HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Need ticket advice

Old
01-15-2014, 10:25 AM
storey13

vCash: 500
Need ticket advice

Hello, Blues fan living in Charlotte here.

I am planning on going to the Blues vs Canes game on Jan 31st and was wondering you could give me some advice on tickets. I am the type of fan that likes to be able to see all of the ice, including plays developing. Here are the tickets I'm looking at within my budget on stubhub, and any advice on which would be best or why one might be a better choice than the other would be extremely appreciated.

Section 107, row V
Section 108, row L
Section 324, row E
Section 304, row D
Section 117, row G

Thanks!

storey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Elsker

Section 324 (my STH section for the past 12 seasons) is center ice and you will be able to see the flow of the game with a flick of the eyes. Steep banking of the upper section puts you fairly close to the ice for upper section seating. Same view as the game broadcasters, including facing the team benches on the opposite side of the ice.

For lower bowl seating, I find row Q or higher takes out the glass, if that bothers you.

EDIT: 304 is also center ice, but is behind the benches, if you prefer that view.

Last edited by Elsker: 01-15-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Elsker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 10:43 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

This should help you decide:

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=78629

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 10:58 AM
storey13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I've been looking at that as well, but I like to get other folks perspectives on seats. I am leaning towards either 107 row V or the upper bowl center ice sections.

Old
01-15-2014, 03:18 PM
KibGrinder

vCash: 722
If I were a Blues fan I'd go for the section 117 seats. That puts you smack in the middle of the "Blues shoot twice" zone. Yeah you do lose a little vision when play is along the boards on your side of the ice, but I love my seats in 102-J which is basically the "Canes fan" version of your seats a few rows back. And as an added bonus it puts another Blues fan almost as far from me as possible. I suspect the Blues will dominate and it always irks me to have folks nearby cheering loudly for the opposing team. So yeah, 117, please?

My second choice would be the section 107 seats. I know everyone has their own opinions, but I'd personally rather be closer to the ice and players than have a better bird's eye view.

JMHO

KibGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Clark Gillies

I had a partial season ticket for a couple of years in 304 (high) and 305 (row D).
I have also been in 325 (row D).
Absolutely great view in either 324 or 304 in rows that low.
It is not the case in 304, but in 305 row D is the first row above the walkway, so you actually have no one in front of you except a concrete ledge. We loved the seats in row D - perfect view. The only reason we gave them up was to move to the cheaper seats and get full seasons.

I have sat in 107 and 108 and would take the center ice uppers in a heartbeat over them.

Clark Gillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 11:28 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
There's really not a bad seat in the house so it's all about personal preference. If you like reading how the play develops, the 300 level is ideal and usually pretty damn cheap. Personally my favorite seats are between the top few rows of the 100 level and the bottom few rows of the 300s.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 08:29 AM
TankStrappe
lol canes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
There's really not a bad seat in the house so it's all about personal preference. If you like reading how the play develops, the 300 level is ideal and usually pretty damn cheap. Personally my favorite seats are between the top few rows of the 100 level and the bottom few rows of the 300s.
I would agree with that, except I'd say the back rows in the upper 300s in the corners and end zones are kind of lousy. The best value I've ever gotten on tickets from the box office was back when they were doing the $10.29 deal for the 300-level corners. Got four tickets on the first row for $41 and it was like being on the club level.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but if it's kind of tight, I'd take one of those 300-level ones. In most sections, I think row D is actually the first because the mezzanine seats along the sides account for the first few rows. In those sections, you'll have the mezzanine, but you don't really give up anything in terms of view. As for the lower level, the seats in 108 shouldn't give you any blind spots, but in 117 you won't be able to see the action in the near-side corner on the other end because the glass will obstruct your view. Row G is good for seeing the players up close, but not so much for reading how the play will develop coming out of the other end. In 107 you'd be up high enough that it wouldn't really be a concern, I don't think.

TankStrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2014, 09:22 PM
storey13

Thanks for all the advice for last years game. We ended up getting lower level seats in 107 in the higher rows. For this year, I found some seats in row A section 324 that I want, but I wanted to make sure they were normal seats and nothing wrong before buying. It is seats 35 and 36 in row A of section 324.

Thanks in advance!

Old
01-02-2015, 08:30 AM
carolinacanuck

hey, everyone...

canucks fan living in carolina. i've read thru the thread so i'm up to speed on where/what tickets to get..

just need advice on parking? should i get a parking pass on stubhub?

do i need a pass?

thanks in advance.

carolinacanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Parking is $15

So use that as your guide.

Lethargic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2015, 10:21 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

There are also other free parking options in the area that require a slightly longer walk (ie parking at Cardinal Gibbons or off of Wade Park Blvd) - that said I'd rather park in the arena lot knowing that I have zero chance of having my car towed.