HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky at the Deadline

Old
12-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
I hope Hemsky ends up in Jersey I've always thought that team and it's culture is a good fit for him, I'm thinking they won't trade anything for him given where they are at presently but could be a good addition to the team in the off-season as a UFA signing.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 11:08 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Good base for a deal though.
It isn't though.

I want Hemsky on the Canucks as much as anyone but Tanev is far more valuable. A 24 year old top 4 D man with upside... for a 30 year old upcoming UFA winger with an injury history who has averaged .52 points per game in the last three seasons combined. There is no deal to be made there.

I think Hemsky can be a better player on a line that compliments him and on a team that needs him on the powerplay. I think he'd produce more and look very good on a line with Kesler and Higgins - players who can work the boards and shoot but lack a bit creatively.

The thing is, you don't get to bargain from that viewpoint because there will be very few teams in the league with that viewpoint.

Hemsky has a very particular skillset. You aren't going to be able to plug him on any line and get the results you want. He's into his 30's and has played 75% of the possible games in the last 3 seasons (less if you go back further). He's an upcoming UFA scoring at under a 50 point pace. GMs aren't salivating over that player - he carries significant risk as an investment and that will be reflected in his trade value.

A 1st isn't impossible, but its very, very unlikely (less so as a conditional requirement). A talented young player is out of the question.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
It isn't though.

I want Hemsky on the Canucks as much as anyone but Tanev is far more valuable. A 24 year old top 4 D man with upside... for a 30 year old upcoming UFA winger with an injury history who has averaged .52 points per game in the last three seasons combined. There is no deal to be made there.

I think Hemsky can be a better player on a line that compliments him and on a team that needs him on the powerplay. I think he'd produce more and look very good on a line with Kesler and Higgins - players who can work the boards and shoot but lack a bit creatively.

The thing is, you don't get to bargain from that viewpoint because there will be very few teams in the league with that viewpoint.

Hemsky has a very particular skillset. You aren't going to be able to plug him on any line and get the results you want. He's into his 30's and has played 75% of the possible games in the last 3 seasons (less if you go back further). He's an upcoming UFA scoring at under a 50 point pace. GMs aren't salivating over that player - he carries significant risk as an investment and that will be reflected in his trade value.

A 1st isn't impossible, but its very, very unlikely (less so as a conditional requirement). A talented young player is out of the question.
The starting price for Hemsky should be a 2nd round pick at the trade deadline I think there is more than a few teams who would do that, it's upto MacTavish and the teams interested in him to see where it goes from there. I'm guessing it will be something like 2nd round pick and a meh prospect or a B level prospect and 4th round pick.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 12:45 AM
rockinghockey

EDM has turned downs 2nd in the past

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Canucks would have too way over pay just because they are in our division ala Schneider. But Hemsky would be a perfect fit in Vancouver.
COmpletely different situation. We didn't want to give you guys Schneider because we didn't want to have to play against him for the next 15 years. Hemsky is already 30 and he's a complementary piece (second liner), and an upcoming UFA.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
No thanks. Tanev (no picks) for Hemsky works though. We could add something small
Not happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Good base for a deal though.
That trade makes us a worse team right now. Tanev is leading our team in PK minutes. Our team has the #1 PK in the league. Torts loves him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
It isn't though.

Agree completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
The starting price for Hemsky should be a 2nd round pick at the trade deadline I think there is more than a few teams who would do that, it's upto MacTavish and the teams interested in him to see where it goes from there. I'm guessing it will be something like 2nd round pick and a meh prospect or a B level prospect and 4th round pick.
Joacim Eriksson + 4th

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 08:36 AM
hawks889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko* View Post
Not happening.

That trade makes us a worse team right now. Tanev is leading our team in PK minutes. Our team has the #1 PK in the league. Torts loves him.

Agree completely.

Joacim Eriksson + 4th
Mark spector said on sportsnet that teams are only offering 3rd rounders at best for hemsky. Hard to believe his value has dropped so much.

hawks889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks889 View Post
Mark spector said on sportsnet that teams are only offering 3rd rounders at best for hemsky. Hard to believe his value has dropped so much.
I think the more interesting statement was how GM's are saying that Edmonton management are (and have been) overvaluing their players to the point that deals are not being made.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote