HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #26

Old
01-27-2007, 12:33 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #26

I'm not sure I know what to even say anymore guys...

Last game I did not post a game report because I didn't think it was even worth the effort. Saying everyone played like crap isn't much fun or imaginative. I can't go two games without one though, so I had to d one tonight even though they didn't deserve one again.

Flash to the first period...we finally get a good chance in the slot, we score. Stoll gets the puck and an essentially open net to make it 2-0 and we miss...after that there was really nothing. Talk about pathetic.

I think the only positive thing I can take from tonight is I'm pretty sure I know how we're being beaten. Teams are clogging the middle of the offensive zone on us. We don't change our attack and they gobble the puck up off our cycle all night. The only chances we have are rushes which have become few and far between due to putrid D-passing, the PP which is sputtering at best and isn't reliable at all. or a lucky bounce to an open slot.

We get no rebounds. We don't set anything up. And it never changes.

Add to that the fact that Smid and Greene only get it out when Smid skates the puck, Smith and Hejda play three feet away from each other and leave two SJ forwards (and many other fwds) wide open in front of the net, and that MAB and Roy don't work at all together, and our D and forwards flat out cannot do anything.

It doesn't help when you've got some weird ref in a loaner jersey with no number making bonehead calls (seriously, who was that guy???) but that can't be used as an excuse tonight.

The sad thing is that Roloson was even on for a distinct part of this game...it should have been about 8-3...I say 3 because we missed some REALLY easy chances too. We've become a team that shoots right at the goalie again.

So...what do we need to do? We need many things...a serious attitude adjustment, a new method of offensive play (because they've obviously figured us out, Sykora can't even get open anymore), at least 2 new defencemen (I don't care what anyone says, Hejda can't stay, he made at least 8-10 horrible plays tonight that could have been in our net) and...I know there's more but it's been a long day, I'm sick as a dog, and that only made me feel worse...

Call up Brodziak, Schremp, and Gilbert, make a couple deals (I'd deal Raffi), re-design the playbook, take the team to yoga or spelunking or something...ANYTHING.

If they don't beat LA by SEVEN tomorrow I'm still unhappy.

LMHF#1 out.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:34 AM
OntOilFan

9-1 La

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Oilerfan_55

Im pretty sure that referee was Kerry Frasier. His equipment got lost by the airlines.

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 12:43 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan_55 View Post
Im pretty sure that referee was Kerry Frasier. His equipment got lost by the airlines.
Oh yeah?

Well then Fraser sucked tonight...and he must not have had his skates either...he was having serious issues out there.

Old
01-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Oh yeah?

Well then Fraser sucked tonight...and he must not have had his skates either...he was having serious issues out there.
Yep. Looked more like he had a bender last night, forgot what hotel room he was in, ended up somewhere else, woke up, and got a cab straight to Rexall. If ever a guy looked discheveled, struggling and having difficulty skating.

We'll never know but he looked real off tonight.

Fraser was either delerious with the flu or suffering a serious hangover.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

Did he just buy that jersey at a local store? It looked too big for him. Bush league.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Belcriss
McDavid Sweepstakes!

Send a message via Skype™ to Belcriss
So much for this team winning the cup, eh LMHF#1? Its been a very disappointing season, and I really was looking at this game for a refocused Oilers, and all we got was the same S*^@!!! They deserve what they are getting. Lazy penalties, dumb plays and even dumber passes. Turnover after turnover. So much for the players learning what it takes to win. They don't have any heart, grit or determination. High time they changed the leadership on this team. This is a tired old cycle of useless efforts, and for the last five years. Apparently last years playoffs was an anomole, not a step up in the right direction. I really thought the hunger would be there, but nope, no heart on this team......

Belcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:18 AM
metallicat

Stoll, Smyth, and Pisani looked to be the only Oilers putting forth a decent effort tonight. Sad.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Tyrolean

Tons of offensively challenged players. They may be good checkers but show little flair for being creative. Reasoner, Pisani, Torres, Lupul (does he even exist?) are killing this team by not being able to score.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:20 AM
philthy mcnasty*

This has been beaten to death and everyone knows it, but I'll say it again.

That Horcoff contract has to be one of, if not plain and simply THE worst deal in Oilers history.

We pay big bucks for a "1st line center", expecting him to be able to generate offense and put up the points, to fortify and legitimize that first line.

Major failiure, absolute bust. I think quite frankly that his situation has still been UNDERestimated, due to the fact he couldn't/can't deliver remotely close to any of the expectations set upon him, that causes major problems for the coaches and players themselves, and creates many more "miny" problems within the offense.

philthy mcnasty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:32 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Stoll, Smyth, and Pisani looked to be the only Oilers putting forth a decent effort tonight. Sad.
And even then, I think Stoll had a pretty bad night, Smyth was missing pucks and having nothing go right, and Pisani didn't put much out there either...unbelievable! You know if these guys' performances were in question we had a bad night!

Old
01-27-2007, 03:32 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belcriss View Post
So much for this team winning the cup, eh LMHF#1?
Hey, nothing's been settled yet.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:59 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Hey, nothing's been settled yet.
I agree there. I still believe they can/will make the playoffs. There is still 30some games left in the season...it's far from over.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 04:15 AM
HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I agree there. I still believe they can/will make the playoffs. There is still 30some games left in the season...it's far from over.

Oh man, funniest joke I have heard this season.

This team is PATHETIC. Please Lowe, don't buy! This team has no heart and can't score if their lives depended on it.

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot_Scorer View Post
Oh man, funniest joke I have heard this season.

This team is PATHETIC. Please Lowe, don't buy! This team has no heart and can't score if their lives depended on it.
Hey, someone has to stay optimistic here...

Old
01-27-2007, 04:42 AM
HOF

I wish I still did. I love the Oilers, but this is the first time I have had a "realistic" feeling. I'm shocked.

This team stinks. I felt all the pieces were in place, but they aren't. One Dman will not save us.

I hope Lowe kicks Smyths but he curb if he asks for more than 5.75. What have we done with him? Pronger helped us to the last cup, not Smytty.

What have we done with this guy? Somebody tell me. Why does he deserve 6 million? We can't get to the playoffs WITH him. Why give him more?

Old
01-27-2007, 04:44 AM
Rin

Quote:
I wish I still did. I love the Oilers, but this is the first time I have had a "realistic" feeling. I'm shocked.

This team stinks. I felt all the pieces were in place, but they aren't. One Dman will not save us.

I hope Lowe kicks Smyths but he curb if he asks for more than 5.75. What have we done with him? Pronger helped us to the last cup, not Smytty.

What have we done with this guy? Somebody tell me. Why does he deserve 6 million? We can't get to the playoffs WITH him. Why give him more?
So basically...pronger was the ONLY reason the oilers made the playoffs. Ya, THIS year, we might not make the playoffs, but it certainly is not Smyth's fault. Can the oilers make the playoffs without him, with the current team they have right now?? Does eliminating Smyth take them to the cup finals next year? This playoff thing, its a TEAM thing.

Old
01-27-2007, 04:48 AM
HOF

Quote:
So basically...pronger was the ONLY reason the oilers made the playoffs. Ya, THIS year, we might not make the playoffs, but it certainly is not Smyth's fault. Can the oilers make the playoffs without him, with the current team they have right now?? Does eliminating Smyth take them to the cup finals next year? This playoff thing, its a TEAM thing.
It's not Smyths fault, but Pronger was the only reason we made the finals next to Rolo and Pisani. That point shot, that first pass, etc.

We have a great offensive team on paper, but we stink when it counts. SMyth is NOT a 5.5 million dollar player.

Smyth is worth more than a Briere? What a joke.

Old
01-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Rin

Quote:
It's not Smyths fault, but Pronger was the only reason we made the finals next to Rolo and Pisani. That point shot, that first pass, etc.

We have a great offensive team on paper, but we stink when it counts. SMyth is NOT a 5.5 million dollar player.

To the oilers, Ryan Smyth might be worth more than Briere. He is the <cliche>heart and soul player of this team</cliche>. What Smyth brings to this team in terms of heart, leadership, etc...can not be filled. Look at Moreau, i'm sure people could argue that [insert great forward here] is better than Moreau because [great forward] produces more on the score sheet...but its the small things that Moreau does, that don't appear on the scoresheet, that are irreplacable by [great forward].

Old
01-27-2007, 04:55 AM
HOF

Quote:
To the oilers, Ryan Smyth might be worth more than Briere. He is the <cliche>heart and soul player of this team</cliche>. What Smyth brings to this team in terms of heart, leadership, etc...can not be filled. Look at Moreau, i'm sure people could argue that [insert great forward here] is better than Moreau because [great forward] produces more on the score sheet...but its the small things that Moreau does, that don't appear on the scoresheet, that are irreplacable by [great forward].
I get what yoi are saying, but I think we disagree more on what the teams future outlook is.

When is the last time this team had a guy in a commercial?, a video game? A leading scorer, a leading pint guy, a leading assist guy, etc.....

Pronger!

We are always mediocore. God I miss that guy.

I seen Mess and them. God, we were so spoiled.

Old
01-27-2007, 05:02 AM
Rin

Quote:
I get what yoi are saying, but I think we disagree more on what the teams future outlook is.

When is the last time this team had a guy in a commercial?, a video game? A leading scorer, a leading pint guy, a leading assist guy, etc.....

Pronger!

We are always mediocore. God I miss that guy.
You are looking at the future...i'm looking at the now. I'm too the glass is more than half full to think this season is done. The future i see...is the remaining 30some games. Pronger is gone, and he isn't coming back. It's time to move on...it's like when you are a kid, and your fave pet dies...no amount of crying will bring it back. If Lowe gets a few good pickups (before it's too late), this team can and will succeed.

Old
01-27-2007, 05:07 AM
HOF

Quote:
You are looking at the future...i'm looking at the now. I'm too the glass is more than half full to think this season is done. The future i see...is the remaining 30some games. Pronger is gone, and he isn't coming back. It's time to move on...it's like when you are a kid, and your fave pet dies...no amount of crying will bring it back. If Lowe gets a few good pickups (before it's too late), this team can and will succeed.
I still see what you are saying. I think you are an intelligent poster.

Ijust think this team has always been mediocre. I'm 25 and I have never seen this team be in the thick of anything. It seems weird, but we never have a player in anything important. Points, awards, commercials, etc.

Why are we always mediocre?

Old
01-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Rin

Quote:
I still see what you are saying. I think you are an intelligent poster.

I just think this team has always been mediocre. I'm 25 and I have never seen this team be in the thick of anything. It seems weird, but we never have a player in anything important. Points, awards, commercials, etc.

Why are we always mediocre?
I can't answer that question since I just started following this team last season. As for the whole not having a player in anything important thing, that just goes to show we have more of a team, than a star and its followers. EX: Kipper, and the Flames. Sidney Crosby, and the Penguins. Ovechkin, and the capitals. We are THE Oilers, not some star and the rest of the guys that just fill the roster spots and chew up ice time. When facing other teams i'd rather hear THE OILERS are coming to town, not Crosby and his team are coming to town. But that could just be me, and i'm not in any way saying i would turn down any of the above players. It takes 19 people to play a hockey game, whether you have 1 star, 5 stars, or 0 stars...you still need 19 players. I would chose 19 average/slightly above average players over 1 star, and 18 (give or take a few) below average achievers.

Old
01-27-2007, 01:34 PM
mvprimate

Quote:

trust me, next year briere wont be a 5.5 million dollar player.

mvprimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
9-1 La
You know OOF, I've really changed my opinion of you over the past few weeks. I really disliked you at first and we had our battles, but then as I read more of your posts I could see that your opinions were based on solid ground and that you were willing to support your arguments. I don't agree with alot of your posts, but I respect that you back up your opinions. I know you don't really care what people think of you but you certainly gained some respect around here IMO.

However, the one thing that you do that still pisses some ppl off is stir the pot. How exactly was you making the post you just did anything but trolling? The person above posts "If they don't beat LA by SEVEN tomorrow I'm still unhappy." and you post 9-1 LA. What is the point of that post?