HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v6

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead212 View Post
Bergevin if you are not going to trade Markov and get a 1st rounder and top prospect,like you said you were going to do build through the draft,then keep him and risk losing him for nothing in the off season or be forced to sign him to a 4 year contract,the same one Mark Streit just signed.....if you are going for it this year in a pretty wide open eastern conference......then try to trade for a tough D-man like Mark Stuart from the Jets in the last year of his contract,and get some size up front like Curtis Glencross,and trade a smaller skilled forward like Collberg and Raphael Diaz to the blues for some future size like Dmitrij Jaskin.
I can see him making a move at the deadline...but it wouldn't be for a rental, would ahve to be a guy with term left(Glencross).

Old
01-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Bergevin if you are not going to trade Markov and get a 1st rounder and top prospect,like you said you were going to do build through the draft,then keep him and risk losing him for nothing in the off season or be forced to sign him to a 4 year contract,the same one Mark Streit just signed.....if you are going for it this year in a pretty wide open eastern conference......then try to trade for a tough D-man like Mark Stuart from the Jets in the last year of his contract,and get some size up front like Curtis Glencross,and trade a smaller skilled forward like Collberg and Raphael Diaz to the blues for some future size like Dmitrij Jaskin.
I believe he won't waive his NTC. He doesn't want to leave Calgary

Old
01-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
If Galchenyuk had not gotten hurt and off the line-up for so long, I would have liked to see a similar trade to this one:

Tomas Plekanec ($5M) for Bryan Bickell ($4M) and prospect Adam Clendening.

I know that most wouldn't agree with it and they'd have a point, but I think that it would help the team in the long run.
I don't see how that would help the team long term. For a 1 mil cap difference, Plekanec is at least twice the player Bickell is. He looked like Rene Bourque Satuday...a big guy with decent skill with so so effort.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I believe he won't waive his NTC. He doesn't want to leave Calgary
Maybe his mind will have changed by the deadline...

Old
01-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Volchenkov > Murray, but that's really not saying much. Or anything, really. He's still awful. Don't need him.
lolwut ?

Murray being cheaper and done at the end of this season....

Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ^1000 Volchenkov.

They're both mostly bad when playing.

Old
01-14-2014, 04:02 PM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

Quote:
I don't think the Blues would move Jaskin. Jaskin makes Stewart the odd man out in the future. Blues fans on the Trade board were saying Stewart could be had for a similar deal that they recieved for Perron. They got Magnus Paajarvi and a second for Perron.

Old
01-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddFX View Post
I don't think the Blues would move Jaskin. Jaskin makes Stewart the odd man out in the future. Blues fans on the Trade board were saying Stewart could be had for a similar deal that they recieved for Perron. They got Magnus Paajarvi and a second for Perron.
Who's our Magnus ?

Old
01-14-2014, 04:10 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
lolwut ?

Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ^1000 Volchenkov.

They're both mostly bad when playing.
I was only discussing their on ice play. Yeah, contract wise I'd definitely take the really smelly turd I can get rid of really quick and doesn't cost me much money than the slightly less smelly turd that will be stuck to the bottom of my shoe for years and is somehow costing me a fortune.

Old
01-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I was only discussing their on ice play. Yeah, contract wise I'd definitely take the really smelly turd I can get rid of really quick and doesn't cost me much money than the slightly less smelly turd that will be stuck to the bottom of my shoe for years and is somehow costing me a fortune.
Hahaha!

Old
01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Hahaha!
Not quite sure how the turd stuck to my shoe is costing me money, though.

Perhaps hindering me at job interviews?

Old
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Not quite sure how the turd stuck to my shoe is costing me money, though.

Perhaps hindering me at job interviews?
Or if you're hanging out at the corner of Ste-Catherine...

Old
01-14-2014, 05:32 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
lolwut ?

Agree. Volchenkov is a superior player to Murray, but the simple fact that Murray can be buried in the AHL and/or forgotten about after this year makes his contract the lesser liability.

Old
01-15-2014, 04:37 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
To 1993, if you read my post you will see that I am not interested in moving Patches ( you said top scorer and top forward so I assume you mean him ) and I just went through what I think it would take to land Kane, ending up with a suggested trade of Pleks and Gorges for Kane. I mentioned Gallagher because I think that could make the trade work , but I do not want to move Gallagher, so put in Gorges and why I think the Jets could live with him to make the trade work.

You know if Kane is nuts then I don't want him. However if Kane needs a little patience and what you get is a big, fast , skilled and aggressive 22 year old power forward then I don't get how this trade ...ruins the franchise... . I mean if you think minus Pleks and Gorges plus Kane and a UFA D man we are worse off fair enough, but calm the hell down. You don't win the Cup with lunch pail talent, you need talent with a lunch pail attitude and that means quality pieces. Guess what sunshine, most GMs wont give you gold for a pile of garbage and if you think we should wait until we have a chance of being on the other side of a Gomez like deal, well we wont be winning the Cup for a long time.
Kane could be a really excellent PWF, but trading away the only veteran two way center is a lateral move at best.

Quote:
Trading Markov is similar to trading Plekanec, unless the upgrade is significant. Say NJ Devils Adam Larsson for Markov, and Plekanec for E.Kane, then put the SC playoff hopes for 2-3 yrs. until said players evolve. Then the Habs core group would all be in the same age category and be contenders for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddFX View Post
The Blues might be interested in a Jaskin for Plekanec trade which could be equal to E.Kane over time and far more likely. While Markov for Larsson maybe a viable trade if NJD makes the playoffs and the Habs are out.

Old
01-15-2014, 04:45 AM
Davegarri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
I'd rather have Bryce Salvador than Volchenkov.
As a Devils fan, I can promise you that they would trade Grandpa Sal for Briere in a heartbeat. Salvador is a slow useless piece of crap who turns the puck over non-stop, can't clear the zone, and gets beat outside every play. If you want him PLEASE take him hahah. I'd take a bag of pucks for him at this point.

I like Volch though, he's stepped up his game this year.

Old
01-15-2014, 05:25 AM
TT1

im so tired of watching this team suck offensively:/. our wingers on the pp are beyond terrible

Old
01-15-2014, 05:36 AM
TiCats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Who's our Magnus ?
Would you trade Collberg for Magnus?i

Old
01-15-2014, 06:36 AM
Beendair Donedat

Made this proposal on the main board and it seemed to go over okay:

To Montreal: David Perron

To Edmonton: Josh Gorges, 2014 Second Round Pick.

Old
01-15-2014, 06:40 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
I dreamed that we traded Eller, Dumont and a high pick for Nash.... I was pissed.

Old
01-15-2014, 07:21 AM
Marc-E-

Quote:
If Galchenyuk had not gotten hurt and off the line-up for so long, I would have liked to see a similar trade to this one:

Tomas Plekanec ($5M) for Bryan Bickell ($4M) and prospect Adam Clendening.

I know that most wouldn't agree with it and they'd have a point, but I think that it would help the team in the long run.
Big if. But if Chicago knocks on my door and I'm MB, I'll ask Teravainen, Pirri or Morin and a first round pick for Plekanec.

Old
01-15-2014, 07:38 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post

It's not terrible, but the Habs need to add a D-man more than they need to subtract one; meanwhile when Galchenyuk gets back they already have 10 top-9 type forwards.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Kane could be a really excellent PWF, but trading away the only veteran two way center is a lateral move at best.

Trading Markov is similar to trading Plekanec, unless the upgrade is significant. Say NJ Devils Adam Larsson for Markov, and Plekanec for E.Kane, then put the SC playoff hopes for 2-3 yrs. until said players evolve. Then the Habs core group would all be in the same age category and be contenders for a few years.

The Blues might be interested in a Jaskin for Plekanec trade which could be equal to E.Kane over time and far more likely. While Markov for Larsson maybe a viable trade if NJD makes the playoffs and the Habs are out.
<Larsson FOR Markov...where do I sign?!!
(Markov for another 2-3 seasons VS Larsson for 10 seasons+).
Not worried about whether or not we make playoffs-with-Markov-as-factor 'cause Markov is great for the regular season, but invisible in playoffs (I want to be proven wrong for once!).

<Plekanec FOR E.Kane...NO from me.
I want Pleks here for another 4-5 seasons.
His attitude is so great (+ he's an iron-man, great contract, never injured *knock on wood*)...he would happily accept being center #2 and maybe center #3 within the next 3-4 seasons...anything for a CUP. E.Kane is tempting, but maybe a lot of us are overrating him way too much (incl. me!).

Next season:
Emelin-PK Subban
Tinordi-Larsson
Beaulieu-Gorges

No?! Yes?! (or keep Markov for another 2-3 seasons while Larsson blossoms into a solid top 2-3 dman for 10 seasons or more...maybe!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-15-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old
01-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

Oilers wouldn't do that deal. But I want Perron with the Habs.

Old
01-15-2014, 09:13 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:

really? edmonton fans would do that? after the year perron is having...he's only 25 and his cap hit is less than gorges. and he's still signed for few more years.

Old
01-15-2014, 09:45 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Jaskin for Plekanec would be beyond terrible right now. Jaskin is a nice PWF prospect, but this team implodes without Plekanec on it. It would basically signal all out rebuild and that's not Bergevin's philosophy.

Old
01-15-2014, 09:55 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

So we get softer on the wing.. we trade away our 4th best D on a weak D core (not that I love Gorges) and trade away a pick that Timmins usually makes good on..

I am at a HUGE no.

Closed Thread