HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Flyer Fans' Forsberg Trade Proposals

Old
01-27-2007, 12:37 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
OT: Flyer Fans' Forsberg Trade Proposals

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=336831

Quote:
To NYR: Forsberg
To PHI: Ryan Callahan + Tom Pyatt + 2nd

Quote:
Callahan + Montoya or Sanguinetti + 1st and then we're talking. Maybe a 2nd instead of a 1st

Hmmmm that's a tough one.... Monty and Callahan or Bobby S. plus our 1st or 2nd for a 32 game train wreck rental.... That's tempting!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Balej20*

I don't even want Forsberg. This trade talk with him has to stop. Flyer fans are inflating his value way too much. Who is gonna spend a ton on a guy who is ALWAYS hurt and is on the down side of his career anyway?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:54 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Balej... "32 game rental" is all you have to say and leave it at that....

Old
01-27-2007, 01:02 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Hmmmm that's a tough one.... Monty and Callahan or Bobby S. plus our 1st or 2nd for a 32 game train wreck rental.... That's tempting!
hahahahhahahah no way I do that, when Jagr got dealt from the Pens to the Caps, he was not dealt for much. I would be shocked if a player who gets hurt is dealt for more. I know its different situation but Forsberg would be a rental so there might not be alot of intrest and been getting hurt of late.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:05 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Jorts, the Jagr analogy doesn't even compare.... He was under contract for many more seasons.... Forsberg is a UFA this summer....

Who's going to break the bank with the prospects for him? He can't even stay healthy for the regular season... What GM is going to expect him to be able to survive 4 rounds of the playoffs????

All any team has to do is play him real physical and he'll sprain his groin or tweak his ankle or concuss himself.....

Old
01-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Balej... "32 game rental" is all you have to say and leave it at that....
32 minus all the games he misses due to injury.

Old
01-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Pizza

Quote:

To NYR: Forsberg
To PHI: Ryan Callahan + Tom Pyatt + 2nd

Callahan + Montoya or Sanguinetti + 1st and then we're talking. Maybe a 2nd instead of a 1st

......not sure what they're putting on those cheese steaks.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:31 AM
SaveByHexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And then subtract 0, for all of the playoff games he would miss due to injury.

SaveByHexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:34 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonte11Scores View Post
Are you going on the record saying that if Forsberg is traded to a team who makes the playoffs, that he won't miss a single game?

Old
01-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Are you going on the record saying that if Forsberg is traded to a team who makes the playoffs, that he won't miss a single game?
No, I think he's saying that the Rangers wont even make the playoffs.

Old
01-27-2007, 02:41 AM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
No, he is saying that Forsberg won't miss any games in the playoffs because he plays when it counts.

I'm not saying I agree, it's just what I've read a couple times on HF. I think I saw someone post a stat that said he has only missed 1 playoff game his whole career or something.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:56 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
No, he is saying that Forsberg won't miss any games in the playoffs because he plays when it counts.

I'm not saying I agree, it's just what I've read a couple times on HF. I think I saw someone post a stat that said he has only missed 1 playoff game his whole career or something.
So i guess the regular season doesnt count even though he's getting paid a ton of money to participate in that as well. Great character guy this forsberg is.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:23 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
View Post
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonte11Scores View Post
= (32 games - games missed from injury) + (x playoff games - games missed from injury).

I'm pretty sure he's agreeing that Forsberg will be injured even if we make the playoffs missing more games and further devaluing him. Relax fellas.

I thought I read somewhere that the best offer the Flyers have received so far is a mid level roster player and a 1st round pick. That is already too expensive from my POV. Don't try to top that offer Slats! You already used your "Get out of Jail Free" card on the Lindross trade.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 08:31 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
......not sure what they're putting on those cheese steaks.
Certainly isn't cheese wiz I can tell you that...lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:25 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
So i guess the regular season doesnt count even though he's getting paid a ton of money to participate in that as well. Great character guy this forsberg is.
little harsh, no? The point is that he's played with injuries in the playoffs. The guy hasn't been sitting out regular season games just for the hell of it.

I think moving for Forsberg at this time would be a bad idea for this organization, but lets not disparage a future hall of famer. As far as I'm concerned, when healthy, peter has been the best and most complete forward of his generation (yes that includes Jagr.)

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:04 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..
Great post, SoS. I don't think the requests are out of line... but such a trade only makes sense for a team on the verge of the Cup. We're still a year or two away from making such a trade (I hope).

Can you imagine the Debbies with Forsberg? That would be a scary team.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:05 PM
xander

Quote:

Iagree

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:

Every time I find myself agreeing with you--and it's happened alot this season--it still unsettles me?

Value-wise, I don't see Philly getting the moon for Forsberg unless it's to a contender who can sacrifice the youth for a Cup (Detroit comes to mind). I just don't see a team like the Rangers, who may be looking for an extra push just to get them into the post-season, emptying their pockets for this guy. As usual with fan proposals, only one side of the trade table is examined. How does a 35 year old player, who is constantly injured, help this team. I know it's Peter-effin'-Forsberg, but acquiring him at the cost suggested by a Flyers fan, isn't really constructive. We're trying to build a solid foundation, not a house of cards. With Forberg you'll have an electrifying player for oh....15 games (give or take) and then we can watch him re-sign with Philly the following year alongside Monty, Cally, possibly Sanguinetti. Not thanks. The only thing I'd be happy giving Philly is Jessimen OR Falardeau and possibly a 2nd rounder. Whether or not that's realistic, doesn't matter.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:28 PM
broadwayblue

Pass. I hope this organization just let's him go quietly anywhere else...I honestly don't care if it's to the Devils. We have to start saying no to 35 year olds, healthy or otherwise if we want to have any chance at a championship in the future. We need to start preparing for a team after Jagr...and PF is not part of that team.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:

If you had half a brain, you'd realize I'm a huge Ryan Callahan fan and I said that as a 'homer' proposal.

I don't make trade proposals because EVERYBODY is always wrong. I was ****ing around. But thanks for coming out.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
If you had half a brain, you'd realize I'm a huge Ryan Callahan fan and I said that as a 'homer' proposal.

I don't make trade proposals because EVERYBODY is always wrong. I was ****ing around. But thanks for coming out.
You actually might be a bigger Cally fan than any one on here.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
You actually might be a bigger Cally fan than any one on here.
I can guarantee it.

I apologize for that little outburst, it just kind of pissed me off that someone who doesn't know my feelings on the subject (despite my extensive posting on this forum) would call me out for a post made in jest.

You guys have to understand how ridiculous it's getting on our board with the proposals. I was just running with the common thought that it will take a prospect and a 1st round pick to get Forsberg (some Rangers fans have proposed Montoya and a 1st themselves), and then I added in one of my favourite hockey players in the world for fun. It hurts me everyday knowing that Cally will be/is wearing the red, white and blue when his junior team's (the team I support) biggest rival was the Kitchener Rangers who wear the same jersey as your Rangers.

Sanguinetti is another favourite of mine. I am a big OHL fan so I see these guys a lot. It's why I call it a 'homer proposal' because I'm not really serious, you always want your favourite players playing for your favourite team.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 05:26 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I can guarantee it.

I apologize for that little outburst, it just kind of pissed me off that someone who doesn't know my feelings on the subject (despite my extensive posting on this forum) would call me out for a post made in jest.

You guys have to understand how ridiculous it's getting on our board with the proposals. I was just running with the common thought that it will take a prospect and a 1st round pick to get Forsberg (some Rangers fans have proposed Montoya and a 1st themselves), and then I added in one of my favourite hockey players in the world for fun. It hurts me everyday knowing that Cally will be/is wearing the red, white and blue when his junior team's (the team I support) biggest rival was the Kitchener Rangers who wear the same jersey as your Rangers.

Sanguinetti is another favourite of mine. I am a big OHL fan so I see these guys a lot. It's why I call it a 'homer proposal' because I'm not really serious, you always want your favourite players playing for your favourite team.
Sangs is great, he's got 20 goals this season already. That's insane. He leads all defenders in goals in the OHL, and just got selected along with two of my other favorite prospects Tommy Pyatt and Marc Staal for the OHL All-Star game. It really is great to see that we have prospects that are doing this well after all of those years of drafting debacles.

I'd just like to know if I'm the only one who thinks that Callahan has an outside shot of being a 30 goal second liner... I mean after seeing him score 52 for Guelph last year - I know, overage year - and then with the way he's been playing in Hartford this year - on pace to score 40-50 goals - could this guy be a legitimate scoring threat at the NHL level? If so, he would be going a long, long, way from when he was drafted in terms of offensive output.

Really, I hope this team rebuilds so we can add more prospects like these guys. This team needs a cornerstone center at the least. I'm not saying necessarily a franchise guy, but someone who will put up solid 1st line numbers, and a guy like John Tavares would be nice...

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 05:32 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I can guarantee it.

You want Cally? No problem, as long as either Richards or Carter could find their way into a Ranger uniform.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote