HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sit Sykora!

Old
01-04-2007, 09:54 PM
21Gator*

vCash: 500
Sit Sykora!

Sykora needs to sit for a game or two. Whether to rest up or just see the game form the PB.

Since Hemsky went down he has been either lazy or injured.

Watch him light it up in the third on me.

21Gator* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 10:59 PM
westcory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Gator View Post
Sykora needs to sit for a game or two. Whether to rest up or just see the game form the PB.

He hasn't been too good with the puck but we have a bunch of players turning over the puck.

westcory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 11:01 PM
HOF

Sit Smith. That captain can't make a pass, never mind complete one.

His best passes are 4 feet away from him. He's awful.

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 11:03 PM
21Gator*

If we could afford to sit a Dman, i would give the honour to Greene tonight.

Old
01-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:

Sykie did not look very good tonight and he still gets 2 points in the game. Strange.

I thought Nedved did not look very amazing. He loses his man a lot defensively. He did show a lot more effort than most of the recent games I have seen him play for the Flyers and Yotes though. Hopefully he keeps that up. At least he was in the right place at the right time for that wide open net tap in.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 11:19 PM
21Gator*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg gggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Old
01-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Mielke83

I honestly wouldnt shed a tear if Sykora didnt resign. I think that he doesnt bring much to the team. Now I know he's our leading Point getter and everything but without Hemsky he's not really that good of a player. He's not a good skater at all, doesnt hit, he's soft on the puck, turns it over alot, lazy. He's good at gettin open in the Slot and thinkin the game. And I know that leads to goals but I'm almost gettin tired of watchin him play. I'd rather us let him walk and sign Nedved. Nedved-Hemsky would probly be just as good.

Mielke83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 11:55 PM
21Gator*

That high risk, no reward play may have killed this season. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I think Pheonix has a better shot at making the playoffs over us. If we can't beat divisional teams, we are done.

Old
01-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot_Scorer View Post
Sit Smith. That captain can't make a pass, never mind complete one.

His best passes are 4 feet away from him. He's awful.
Somehow I dont think sitting Smith could possibly do any good right now. Sitting wont make his passes better and he is the only vet defenseman the oilers have right now.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mielke83 View Post
I honestly wouldnt shed a tear if Sykora didnt resign. I think that he doesnt bring much to the team. Now I know he's our leading Point getter and everything but without Hemsky he's not really that good of a player. He's not a good skater at all, doesnt hit, he's soft on the puck, turns it over alot, lazy. He's good at gettin open in the Slot and thinkin the game. And I know that leads to goals but I'm almost gettin tired of watchin him play. I'd rather us let him walk and sign Nedved. Nedved-Hemsky would probly be just as good.
I agree, Sykora's stats are no question inflated. However, he's a good linemate for Hemsky because like you mentioned, he's good at getting open in the slot for his one timer and he can certainly shoot it well. I don't expect him to resign here next year nor am I hoping for it (unless he gives us a discount for some reason). He'll likely end up with about 70 points and turn it into a pretty fat contract elsewhere methinks.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:09 AM
mvprimate

Quote:
If we could afford to sit a Dman, i would give the honour to Greene tonight.
You are absolutely crazy. Greene was much better than his partner smid tonight, not to mention Roy who got completely burned multiple times. I would also say he played much better in his own zone than bergeron and made much nicer passes than smith.

mvprimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

It is obvious that Roy isnt strong enough defensively quite yet. I am very happy with his play in the offensive zone but back there with Bergy playing defense scared the crap outta me!

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:26 AM
GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvprimate View Post
You are absolutely crazy. Greene was much better than his partner smid tonight, not to mention Roy who got completely burned multiple times. I would also say he played much better in his own zone than bergeron and made much nicer passes than smith.
AGREED ON ALL COUNTS.

Matt Greene is the LAST guy anyone should be dumping on, he's solid.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:27 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoll 16 View Post
I agree, Sykora's stats are no question inflated. However, he's a good linemate for Hemsky because like you mentioned, he's good at getting open in the slot for his one timer and he can certainly shoot it well. I don't expect him to resign here next year nor am I hoping for it (unless he gives us a discount for some reason). He'll likely end up with about 70 points and turn it into a pretty fat contract elsewhere methinks.
Thats fine with me. The smartest thing Lowe did was sign Sykora to a one year deal.
The guy simply doesn't bring it every night. Thats been his track record for quite a while now and if he can get more than 3M next year somewhere else...c'est la vie.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:41 AM
21Gator*

Quote:
read the date of the post genius.

Old
01-14-2007, 01:43 AM
mvprimate

Quote:
read the date of the post genius.
Haha, fair enough.

mvprimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 01:44 AM
21Gator*

Quote:
Haha, fair enough.
I agree Greene was very solid tonight.

Old
01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Mielke83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoll 16 View Post
Ya let him walk for sure.

Mielke83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Ubiquitin

There ARE reasons to think he may take another discount, he did say he loves playing in edmonton and with hemsky. Now with Nedved in an all Czech line and some real developing chemistry, he may just have more of an incentive. Is this enough?, probably not, but as has been said, Lowe made a smart move signing him to a one year.

NICE avatar Mielke83!

Ubiquitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
BleedingOil

Quote:

BleedingOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Pressure
#fireEakins Team

I just don't understand our fascination with grinders in this city. We claim he doesn't bring it every night, but in reality he does, he just can't bring it like a Pisani or Moreau defensively. The guy was brought here to play offense. There are other players on his line that should be playing back more, however due to our lack of scoring they included the Czech line for the soft mins pounding.

Look, we may be a blue collar city, work our ***** off every day and expect our favorite team to do the same, but we have to understand the strengths and needs of that same team. We cannot have a team full of grinders. I dare even say that we are absurdly close to that right now. This is a new NHL where skill is predominantly placed higher than grinding, as evidenced.

Horcoff, Pisani, Stoll, Smyth, Torres, Moreau, Winchester, MAP, Jacques...all grinders.

Thorenson, Reasoner...checkers

Sykora, Hemsky, Nedved, and apparently Lupul are more skilled players...

We need more skill. I'm quite biased though being an offensive type person in all my sports...

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 11:48 PM
21Gator*

Sit Him Already!

Old
01-28-2007, 12:21 AM
t0mf00lery

Or trade him.