HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

i am going to sum this up really easily

Old
01-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
i am going to sum this up really easily

if pock is the D-man who gets benched on Saturday, i am not watching another game this season.....

as per Sam's blog, he played D with Colton Orr...i mean what does the guy have to do? he has been one of our 2 best d-men the last few games.

seriously, i am starting to figure more and more that Renney has to go, and i like him! i mean he develops people fine, just never gives them a chance to play. i mean seriously, how are you going to consider sitting Pock over Malik...they are both lefties

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 04:52 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If you want you can support my avatar. Renney must go, the guy is a complete idiot and has no idea how to build a team from the parts he has in front of him. He is more concerned keeping vets happy, and treating the youth liek crap no matter how good they play (and treating vets like gods no matter how crappy they play).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
if pock is the D-man who gets benched on Saturday, i am not watching another game this season.....

as per Sam's blog, he played D with Colton Orr...i mean what does the guy have to do? he has been one of our 2 best d-men the last few games.

seriously, i am starting to figure more and more that Renney has to go, and i like him! i mean he develops people fine, just never gives them a chance to play. i mean seriously, how are you going to consider sitting Pock over Malik...they are both lefties

I for one agree. It's not like he needs to watch them both individually to see what they can do. He's familiar with Pock at this point..I dont get it. When they broke the team apart a couple seasons ago Tyutin came up and basically recieved a spot without any questions asked. Why is it so hard to slide another talented young Dman into the mix?

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Levitate

According to Brooks...

Quote:
Recalling Dan Girardi was only the first step. Beginning tomorrow afternoon in Philadelphia, the Rangers will take a good long look at the 22-year-old defenseman. And even if Girardi replaces Thomas Pock against the Flyers, no one should sweat it. That doesn't mean one young defenseman is merely taking the place of another.

For if the Blueshirts like enough of what they see over the next week or two from puck-moving Girardi, dominoes will begin to fall. If Girardi is good enough, that will liberate management to use one of its veteran defensemen as part of a package to retrieve help up front in a trade.
But then you have to decide if you want to believe anything Brooks writes

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Nich

honestly, i think it is because of Jagr......he feels like he has to win now....and doesn't think he can do it with younger players...

but at the same time, if malik gets traded soon and this is just show-casing him...and then we call up baranka, and sit rosi, i am ok with that

Old
01-26-2007, 05:08 PM
SML

Go ahead and quit watching then, you quitty quitter. What doesn't kill you is supposed to make you stronger, that is, unless you quit. You know what they say???? Quitting is for freaking quitters. How can you not watch? It's like faces of death movies back in the 80's... you knew it was going to be terrible, but you just had to be there to see HOW terrible it really was. That being said, don't quit watching, because if you quit watching, then you should quit posting here. While you're at it, if you're not gnna post, you may as well quit reading posts. See how it starts???? The next thing you know, you won't even be able to finish a sentence without quitting half way though...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Taz

Hockey is for fun and to enjoy, a non established player sitting one game your gunna stop watching?

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 05:24 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
the rangers message board stinks. some really good people on there, some people who have no idea about hockey.
Sorry. I had to do it

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Nich

it was more like a statement that the way renney uses his players is making me puke.....

Old
01-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
If you want you can support my avatar. Renney must go, the guy is a complete idiot and has no idea how to build a team from the parts he has in front of him. He is more concerned keeping vets happy, and treating the youth liek crap no matter how good they play (and treating vets like gods no matter how crappy they play).
Don't support Fly's avatar. Support mine!

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 06:28 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Go ahead and quit watching then, you quitty quitter. What doesn't kill you is supposed to make you stronger, that is, unless you quit. You know what they say???? Quitting is for freaking quitters. How can you not watch? It's like faces of death movies back in the 80's... you knew it was going to be terrible, but you just had to be there to see HOW terrible it really was. That being said, don't quit watching, because if you quit watching, then you should quit posting here. While you're at it, if you're not gnna post, you may as well quit reading posts. See how it starts???? The next thing you know, you won't even be able to finish a sentence without quitting half way though...
haha that made me laugh (it is true tho, just funny)

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post

Horrifically funny post. One of the better or read in a while. Great analogy as well.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Evgeny Oliker

hey, i'm with NICH here...this kind of treatment of young players has gone on since the days of MALHOTRA

remember that guy we had who committed suicide??? I'm sorry, but I have NO DOUBT that how he was treated in NY had something to do with his depression for sure!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
The Rangers are trying to determine which veteran defenseman (Rachunek, Malik) they can package with a prospect or pick for forward help, because they know Pock can play.
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Little bit of speculation on Zips part, but wouldnt it be nice.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
hey, i'm with NICH here...this kind of treatment of young players has gone on since the days of MALHOTRA

remember that guy we had who committed suicide??? I'm sorry, but I have NO DOUBT that how he was treated in NY had something to do with his depression for sure!
Jesus H. Christ I hope you're not being serious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Interesting, but I'm not sold until I see it happen.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 10:42 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

What i really dont get with the Rangers is they are always "trying to determine" something. The whole year has been a huge tryout, and half the time the wrong decisions are made and when the right ones are finally made (like Kaspar on waivers, Pock actually playing) its too late or after theyve run themselves into the ground trying.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 11:28 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
gee, i sure wish he'd worry more about keeping Shanny happy instead of only Jagr.
<see Shanny's comments after our last loss>

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 06:38 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Those of us who have been loooonnngggg time NYR fans understand the frustration. Through many an administration the one thing this organization has been consistant with is screwing around with young players development. Once in a while it all comes together, maybe once every decade. Ratelle, Gilbert, Hadfield, Park, Neilson, Seiling, Giacomin, Villemure, Tkaczuk, Fairbairn, etc in the mid 60's. Murdoch, Duguay, Hickey, JD, Greshcner, Vickers, Dublois, Jonstone, Da Maloney, Do Maloney, mcEwen, etc in the 70's, Pavelich, Beezer, Ruotsalainen, Erixon, Patrick, etc in the 80's and Leetch, Richter, Amonte, Weight, Turcotte, Nemchinov, Zubov, Kovalev, Norstrom, Sundstrom, Ridley, Miller, Gagner, etc. Recalling the 90's is too painful, fewer and farther between.

We;ve had our share of good picks, many in later rounds. We just have never had that consistent flow that you would like to see. Infortunately they sometimes come in bunches when they all mature and are ready. If we could just figure out how to either speed up the process and spread them out.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 07:18 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:

Bull. Youll be turning back on the TV within minutes after hearing that Pock is benched. No one believes you.

The only person on here who I believe doesnt watch the games is Shadowtron. The rest of you pretend that you dont watch them to make some sort of a stand but you are helplessly addicted to Rangers hockey and will always continue watching again.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Nich

yeah i know...i mean hell, i live in Denver now, and the first thing i did was order center ice.......hell didn't even have a bed yet, but i had center ice!!!

but seriously, it is frustrating.

i rather keep rachunek then malik

Old
01-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

I actually think it would be foolish to use Girardi as an excuse to part with one of the 6 remaining defenseman. Injuries and illness will happen and it would serve the team well to have someone in reserve. Let Malik move into the role that Strudwick filled last year, assuming the Girardi experiment goes as planned.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 09:15 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I actually think it would be foolish to use Girardi as an excuse to part with one of the 6 remaining defenseman. Injuries and illness will happen and it would serve the team well to have someone in reserve. Let Malik move into the role that Strudwick filled last year, assuming the Girardi experiment goes as planned.
Yes, but, you still have Kaspar in Hartford. If you are able to move a Malik or Rachunek, you can integrate Girardi and still have Kaspar for emergencies.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yes, but, you still have Kaspar in Hartford. If you are able to move a Malik or Rachunek, you can integrate Girardi and still have Kaspar for emergencies.
If you can get Kaspar back through recall waivers. I'm not saying it's very likely he'd be claimed, but a team beset by injuries on the blueline going into the playoffs just might be willing to roll the dice on Kaspar at half price. Maybe.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 10:27 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
If you can get Kaspar back through recall waivers. I'm not saying it's very likely he'd be claimed, but a team beset by injuries on the blueline going into the playoffs just might be willing to roll the dice on Kaspar at half price. Maybe.
You also have Baranka down there, so moving a Malik or Rachunek just seems to be a bonus.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:24 AM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post

Malhotra was and is a stiff. Plain and simple.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote