. Either way in about 4 years we should have a pretty dynamic D corp.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Jtown

Quote:

He was by far the best skater out of zadorov nurse and risto. His ceiling is out of this world.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
as excited as I and I am sure most Flyer fans are for the future of some of these young defenseman we really need to be patient with their development. With any young player there are going to be ups and downs. especially on defense.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:15 PM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
as excited as I and I am sure most Flyer fans are for the future of some of these young defenseman we really need to be patient with their development. With any young player there are going to be ups and downs. especially on defense.
Amen.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Hiesenberg

We don't need to be anything, the Flyers do.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Tripod

If I am Philly, I try and make some moves to have some new D-men here for the next few years. Let the young D play for 2-3 more years before making the jump.

Making a trade like Simmonds for Edler(just an example) fills the top pairing spot and can be paired with Coburn. It is MUCH easier to find 2d line scoring than it is to find D. Make the trades to get the D then use UFA's for the 2nd/3rd line line scoring.

Hell...even if we did that type of deal in the offseason, we still have:

Schenn G Voracek
Hartnell Vinny Read
Raffl Couts

I think we really need to turn a few F into good D-men.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
If I am Philly, I try and make some moves to have some new D-men here for the next few years. Let the young D play for 2-3 more years before making the jump.

Making a trade like Simmonds for Edler(just an example) fills the top pairing spot and can be paired with Coburn. It is MUCH easier to find 2d line scoring than it is to find D. Make the trades to get the D then use UFA's for the 2nd/3rd line line scoring.

Hell...even if we did that type of deal in the offseason, we still have:

Schenn G Voracek
Hartnell Vinny Read
Raffl Couts

I think we really need to turn a few F into good D-men.
No offense, but its been said ad nausea that the Flyers need to nut up and trade some forwards for D.

Aside from Giroux & Couturier, and maybe Read, pack some up and upgrade this D

Old
01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Stizzle

Adirondack Phantoms - Binghamton Senators

http://www.boxevents.us/l13.html

http://www.coolsport.tv/nfl-live-streaming-36.html

Old
01-15-2014, 07:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Eww that was a nasty drop pass from Straka that lead to a goal. Broke around a defender and left it sitting there.

Straka with a pretty goal and assist so far. Having a great game.

Closed Thread