HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Proposal NYR/VAN

Old
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

vCash: 500
Hell, I'd even volunteer driving Bulis to MSG from here in Vancouver.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 04:02 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Simple and fair.
sign below!

X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Glen Sather

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Edge

From a trade perspective it actually makes sense.

Hall's big problem is that he's just not taking that next step and he's at the age where that's really what you want to see.

To me his production isnt really what concerns me the most, I believe that with a legit third line center he's right back in the 15 goal, 30 point range. The problem is that from a potential perspective, Hall really should be a 25 goal, 45 point player.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:22 PM
GarretJoseph

Sign me up.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Bleach Clean

What a difference a few games can make:

-Bulis has found his game. Whether he wants to showcase himself, or thinks there's more of an opportunity with Kesler out, he has really picked up his play of late.

Question for NY fans: Is Hall worth a 3rd, or perhaps a 2nd at the deadline?

My guess would a resounding _no_. And so I don't think Bulis will now be traded for Hall straight-up (where there might have been a possibility before). Perhaps a pick from NY could get it done (3rd)?

Also, I here Hall is playing defense in practice?

Bleach Clean

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What a difference a few games can make:

-Bulis has found his game. Whether he wants to showcase himself, or thinks there's more of an opportunity with Kesler out, he has really picked up his play of late.

Question for NY fans: Is Hall worth a 3rd, or perhaps a 2nd at the deadline?

My guess would a resounding _no_. And so I don't think Bulis will now be traded for Hall straight-up (where there might have been a possibility before). Perhaps a pick from NY could get it done (3rd)?

Also, I here Hall is playing defense in practice?

Bleach Clean
a few games make THAT much of a difference? Cause Adam Hall had an assist today if you are going by that...

I don't see how everyone in Vancouver would love this trade and a couple games later it isn't even, or even a 3rd rounder difference. I'de rather have Hall go through waivers than spend a 3rd getting rid of him for a inconsistent player who is never content and has pretty much hit his ceiling.

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaws View Post
a few games make THAT much of a difference? Cause Adam Hall had an assist today if you are going by that...

I don't see how everyone in Vancouver would love this trade and a couple games later it isn't even, or even a 3rd rounder difference. I'de rather have Hall go through waivers than spend a 3rd getting rid of him for a inconsistent player who is never content and has pretty much hit his ceiling.
I understand your point of view, and I was one who advocated a Bulis for Hall straight up trade. He was really poor for the canucks up until this latest week or so.

The crux of the arguement is that Bulis, while still inconsistant, has managed 3 seasons of 30/30+ points on the 3rd line of his respective team. Hall is still an unknown at this point. He could very well become a career 4th-liner.

So while Vancouver was waiting for Bulis to return to any type of previous form, its not known if Hall becomes anything at all. That's why a re-ignited Bulis has more trade value than a still struggling Hall.

If Hall had broken out during the course of the season, his trade value would go up. NY fans wouldn't want him moved for a Bulis then, and rightly so.

If Vancouver could get a 3rd or perhaps a 2nd for Bulis right now, which seems like the current consensus, then wouldn't trading him for Hall now be an overpayment? Likewise, you wouldn't trade Hall to Vancouver for someone like Yannic Trembley would you?

Bleach Clean

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 01-27-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 06:50 PM
The Thomas J.*

Its just not working out here for hall, I would love to see Bulis here, he almost always plays well against the Rangers and he could help with his speed, and Bulis does go to the net on a P/P so thats a plus. If you can trade Hall and a mid-level prospect and or 3rd or 4th rounder I would make the deal.

God I hated the Hall for Moore trade,I never understood it, I started a thread about how much I hated it and for the most part people were for it. Now we are all trying to ship Hall out.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Pizza

I'm almost rather have a pick than a player who's an under achiever or has potential baggage problems. We have not done well there. The Rangers have actually gotten some good picks in the later rounds the last few years.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 08:08 PM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i think hall is dwindling under pressure. i loved getting this guy, but he hasn't been the player i thought he would be....like hugh jessiman the second
Actually, Jessiman is Adam Hall the second. Jessiman still isn't in the league yet. In fact, he may never make the league. Hope he likes NASCAR in Charlotte.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 08:11 PM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Deville View Post
Its just not working out here for hall, I would love to see Bulis here, he almost always plays well against the Rangers and he could help with his speed, and Bulis does go to the net on a P/P so thats a plus. If you can trade Hall and a mid-level prospect and or 3rd or 4th rounder I would make the deal.

God I hated the Hall for Moore trade,I never understood it, I started a thread about how much I hated it and for the most part people were for it. Now we are all trying to ship Hall out.
I didn't like it either, especially in the new age NHL where speed is better than size.

Old
01-27-2007, 09:01 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'm almost rather have a pick than a player who's an under achiever or has potential baggage problems. We have not done well there. The Rangers have actually gotten some good picks in the later rounds the last few years.
One thing I dont understand is why did the Rangers just get a draft pick for Moore instead of Hall. I know Hall was a better player on the Preds than on the Rangers, maybe he is a western conference type I would have taken the draft pick.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 09:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squilber View Post
Actually, Jessiman is Adam Hall the second. Jessiman still isn't in the league yet. In fact, he may never make the league. Hope he likes NASCAR in Charlotte.
I betcha that if we traded Jess someone would give him a shot at the NHL level sooner rather than later. It's no indictment of our team or anything, he has done little to warrant a call-up, but if we moved him I'd venture to say that a team would throw him into the fire and see what he has.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I betcha that if we traded Jess someone would give him a shot at the NHL level sooner rather than later. It's no indictment of our team or anything, he has done little to warrant a call-up, but if we moved him I'd venture to say that a team would throw him into the fire and see what he has.
So essentially he becomes Balej or Fedor Fedorov.

I can honestly see that. Don't think it's necessarily the right thing to do, but it's certainly a possibility.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

You can have Hall as a concession.... No need to send anything our way.... I just want to clear up space for our prospects.....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:04 PM
AXN

What do you want for Morrison?

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:10 PM
BigE

I'd rather not to be honest.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:18 PM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah...what he had was 1 goal in 25 minor league games before getting demoted to an either lower minor league level. This pick was just brutal and everyone knew he was rated much lower and that it was a reach. They thought they were drafting the second coming of Cam Neeley and instead we got another in the same bloodline as Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark, Manny Malhotra, Cherneski, Jeff Brown, Michael Stewart, the Ferraro brothers, etc., etc. etc.

Old
01-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Edge

Quote:
Yeah...what he had was 1 goal in 25 minor league games before getting demoted to an either lower minor league level. This pick was just brutal and everyone knew he was rated much lower and that it was a reach. They thought they were drafting the second coming of Cam Neeley and instead we got another in the same bloodline as Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark, Manny Malhotra, Cherneski, Jeff Brown, Michael Stewart, the Ferraro brothers, etc., etc. etc.
At the very least Malhotra has turned himself into a nice third line player, which is really about where the expectation should've been in the first place.

Old
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Cherneski does not belong in that bunch. He just had bad luck with injuries. Agree that Malhotra has made himself a decent 3rd liner. Neil Smith was off his knocker with his comments. Sort of like the infamous "Michael Jordan of Hockey" lines.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Cherneski does not belong in that bunch. He just had bad luck with injuries. Agree that Malhotra has made himself a decent 3rd liner. Neil Smith was off his knocker with his comments. Sort of like the infamous "Michael Jordan of Hockey" lines.
Thank you. I get tired of refuting this. The kid was not a bust. As EDGE has properly stated before, his injury was punishment to the Rangers by the hockey gods for actually keeping Brent *** Fedyk on the roster over this kid (who was also more ready to play in the NHL than Smith's trophy of his rebuild, Malhotra.) Just a damn shame. We could have seen him and Savard manning a solid 2nd line for 6-7 years by now.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Edge

I think you guys might've misread what Squilber said.

He was talking about Jessiman with that comment, not Cherneski.

Old
01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Thank you. I get tired of refuting this. The kid was not a bust. As EDGE has properly stated before, his injury was punishment to the Rangers by the hockey gods for actually keeping Brent *** Fedyk on the roster over this kid (who was also more ready to play in the NHL than Smith's trophy of his rebuild, Malhotra.) Just a damn shame. We could have seen him and Savard manning a solid 2nd line for 6-7 years by now.
I hate recalling all of this. So many mistakes made by this organization. Bad luck or not, one can argue that Stefan would have not have gotten injured (THAT particular injury) had me rightly made the team in stead of trash like Fedyk. I better stop now becuase this is starting to remind me of the current situatiosn on this team.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 08:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think you guys might've misread what Squilber said.

He was talking about Jessiman with that comment, not Cherneski.
Not quite, Edge.

Quote:
instead we got another in the same bloodline as Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark, Manny Malhotra, Cherneski, Jeff Brown, Michael Stewart, the Ferraro brothers
Cherneski does not belong in that bunch.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
One thing I dont understand is why did the Rangers just get a draft pick for Moore instead of Hall. I know Hall was a better player on the Preds than on the Rangers, maybe he is a western conference type I would have taken the draft pick.
You would have taken the pick?

If that's the case, then I think a better question is if you wanted a pick so badly, why did you change your user name before Hall played a single game for this team?

Answer that question honestly and you'll have the answer to why the Ranger got Hall instead of a pick.