HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2014, 08:46 AM
  #401
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
the way you describe the context of the fight makes Morin seem undisciplined...Is it bad that I'm happy he will throw down and shut someone up??
It does sound that way and then we realize he's 18. It'll happen.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 09:08 AM
  #402
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
the way you describe the context of the fight makes Morin seem undisciplined...Is it bad that I'm happy he will throw down and shut someone up??
He doesn't really fight that often though.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 09:23 AM
  #403
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
He doesn't really fight that often though.
Yeh, especially since it seems like in almost every game I have seen there is some Q goon trying to get him to go from the off!

Appleyard is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 09:58 AM
  #404
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Yeh, especially since it seems like in almost every game I have seen there is some Q goon trying to get him to go from the off!
If you can't fight down 5-2, when can you fight?

Larry44 is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 10:12 AM
  #405
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
the way you describe the context of the fight makes Morin seem undisciplined...Is it bad that I'm happy he will throw down and shut someone up??
For whatever reason I was thinking it was a close game but it was a blowout actually.

That's his third fight of the year, he had 6 last year. He actually doesn't fight that much considering what he was saying about it during his interview after the draft last year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 10:22 AM
  #406
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,559
vCash: 500
Morin is now 15th in Q scoring for D men.

4th for u19s... behind Leblanc, Roy and Vanier.

He is now 14th in PPG for D men in the Q.

3rd for u19s... behind Roy and Vanier.

He has been hovering around 0.7PPG for a log while now.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 10:25 AM
  #407
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Morin is now 15th in Q scoring for D men.

4th for u19s... behind Leblanc, Roy and Vanier.

He is now 14th in PPG for D men in the Q.

3rd for u19s... behind Roy and Vanier.

He has been hovering around 0.7PPG for a log while now.
This is pretty phenomenal for the Flyers. You have to hope it continues to get better.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
  #408
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,876
vCash: 500
Man watching tape of Morin it just blows me away how good of a skater he is for being his size.

Also, Hockeystreams.com is a great resource for watching these kids play.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
  #409
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Man watching tape of Morin it just blows me away how good of a skater he is for being his size.

Also, Hockeystreams.com is a great resource for watching these kids play.
I missed his game. I actually just signed up to these guys on Saturday (then watched two Flyer losses), but I want to catch some of the kids on this thing.

The stream was good, but trying to Airplay it to my TV was not. But that's my issue, not Hockey streams

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
  #410
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Man watching tape of Morin it just blows me away how good of a skater he is for being his size.

Also, Hockeystreams.com is a great resource for watching these kids play.
Him, Hägg, Ghost and Alt are all great skaters... I like that philosophy in the current NHL.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
  #411
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I missed his game. I actually just signed up to these guys on Saturday (then watched two Flyer losses), but I want to catch some of the kids on this thing.

The stream was good, but trying to Airplay it to my TV was not. But that's my issue, not Hockey streams
Just saw the goal where he got his assist. He was on the rush and made a pass to the middle where the kid took a weak slapper and beat the goalie. Terrible goal to give up but it was nice to see him lead the rush up the wing.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 01:30 PM
  #412
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Morin is now 15th in Q scoring for D men.

4th for u19s... behind Leblanc, Roy and Vanier.

He is now 14th in PPG for D men in the Q.

3rd for u19s... behind Roy and Vanier.

He has been hovering around 0.7PPG for a log while now.
Fun fact also... As I think most of us agree, it would be beneficial to let Morin grow slowly and not rush him into the NHL. What is pretty cool is that after this season he would have 3 full seasons in the QMJHL. He can play 1 more and then is eligible to play in the AHL as a 20 yr old or go back for 1 more overage year. The AHL might be more beneficial for him though at 20.

With the way the Flyers handle first round picks though, I expect them to give him a real shot at the squad as a 19 yr old. I think that would be a mistake but just an opinion. He has made some great strides this season but has alot to work on. Another QMJHL season and 1-2 AHL seasons and he would be ready I think. But my guess, by the way the Flyers work, he is in the NHL in a year or 2.

sa cyred is online now  
Old
01-14-2014, 01:51 PM
  #413
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Fun fact also... As I think most of us agree, it would be beneficial to let Morin grow slowly and not rush him into the NHL. What is pretty cool is that after this season he would have 3 full seasons in the QMJHL. He can play 1 more and then is eligible to play in the AHL as a 20 yr old or go back for 1 more overage year. The AHL might be more beneficial for him though at 20.

With the way the Flyers handle first round picks though, I expect them to give him a real shot at the squad as a 19 yr old. I think that would be a mistake but just an opinion. He has made some great strides this season but has alot to work on. Another QMJHL season and 1-2 AHL seasons and he would be ready I think. But my guess, by the way the Flyers work, he is in the NHL in a year or 2.
No shot he goes back as an overager. I would give him another year in the Q though.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 01:54 PM
  #414
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Flyers are going to give him a very long look next year. I think if they were stacked with crappy D-men already they would've tried to keep him, this year with the development of his offense, they are gonna wanna play with their new toy.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM
  #415
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Fun fact also... As I think most of us agree, it would be beneficial to let Morin grow slowly and not rush him into the NHL. What is pretty cool is that after this season he would have 3 full seasons in the QMJHL. He can play 1 more and then is eligible to play in the AHL as a 20 yr old or go back for 1 more overage year. The AHL might be more beneficial for him though at 20.

With the way the Flyers handle first round picks though, I expect them to give him a real shot at the squad as a 19 yr old. I think that would be a mistake but just an opinion. He has made some great strides this season but has alot to work on. Another QMJHL season and 1-2 AHL seasons and he would be ready I think. But my guess, by the way the Flyers work, he is in the NHL in a year or 2.
I'll guess one more year in the QMJHL, and then an entire season in the AHL. His first year as a pro should be spent entirely in the AHL though. I don't want any of this back forth stuff between the NHL and the AHL. That's how you ruin a kid. Let him spend an entire year in one league, and then re-evaluate at the end of year to see if he's ready to make the jump or not.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
  #416
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,905
vCash: 500
Also another guy no one talks about around here is Reece Willcox. Talked to a buddy of mine who's brother goes to Cornell. Says he is probably the teams 2nd best defender right now (Joakim Ryan can be considered the 1st because of his puck moving skills). Says his skating is top notch and his defensive play is extremely good. He doesnt stand out alot though for his puck moving skills, while not bad, are not amazing. You barely notice the guy, but when a 6'4 smooth skating defender blocks you a player off and makes the safe pass, you can not help but like his game.

I only seen Willcox play once this season (got lucky also. One of those random feeds I saw while traveling in the area) but he is similar to like my buddy's brother described. Wouldnt be surprised if in two years or so, after he graduated, people start talking about him more.

sa cyred is online now  
Old
01-14-2014, 02:04 PM
  #417
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Flyers are going to give him a very long look next year. I think if they were stacked with crappy D-men already they would've tried to keep him, this year with the development of his offense, they are gonna wanna play with their new toy.
Thats what im thinking too. We will have several holes to fill and a cheap prommising draft pick might fit that very well. Hopeully he gets at least another year in the minors. Either way in about 4 years we should have a pretty dynamic D corp.

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 02:18 PM
  #418
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 13,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Man watching tape of Morin it just blows me away how good of a skater he is for being his size.

Also, Hockeystreams.com is a great resource for watching these kids play.
He was by far the best skater out of zadorov nurse and risto. His ceiling is out of this world.

Jtown is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
  #419
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,961
vCash: 50
as excited as I and I am sure most Flyer fans are for the future of some of these young defenseman we really need to be patient with their development. With any young player there are going to be ups and downs. especially on defense.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 03:15 PM
  #420
BackWithaVengeance
Registered User
 
BackWithaVengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
as excited as I and I am sure most Flyer fans are for the future of some of these young defenseman we really need to be patient with their development. With any young player there are going to be ups and downs. especially on defense.
Amen.

BackWithaVengeance is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 03:38 PM
  #421
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
We don't need to be anything, the Flyers do.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 03:52 PM
  #422
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,095
vCash: 500
If I am Philly, I try and make some moves to have some new D-men here for the next few years. Let the young D play for 2-3 more years before making the jump.

Making a trade like Simmonds for Edler(just an example) fills the top pairing spot and can be paired with Coburn. It is MUCH easier to find 2d line scoring than it is to find D. Make the trades to get the D then use UFA's for the 2nd/3rd line line scoring.

Hell...even if we did that type of deal in the offseason, we still have:

Schenn G Voracek
Hartnell Vinny Read
Raffl Couts

I think we really need to turn a few F into good D-men.

Tripod is offline  
Old
01-14-2014, 03:57 PM
  #423
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
If I am Philly, I try and make some moves to have some new D-men here for the next few years. Let the young D play for 2-3 more years before making the jump.

Making a trade like Simmonds for Edler(just an example) fills the top pairing spot and can be paired with Coburn. It is MUCH easier to find 2d line scoring than it is to find D. Make the trades to get the D then use UFA's for the 2nd/3rd line line scoring.

Hell...even if we did that type of deal in the offseason, we still have:

Schenn G Voracek
Hartnell Vinny Read
Raffl Couts

I think we really need to turn a few F into good D-men.
No offense, but its been said ad nausea that the Flyers need to nut up and trade some forwards for D.

Aside from Giroux & Couturier, and maybe Read, pack some up and upgrade this D

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
  #424
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,756
vCash: 500
Adirondack Phantoms - Binghamton Senators

http://www.boxevents.us/l13.html

http://www.coolsport.tv/nfl-live-streaming-36.html

Stizzle is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 07:38 PM
  #425
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Eww that was a nasty drop pass from Straka that lead to a goal. Broke around a defender and left it sitting there.

Straka with a pretty goal and assist so far. Having a great game.

sa cyred is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.