Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

16 yr old Rule & Cards

Old
01-13-2014, 02:53 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

vCash: 500
16 yr old Rule & Cards

So being from Ontario, trying to follow the WHL as i love the draft work that WHL has where u draft them at 14/15 and then they cant play till they are 16 thats why i love the WHL over the OHL..

My question is

a) I know you can only carry 2 16 yr olds or dress 2 at once my question is the ones that sign with WHL and don't make the club do they just loan them to Junior A teams such as ajhl, bchl, mjhl and sjhl and the ones that dont sign when they are 16 yr old do they just sign junior a or do some of them play junior b

b) what are these card things i keep hearing about i cant find any info on them or maybe im typing the wrong thing into google to find out the different understandings for the cards?

c) I know theres AJHL, BCHL, MJHL, SJHL for Junior A and then AMHL, BCMML, MMJHL, SMHL, SSMHL just wondering what the Junior B or if they even have Junior B if what the leagues are called

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 05:09 PM
RetiredHockeyDad

vCash: 500
16 Yr Olds

1) I don't think there is any rule on the number of 16 yr olds a team can carry or dress. Everett has 4 on their roster and all 4 played in their last game. If a player signs an education agreement with a WHL club and doesn't make the team, that player can play with whoever wants him (midget, Junior A, etc.). There are a number of players in the AB Midget Hockey League that have signed Education Agreements.
2) Players sign Education Agreements
3) Junior B leagues aren't as big in the west as they are in Ontario (BC is close). Not many players, playing Junior B in Alberta ever end up playing in the WHL (I'm sure there are a few but I can't name any)

RetiredHockeyDad is offline   Reply With Quote