HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL GDT: New York Rangers AT Philadelphia Flyers 1 pm

Old
01-27-2007, 03:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
A good result. Malik looked terrible, Rosie looked horrible on the PP which was pathetic in general. The 3rd line, as many have stated, played very well. Any second line centered by Blair Betts will be totally worthless. Girardi was solid in his 12 minutes. I'd love to see Pock back ASAP, and Malik waived.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
As usual, an adventure for our Rangers.

......we better not trade Petr Prucha.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Prucha was one of the best players on the ice almost the entire game.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:28 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
SOME INTERESTING 3RD & 4TH LINE STATS

These players have played most games - in a plethora of combinations - on the 3rd & 4th line this season. This is interesting and probably saying a lot about the teams failure to win close games:

Hollweg 48 GP 0 goals
Betts 48 GP 6 goals
Hossa 46 GP 2 goals
Ward 45 GP 4 goals
Hall 45 GP 4 goals
Orr 27 GP 0 goals

Total 259 GP 16 goals
Average per game = 0,06 goals per player/game

Other people stinting in on the 3rd/4th lines (although there is no consistency here in what line they actually played)

Immonen 11 GP 1 goal
Krog 5 GP 1 goal
Ibister 2 GP 1 goal
Ortmeyer 8 GP 1 goal
Callahan 2 GP 0 goal
Dawes 8 GP 1 goal

TOTAL 36 GP 5 goals
Average per game 0.13 goals per player/game

Kinda says something...

Good win btw

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pizza

Maloney makes an obvious but good point. If Jagr plays the way he did today every night, the Rangers will win more than they lose.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
Rangers win! Dominated the game by the sounds of it.

Must win game, the team finally showed up.

For those who watched the game, how was Girardi's overall play?
Pretty good game from Girardi, IMO. Made nice passes, safe plays, didn't try up the middle passes ala Pock or Malik, I cringed a little bit when he sent that Flyer crashing into Lundqvist, though... First rule of business, kid... Don't be the guy who is responsible for blowing out your franchise goalie's knee unless you want to be linemates with Theo Fluery in the Irish League...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
Rangers win! Dominated the game by the sounds of it.

Must win game, the team finally showed up.

For those who watched the game, how was Girardi's overall play?
Girardi looked fine to me. Made some nice plays with his body, cleared the crease on a couple of occasions and was always in position. He played 12 minutes and looked like he belonged. He didn't provide much of anything offensively, but that's fine as we need a solid defensive defenseman just as much as we need a D-man who can score.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

The Rangers dominated a bad team and still only won by a goal..

Malik just needs to be scratched next game...it needs to happen...

If this team had a second line center a lot of other pieces fall in the right place...

Yet another game that Shanny isn't on the score sheet...Must be his linemates and ice time right?

The people that compared Hollweg to Orr at points this season should watch this game over and over again..

Krog is still a borderline NHL player goal today or not...

Hall played his best game in months but still sucks...

Prucha Cullen and Ortmeyer could be that forechecking third line this team needs...

I still think any combo of Callahan/Dawes/Dubinsky add more to this team and are better players than Hall and Krog..

Aaron Ward should not play the left side again....EVER

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
So, by the looks of it, Krog and Giardi were both good? Good news!

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The Rangers dominated a bad team and still only won by a goal..

Malik just needs to be scratched next game...it needs to happen...

If this team had a second line center a lot of other pieces fall in the right place...

Yet another game that Shanny isn't on the score sheet...Must be his linemates and ice time right?

The people that compared Hollweg to Orr at points this season should watch this game over and over again..

Krog is still a borderline NHL player goal today or not...

Hall played his best game in months but still sucks...

Prucha Cullen and Ortmeyer could be that forechecking third line this team needs...

I still think any combo of Callahan/Dawes/Dubinsky add more to this team and are better players than Hall and Krog..

Aaron Ward should not play the left side again....EVER
Agree that Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer was as good of a third line as we've had all season, though if we were to acquire a 2nd line center I'd want Prucha back up there with him (assuming Prucha wasn't dealt in a deal). I think Callahan would slot nicely with Cullen and Ortmeyer and provide the same type of play we saw tonight.

Hall does suck. Krog sucks but at least he grinds and can win some draws. Agreed that Cally/Dubi/Dawes would be better, and I'll throw in Jarkko for good measure because I still like him.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:33 PM
SML

Is it me, or do the veterans on this team show a lack of hustle? I remember one play where Ward was knocked down by the sideboards and he just seemed like he thought he had all the time in the world to get back into the play. Nylander loses his stick, and casually skates over to the bench as though it's free skating night at the local rink. Nylander wthout a stick is about as useless as it gets, C'mon, get to the bench already!

Old
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
shoothepuck

Krog with the GWG.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I wouldnt say this Flyers team was "bad" they got a lot healthier.

The Rangers could have easily won by 2 or 3 if the puck hits the posts and inch to the left or right.

The Rangers PP locked a little better. They just have to score and get hot. If they want to beat the good teams it is imperitive that the PP works, with results.

The thrid line was fantastic, all over the ice.

Prucha with one of the best games of the year.

Jagr with one of the best games of the year.

Defense was solid, but still cracked at times. They did however give Lundqvist a clear view for the majority of the game.

Girardi was solid. simple hockey he plays, something the Rangers need. but we all know hell sit next game because Renney likes to do that to the youngens.

2 badly needed points.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Krog with the GWG.
Krog with the 1st Star!?!?!? *** did I miss? He had a nice shift and good hustle on the GWG, but come on, there were at least 5 Rangers with better games than him.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:36 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Prucha was one of the best players on the ice almost the entire game.
I really like him in this kind of role. Maybe he won't be scoring that many goals, but i think it will really boost his confidence. Hopefully Cullen dishes out the puck, although today I didnt really see him puck-hogging. Like I said earlier, i hope managment gives a kid like Callahan a shot on this line.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
So, by the looks of it, Krog and Giardi were both good? Good news!
Girardi played well but the whole callup just creates another cluster**** for the rangers..

The right side of the defense is hands down the better side and dare i say a minor strength...Really over the past couple of months Rozsival, Ward, and Rachunek have played fairly well...So what do the Rangers do....They call up another right defenseman and move Ward to the left side...Now on Monday you just know it's Girardi that sits and Pock is brought back into the lineup...Instead of Malik sitting and everything being even and somewhat balanced...

Old
01-27-2007, 03:39 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Girardi played well but the whole callup just creates another cluster**** for the rangers..

The right side of the defense is hands down the better side and dare i say a minor strength...Really over the past couple of months Rozsival, Ward, and Rachunek have played fairly well...So what do the Rangers do....They call up another right defenseman and move Ward to the left side...Now on Monday you just know it's Girardi that sits and Pock is brought back into the lineup...Instead of Malik sitting and everything being even and somewhat balanced...
the problem is if Malik sits, you have to play Ward on the right side again. So if Pock is to play, as well as Girardi, you gotta scratch Rachunek. But he's played well so I can certainly envision Renney sitting Girardi and playing pock with Rachunek on mon

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:41 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I hate the fact that they give guys who get the Game Winners first star always. It makes it seem like he went end to end and put the puck between his legs and roofed it.

They guy played like 9 minutes and was in the right place at the right time. Good for Krog, but jagr and Prucha def deserved higher praise than he did.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Jagrs strongest game of the year. Great two way play by #68.

Girardi....all positive....Kid played smart....

The 4th line with the game winner!

Lundy with another low scoring effort( no chance on that incredible pass by Forsberg)

Have to see this as a BIG positive.

01-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Ola

Prucha was involved with the puck 3 times the first two periods, then I counted 12 in the 3rd. Thats the Prucha I love. He can be so important without scoring goals. If he keeps playing like this the goals will come too.

Another thing is that he played more on the right side in the 3rd, I commented on how he often got the passes on his backhand in the first two, on the right side its easier for him to get it under controll.

On defense I thought Rozival and Rachunek had very good games. Rach had a bad giveaway, but played well besides that. Malik, he had what one bad giveaway and got beat wide once, as usual, other then that he played pretty well. Ward were awful. Have only seen like 70% of the games this season, I've seen the reports on him playing bad but he had never did it when I saw him, tonight he were downright awful. He played like Straka with the flu... Girardi had a good first game. Its impossible to imagine how big debuting in the NHL is for a hockeyplayer. Renney handled him perfectly, he saw the ice in the right situations. The most important thing for a D is not to do great stuff every now or then, its to play at a high level 82 games per season. So its hard judge Dan after his first game.

Up front I kind of felt like I did after the first two. Betts had heavy legs. Hossa obviously needs the play to come to him. Shanahan again had too take a big defensive responsibility when Betts and Hossa are struggling, otherwise thats kind of the purpose about playing him with Betts, to let him concentrate on the offense...

Cullen and Prucha didn't get anything gooing in the first two periods. Didn't have any problems defensivly, but at the same time Philly line 2-4 really sucked tonight, I don't think they can get away playing like that against a better team. But in the 3rd they especially started to take advantage of Orts defensive work. Cullen and Prucha freewheeled offensivly, changed sides at times, got their feet moving and played great. That line have some potential if they can build on that. At the same time, this were Philly, with the worst blueline in the game. But they looked promising. Maybe they should try Prucha more on the right side. Though again thats something I talked about earlier, when the puck travels the fast way from one end to the other, Prucha aren't fast enough to find that open ice like he did when he shifted from left to right and could get the puck faced the right way and challenge a D. Cullen got a important role there to create that space for Prucha.

Holly had a great game. Hall made a nice play for the winner, should get credit for it. I think Krog is a good fit on a 4th line. He can get the puck up ice and fill the hole after Moore to some extent. Though despite Hall's efforts this game I would defenitly like to see better wingers there...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
the problem is if Malik sits, you have to play Ward on the right side again. So if Pock is to play, as well as Girardi, you gotta scratch Rachunek. But he's played well so I can certainly envision Renney sitting Girardi and playing pock with Rachunek on mon
I think you can move Rachunek to the left side...I'm no fan of a Right defenseman playing the other side but Renney has paired Rachunek and Rozsival at even strength this season...

Rachunek Rozsival
Tyutin Girardi
Pock Ward

Old
01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
smoneil

I was more surprised by Esche being second star. Yeah, he had a good save percentage and 33 saves, but the frame made almost as many saves as he did. The only thing that kept Esche from getting shelled was a bit of luck.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:47 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Krog with the 1st Star!?!?!? *** did I miss? He had a nice shift and good hustle on the GWG, but come on, there were at least 5 Rangers with better games than him.
I think it's safe to say that scoring a game winning goal is good enough for first star in Philly this year, they've had a rough season.

Old
01-27-2007, 03:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

How many Posts did we hit?

That play by Jagr in the 3rd when he deked and wristed to the post was sweet

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

*sigh*

Rangers finally play a good game, and my blog is having technical difficulties which wont permit me to post

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote