HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lose all the puck battles; 4-1 Devils

Old
01-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

vCash: 500
Some teams can get away with smaller forwards like Tampa, Anaheim (after the 1 big line, they have 3 small ass lines), Chicago... but these smaller teams can win 1 on 1 battles along the boards. The only guys I see capable of winning board battles on this team consistently are Eller, Pleks, Gallagher and that's it! It's pathetic

I've always felt this defense needed to get bigger... that's where size really matters (like I'd choose size over talent to a certain point). I believe subban would thrive most with a bigger body with him so he can be fancy while the big guy takes care of business in front of the crease. If you look now, it's always subban in front of the net clearing bodies while his partner (gorges or Markov) free roam the back boards. that is not his job!!!

Emelin is sucking... See what he brings to this team when he plays at his best like against Chicago? When he disappears, this team doesn't have a top 4. Gorges just seems done. I feel like he can still be a top 4 guy paired with, you guessed it, another big man to be the ultimate shutdown line, but not with Diaz... not with a **** emelin, not with a **** murray.

Tinordi should have been ready at the start of the season... that would have helped. Pateryn deserves a call up, and should be paired with one of the small guys and bench bouillon, diaz or murray. They are all mostly useless

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 07:51 AM
MontrealFans

From what I remember both Tinordi and Beaulieu failed early season playing with Bouillon. Bouillon throwing the puck at them forcing turnovers.
The only person that doesn't fail playing with bouillon is Subban so I still don't understand why they were sent to hamilton for good

MontrealFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 08:13 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Some teams can get away with smaller forwards like Tampa, Anaheim (after the 1 big line, they have 3 small ass lines), Chicago... but these smaller teams can win 1 on 1 battles along the boards. The only guys I see capable of winning board battles on this team consistently are Eller, Pleks, Gallagher and that's it! It's pathetic

I've always felt this defense needed to get bigger... that's where size really matters (like I'd choose size over talent to a certain point). I believe subban would thrive most with a bigger body with him so he can be fancy while the big guy takes care of business in front of the crease. If you look now, it's always subban in front of the net clearing bodies while his partner (gorges or Markov) free roam the back boards. that is not his job!!!

Emelin is sucking... See what he brings to this team when he plays at his best like against Chicago? When he disappears, this team doesn't have a top 4. Gorges just seems done. I feel like he can still be a top 4 guy paired with, you guessed it, another big man to be the ultimate shutdown line, but not with Diaz... not with a **** emelin, not with a **** murray.

Tinordi should have been ready at the start of the season... that would have helped. Pateryn deserves a call up, and should be paired with one of the small guys and bench bouillon, diaz or murray. They are all mostly useless
No not really. Plekanec is one of our soffest players, who stays at the perimeter at all times.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 08:25 AM
beaverBFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
No not really. Plekanec is one of our soffest players, who stays at the perimeter at all times.
He was talking about board battles which usually happen on the perimeter.. Also he might be soff but he's our smartest forward.

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Gorges took part of the blame for the loss. What an ass right?

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:04 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Wowww. We are 29th !

Damn, we are so inconsistent. One day, we look like a Stanley Cup team, the very next day, we look worse than the Sabres.
When our opponents actually give a ****, then we lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
At lease Plex and Briere have the ability to make some creative plays from the outside. Most of our guys only know how to dump the puck behind the net, or pass it up to the point.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:05 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I thought Eller looked pretty good with Gallagher and Pacioretty...Pretty much every time that line was on the ice they generated a chance, up until the goal was taken away which I think deflated the whole team.

Not surprised really...Gallagher hasn't looked that good in a very long time (ever since he was put with DD basically).

Eller is so strong on the puck, I seriously don't understand why he doesn't get to play more.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:09 AM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I thought Eller looked pretty good with Gallagher and Pacioretty...Pretty much every time that line was on the ice they generated a chance, up until the goal was taken away which I think deflated the whole team.

Not surprised really...Gallagher hasn't looked that good in a very long time (ever since he was put with DD basically).

Eller is so strong on the puck, I seriously don't understand why he doesn't get to play more.

^THIS^ is why...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Pricef*

We lost yesterday so now we must go back to the fire everubody, trade everybody, we are too small posts until we win again. Hopefully it is safe the return here on Friday.

Pricef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:56 AM
sandysan

Were either the Hawks or Devils games really representative of the how good the team is ? I dont think so, we are not as good as the hawks game but better than the devils game. Instead of going peak to valley, accept that the habs are a 6-7-8 team in the east and that our complete inability to score 5 on 5 means that if we make it to the playoffs, we are likely done unless price goes into god mode.

As bad as we played, seeing Jagr do what he does and then seeing what briere does was like salt in the wounds. Jagr would not likely be the difference but he would put us a hell of a lot closer to the difference than briere. And although I dont think that MT is right that Marty was the difference, he did play well after letting in the maxpax softie.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Can't believe he keeps killing us and wants to play here but management year after year say no to him despite having great chemistry with Plekanec. Jagr even at his age would be the best forward on this team

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 11:21 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Can't believe he keeps killing us and wants to play here but management year after year say no to him despite having great chemistry with Plekanec. Jagr even at his age would be the best forward on this team
Just imagine what he'd be able to teach Galchenyuk.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 11:52 AM
JBucephalus

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post

GOOD GOAL!
Sens fan coming in peace. I'll try and explain the difference between the Gallagher and zibanejad goals. Zibanejad is skating towards the net and in the process of stopping he turns his skate to deflect the puck. The puck has enough momentum on it's own to continue into the net, zibanejad adds no extra momentum as it simply deflects off his skate. Good goal. I finally got the chance to see the Gallagher goal and when the puck hits his skates it stops for a second before he sweeps it into the net. It had no momentum, being at a stand still in his skates, until he sweeps it towards the net. No goal. The video on nhl.com about kicking motion should explain it better. I'm not being a dick just pointing out the difference between the 2 and why one was allowed while the other was disallowed.

JBucephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 11:59 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucephalus View Post
Sens fan coming in peace. I'll try and explain the difference between the Gallagher and zibanejad goals. Zibanejad is skating towards the net and in the process of stopping he turns his skate to deflect the puck. The puck has enough momentum on it's own to continue into the net, zibanejad adds no extra momentum as it simply deflects off his skate. Good goal. I finally got the chance to see the Gallagher goal and when the puck hits his skates it stops for a second before he sweeps it into the net. It had no momentum, being at a stand still in his skates, until he sweeps it towards the net. No goal. The video on nhl.com about kicking motion should explain it better. I'm not being a dick just pointing out the difference between the 2 and why one was allowed while the other was disallowed.
Zibanejad was not stopping.. he's skating and punts the ****ing puck in the net. The Gallagher goal should count because he's not even focused on the puck (as you can see with Zibanejad staring at the puck while he intentionally Bends it like Beckham into the twine) and his back foot sweeps forward while he is engaged in a battle with the New Jersey defenseman. There's no kicking motion, he's actually pivoting and turning in a physical confrontation. The puck happens to squirt onto his back foot while this is happening.

Old
01-15-2014, 12:00 PM
MontrealFans

Quote:
Zib kicked it in don't fool yourself on another note is that how you brake when you skate?

MontrealFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 12:02 PM
JBucephalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Zibanejad was not stopping.. he's skating and punts the ****ing puck in the net. The Gallagher goal should count because he's not even focused on the puck (as you can see with Zibanejad staring at the puck while he intentionally Bends it like Beckham into the twine) and his back foot sweeps forward while he is engaged in a battle with the New Jersey defenseman. There's no kicking motion, he's actually pivoting and turning in a physical confrontation. The puck happens to squirt onto his back foot while this is happening.
It does not matter if he is focused on the puck or not. That's not a factor, as you are allowed to intentionally re-direct the puck into the net with your skate. Which is what zibanejad did. And Gallagher, even though he did not do it intentionally as you said, still sweeps the puck into the net from a standstill. Momentum plays a big role in deciding these goals and the video on nhl.com illustrates that.

Old
01-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Funny thing: Therrien said many times in the beginning of the season that Brière wanted to play here and it was really important in the decision of signing him.

Jagr also wanted to come here.....3 years in a row...

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 12:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
It does not matter if he is focused on the puck or not. That's not a factor, as you are allowed to intentionally re-direct the puck into the net with your skate. Which is what zibanejad did. And Gallagher, even though he did not do it intentionally as you said, still sweeps the puck into the net from a standstill. Momentum plays a big role in deciding these goals and the video on nhl.com illustrates that.
You are allowed to redirect it off your skate.. but you are not allowed to push your leg toward the puck which is what Zibanejad does.

Stop fooling yourself. That was a putrid call and it is still a baffling situation. How the NHL has still not figured out how to come up with coherent language on the kick-in goals is ****ing bush league.

It's really simple. All goals are allowed that go in off skates UNLESS the player's skate blade comes off of the ice.

Old
01-15-2014, 12:44 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
It's really simple. All goals are allowed that go in off skates UNLESS the player's skate blade comes off of the ice.
I say the other way: if the puck goes in off an attacker's skate, no goal. The end. That's what the rule used to be and I never had a problem with it.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 12:51 PM
JBucephalus

Quote:
You are allowed to redirect it off your skate.. but you are not allowed to push your leg toward the puck which is what Zibanejad does.

Stop fooling yourself. That was a putrid call and it is still a baffling situation. How the NHL has still not figured out how to come up with coherent language on the kick-in goals is ****ing bush league.

It's not a putrid call, it was the correct call. Now I understand why you're upset as often times they get these calls wrong because it's a bit of a grey area and I've seen goals like zibanejad's waived off before. But to the letter of the rule both the Gallagher and the zibanejad call were the correct ones. Zibanejad is skating towards the net, of course his skate is going towards the puck. He turns and the jilt you see from his skate in that gif is from the puck hitting it. There's not much more I can tell ya, you seem pretty adamant about your stance.

Old
01-15-2014, 01:03 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I say the other way: if the puck goes in off an attacker's skate, no goal. The end. That's what the rule used to be and I never had a problem with it.
Either one way or the other. However, the NHL wants more goals, so this is one way to do it.