HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Darius had a great attitude in Hartford tonight

Old
01-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Darius had a great attitude in Hartford tonight

He played fine and after the win he seemingly led the team to the center ice salute (what they've been doing since he had them adopt it when he last came down). It was good to see!

Jarkko Immonen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:32 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

When is Tom calling you back up, Jarkko?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
He played fine and after the win he seemingly led the team to the center ice salute (what they've been doing since he had them adopt it when he last came down). It was good to see!
Wow, I didn't know he got the Wolf Pack to do that too. That's awesome.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:31 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

yeah, i think i saw a picture of the salute thing on their website? Hopefully he pics up his game and becomes a valueable playoff injury back-back-up. Unless Slats manages to unload some of our extra d-men. Then he can be regular back-up.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
yeah, i think i saw a picture of the salute thing on their website? Hopefully he pics up his game and becomes a valueable playoff injury back-back-up. Unless Slats manages to unload some of our extra d-men. Then he can be regular back-up.
Or Malik can go away and Kaspar can be a regular.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 08:08 AM
bleedrngrblue

The thing is Kasper will be the first to admit he's sucked. He holds himself accountable,and understands the reason this happened. I also think over the past few seasons as a Ranger, Kasper has matured to the point of being a respected member of the organization, and is looking beyond his playing days. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching some time soon in this organization.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
The thing is Kasper will be the first to admit he's sucked. He holds himself accountable,and understands the reason this happened. I also think over the past few seasons as a Ranger, Kasper has matured to the point of being a respected member of the organization, and is looking beyond his playing days. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching some time soon in this organization.
During his last stint in Hartford earlier on in the season, he said he enjoyed mentoring the younger guys and could see him self coaching at some point. So you could very well be correct Bleedrngrblue

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i thinks hes far too valuable as a leader to these kids down there. and if you bring him up, at 50%, why wouldnt another team take him when he has to pass through waivers?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

wow he looked good in the AHL?

Great...

He still can't handle the NHL..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
That's fantastic. I for one, while disappointed with his play, have never been disappointed with his attitude. He is a great asset to the organization (so long as he isn't blocking other players from playing). I would love to have him as an assistant coach at HFD next year.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:09 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
wow he looked good in the AHL?

Great...

He still can't handle the NHL..
Thats been established....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
Thats been established....
It still should be repeated...

Kaspar can't handle the NHL and at some point is going to block a kid from playing for the wolfpack...

Great he has a pro attitude...It's amazing that we have to compliment a guy for doing his job...

Old
01-27-2007, 02:44 PM
SML

I understand that playing time is valuable for young guys, but you can't put a value on the kind of experience a guy like Kasparaitis has. Coaches can't be everywhere. A guy like Kaspar has played alot of places, knows an awful lot of tricks. If you really need to sweat the roster spot, I'd get rid of Purinton, or play Dale as a forward. I'd love to see Kaspar in a part time playing/coaching role. I think it would be very valuable to have a russian speaking assistant coach in Hartford, with guys like Baranka and Anisimov in the system. Not to mention, and maybe I'm being paranoid here, but it would be nice to have an established russian guy (yes I know he's actually Lithuanian) to steer our young guys away from the "undesireable" situations that have sprung up for Russian players in the past, like that extortion thing that was going on a few years back.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:46 PM
shoothepuck

He wasn't worth his NHL $'s this season, and he's not worth his AHL $'s, but its nice to see he has the right attitude..

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i thinks hes far too valuable as a leader to these kids down there. and if you bring him up, at 50%, why wouldnt another team take him when he has to pass through waivers?
Because then they'd have him for next season too and even at 1/2 price, he's still expensive for what he brings to the table. Plus, there's no guarantee his play won't continue to get worse next season--he's played hard his whole career and it shows.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 07:43 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:

Kaspar can't handle the NHL and at some point is going to block a kid from playing for the wolfpack...

Great he has a pro attitude...It's amazing that we have to compliment a guy for doing his job...
Why are you even a Ranger fan? You gotta be one of the 2 or 3 most sarcastic son of a guns I know of! There are a ton of players who......would have *****ed and moaned and caused problems if they were in Kaspars shoes, and as far as being a mentor and leader to the kids on the Pack, they wouldn't give a rats azz, at least a majority of them! SOS.... shouldn't you be on the Yankee boards bashing Jeter and Cano, and screaming about the starting pitching about now?

Old
01-27-2007, 08:26 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:

Kaspar is blocking a kid from a spot in Hartford???? But eye gouging Dale, and Dave "i cant paly defense" Liffiton fit right along the lines of what this franchise is looking for, and are not taking up spots themselves..... Doesn't make sense....

Last edited by The Big Apple: 01-27-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old
01-27-2007, 09:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Why are you even a Ranger fan? You gotta be one of the 2 or 3 most sarcastic son of a guns I know of! There are a ton of players who......would have *****ed and moaned and caused problems if they were in Kaspars shoes, and as far as being a mentor and leader to the kids on the Pack, they wouldn't give a rats azz, at least a majority of them! SOS.... shouldn't you be on the Yankee boards bashing Jeter and Cano, and screaming about the starting pitching about now?
Sarcasm comes with the territory. SOS doesn't need me to defend him, but you're off-base with your post dude. I understand what SOS is saying- professional athletes are supposed to act with class and do what is told without question. That some guys cannot do that doesn't mean we need to heap endless praise on the responsible players that do exist- they're just doing their jobs.

As far as the "shouldn't you be on the Yankees board" stuff, get out of here with that ****. What's more annoying than people intolerant of other's views is people who stereotype other fans. It's just stupid and you know it.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:58 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Sarcasm comes with the territory. SOS doesn't need me to defend him, but you're off-base with your post dude. I understand what SOS is saying- professional athletes are supposed to act with class and do what is told without question. That some guys cannot do that doesn't mean we need to heap endless praise on the responsible players that do exist- they're just doing their jobs.

As far as the "shouldn't you be on the Yankees board" stuff, get out of here with that ****. What's more annoying than people intolerant of other's views is people who stereotype other fans. It's just stupid and you know it.
Agreed....

Old
01-28-2007, 09:34 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

How come sarcasm is a one way street here? If he doesn't need defending then don't. The post wasn't directed to you, you talk about me being intolerant, then YOU turn around and post your bs. I'm anything but off base with my post! Kasper is blocking someone from playing in HFD, and Purigoon is down there playing! Gimme a break. SOS has been posting a long time, he probably read my post with a smirk and dismissed it, he's read posts of mine before on other boards. Don't try to preach to me, I didn't stereotype anyone...but you sure are stereotyping me. I've been on this board for several years as NYFAN, and recently had to change my name to one I've used on other boards for years. I like to stir it up occasionally , but stereotype or abuse folks is something I don't do! Nor do I spout off at posters and come across as a holier than though preacher and defender of the masses. Get off your high horse brotha , you overstepped your boundaries on this one and you know it!

Old
01-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
How come sarcasm is a one way street here? If he doesn't need defending then don't. The post wasn't directed to you, you talk about me being intolerant, then YOU turn around and post your bs. I'm anything but off base with my post! Kasper is blocking someone from playing in HFD, and Purigoon is down there playing! Gimme a break. SOS has been posting a long time, he probably read my post with a smirk and dismissed it, he's read posts of mine before on other boards. Don't try to preach to me, I didn't stereotype anyone...but you sure are stereotyping me. I've been on this board for several years as NYFAN, and recently had to change my name to one I've used on other boards for years. I like to stir it up occasionally , but stereotype or abuse folks is something I don't do! Nor do I spout off at posters and come across as a holier than though preacher and defender of the masses. Get off your high horse brotha , you overstepped your boundaries on this one and you know it!
what part of "at some point" did you not get...You realize i was talking in the future when i said he was going to block somebody?

I really don't care what you think of me or my point of view BUT Kaspar is a DOG..He is a lazy and I have no loyalty to him? He has played for 4 Rangers teams and made the playoffs once..He showed up to camp out of shape...was sent to hartford and complained and then when he was recalled he played like crap..

Wow he didn't complain this time...He has 3 million reasons not to complain...

Oh no the internet is filled with people that disagree...whatever are you going to do?

Old
01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
what part of "at some point" did you not get...You realize i was talking in the future when i said he was going to block somebody?

I really don't care what you think of me or my point of view BUT Kaspar is a DOG..He is a lazy and I have no loyalty to him? He has played for 4 Rangers teams and made the playoffs once..He showed up to camp out of shape...was sent to hartford and complained and then when he was recalled he played like crap..

Wow he didn't complain this time...He has 3 million reasons not to complain...

Oh no the internet is filled with people that disagree...whatever are you going to do?
I really didn't get the "at some point" part since his contract only has 1 year left.

I know you don't care .......you have plenty thick enough skin to weather some other posters opinion, but I disagree with your opinion of Kaspar. At this point, he is worthless on the Rangers, all those hits and injuries have taken their toll on his body, but I believe he could be very useful in Hartford as long as he is a positive influence. Maybe, just maybe, he can take some of those defensemen down there and help them with their development!

Old
01-28-2007, 02:54 PM
KasparKrunch

you are a disgrace. out of shape? ha, i would like to see you after you had two serious surgeries.
kaspar is a pro's pro.

stop *****ing.

KasparKrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch View Post
you are a disgrace. out of shape? ha, i would like to see you after you had two serious surgeries.
kaspar is a pro's pro.

stop *****ing.
so that was in shape Kaspar we saw?

Yikes!!!

Old
01-28-2007, 03:16 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
Kaspar is blocking a kid from a spot in Hartford???? But eye gouging Dale, and Dave "i cant paly defense" Liffiton fit right along the lines of what this franchise is looking for, and are not taking up spots themselves..... Doesn't make sense....
No, that is not what SoS is saying. He IS saying that Kasper at some point would be blocking. And, for the record, with Girardi having shown something and Pock playing well, there is no room for either Kasper OR Malik to block either of them right now.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote