HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

buffalo deadline deals with BOS-STL-LAK

Old
01-13-2014, 08:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Hmmm. So Moulson+3rd for Clifford+Kozun+1st 2014?
Yes what do u say ?

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 08:57 PM
ExJbeck

vCash: 50
First of all, the whole point of trading Halak is so that we (the Blues) do not need the retained salary from Buffalo.

A first for Ryan Miller? Is that really all it's going to take from the Blues?

I doubt it. If Miller is traded to the Blues he will be our goaltender for the future.

How dumb would it be to trade for a rental Ryan Miller? Uh very dumb.

Anyway, Jake Allen is too close to be coming a starter for the Blues for acquiring Miller to make any sense. That is unless you're an idiot GM who's going to waste Jake Allen. Which Armstrong is not. Look at Ben Bishop,who was traded away to because of a situation where he could not get playing time, who I'd rather have than either of our two goalies now, and that would be the same situation for Allen. I don't even want to imagine that.

ExJbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 09:08 PM
ZeroPT
Tanky as ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Yes what do u say ?
Absolutely. Fire up the fax machine.

ZeroPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 09:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Absolutely. Fire up the fax machine.
Thanks for being realistic and it was a pleasure working with you lol Also i will pop in from time to time and ask how Clifford is doing and proberly check about Kozan as well. As clifford is my favourite player (ok him or kopitar its close) It will also make me watch alot more buffalo games so i guess u can say it will be my b team after the kings
cheers

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 09:31 PM
JCLiponfanboy
Kubalik For Calder

vCash: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
In the Winnipeg wants your goalie thread, Jets fans and neutral fans seem to think Halak for a 2d is a no-brainer for the Jets. They don't have a 2d this year, so it could be 2015.

So we can just do that, then trade a first to the Sabres for Miller with 40% retained. Haggling over the 4th or the mid level prospect is up to the GMs.
I would give you more than a second for Halak to come to Winny if he resigns

JCLiponfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 09:49 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
In the Winnipeg wants your goalie thread, Jets fans and neutral fans seem to think Halak for a 2d is a no-brainer for the Jets. They don't have a 2d this year, so it could be 2015.

So we can just do that, then trade a first to the Sabres for Miller with 40% retained. Haggling over the 4th or the mid level prospect is up to the GMs.
As much as their fans may agree to it, I can't see the Jet's GM trading his second round pick for a pending UFA.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Bruinsfan70

Not bad at all as a Bruins fan i like it Tallinder is not that bad good vetern guy and would help a lot nice job keep up the good work and lets go Bruins!!!

Bruinsfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 03:51 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 50
Quote:

Sounds good to me.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:42 PM
Face Wash

So the Sabres (who already have the Kings 2nd rounder) get the Kings first rounder for a guy they've already waived once?

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say not gunna happen.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
ZeroPT
Tanky as ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
So the Sabres (who already have the Kings 2nd rounder) get the Kings first rounder for a guy they've already waived once?

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say not gunna happen.
The guy they waived twice has more goals then Carter,Pominville,Parise,Sharp,Nash,St.Louis and Ryan to point out a few... I know it doesn't mean much but he is a much different player then he was when waived.
Briere was waived, Pominville was waived, St.Louis was waived... you wouldn't give up a first rounder for them?

ZeroPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 05:28 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
The guy they waived twice has more goals then Carter,Pominville,Parise,Sharp,Nash,St.Louis and Ryan to point out a few... I know it doesn't mean much but he is a much different player then he was when waived.
Briere was waived, Pominville was waived, St.Louis was waived... you wouldn't give up a first rounder for them?
I agree, he's obviously figured it out...he's definitely a scorer the Kings could use, especially on the PP. Just seems kind of odd. John Hoven (mayorsmanor.com) is saying on his FB page that the Kings might be pushing for it, Kings haven't traded both 1st and 2nd picks away in the same draft in 31 years, so to do it for Moulson? We'll see.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 07:20 PM
Isleswillrise*

Moulson trade is bad for the kings as a pure rental, he wants 5M+ and he doesnt fit their defensive game, he will score but even as an Isle he was poor on the defensive end and backcheck. I guess if its seen as a rental and secondary scoring its ok but thats a heavy price

Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote