HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Flyer Fans' Forsberg Trade Proposals

Old
01-27-2007, 05:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Are you going on the record saying that if Forsberg is traded to a team who makes the playoffs, that he won't miss a single game?
Forsberg doesn't miss playoff games. Aside from his spleen incident, he's only missed 5, and that's not bad.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Certainly isn't cheese wiz I can tell you that...lol
Cheeze whizz is basically the most important human discovery since fire or the wheel. Totally necessary for modern survival. Never underestimate its impact on the way we live today.
And no - I am not joking.
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Sangs is great, he's got 20 goals this season already. That's insane. He leads all defenders in goals in the OHL, and just got selected along with two of my other favorite prospects Tommy Pyatt and Marc Staal for the OHL All-Star game. It really is great to see that we have prospects that are doing this well after all of those years of drafting debacles.

I'd just like to know if I'm the only one who thinks that Callahan has an outside shot of being a 30 goal second liner... I mean after seeing him score 52 for Guelph last year - I know, overage year - and then with the way he's been playing in Hartford this year - on pace to score 40-50 goals - could this guy be a legitimate scoring threat at the NHL level? If so, he would be going a long, long, way from when he was drafted in terms of offensive output.

Really, I hope this team rebuilds so we can add more prospects like these guys. This team needs a cornerstone center at the least. I'm not saying necessarily a franchise guy, but someone who will put up solid 1st line numbers, and a guy like John Tavares would be nice...
You'd have to tank 2 years from now to get Tavares at first overall. There's no way any team trades the first overall pick, much like when it was Crosby's year. Tavares just scores a ton of goals. He's ridiculous.

Callahan is quickly becoming (or always has been) one of those diamond in the rough players. When you think Henrik Zetterberg was drafted in what, the 6th round? It's certainly possible for players taken further down the list to develop late and really become something good. I never expected Cally to have the start he's had in the AHL. I thought he'd be a good second line player with Hartford, get his feet wet and chip in on that second unit. I had no idea he'd be leading the team and would be 2nd or 3rd in league goal scoring.

At this point, it seems like there's no quit in this kid. It looks like a 2nd line 30-goal scoring NHLer isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
You want Cally? No problem, as long as either Richards or Carter could find their way into a Ranger uniform.
Mike Richards is in the same mould as Cally, except with a little less goal scoring touch (two years ago I never dreamed I could say such a thing). My dream line would be Richards-Downie-Callahan. All hustle, no quit, all balls and some vastly underrated scoring abilities. Richards would wear the C, Downie and Cally would wear the A's. That's all the leadership a team needs.

I might piss off a lot of Flyers fans, but I love Cally so much I'd consider moving Carter to get him. Gutsy statement, probably, but as I mentioned before in this thread, Cally is close to my heart, there's not much I wouldn't do to have him wearing the O&B.

Old
01-28-2007, 01:20 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
You'd have to tank 2 years from now to get Tavares at first overall. There's no way any team trades the first overall pick, much like when it was Crosby's year. Tavares just scores a ton of goals. He's ridiculous.
When I heard that he scored 45 goals as a 15 year old for Oshawa last year, I knew right away that this guy was going to be one of those special players. You just don't come into a league that's dominated by 18-20 year olds, and score 45 goals as a 15-year old rookie. That's unreal.

As for the tanking part, I've been keeping track on when he'll be in the draft, and yes, 09 looks like a losing year for the Rangers... hopefully. This guy has the talent to turn any team around.

Quote:
Callahan is quickly becoming (or always has been) one of those diamond in the rough players. When you think Henrik Zetterberg was drafted in what, the 6th round? It's certainly possible for players taken further down the list to develop late and really become something good. I never expected Cally to have the start he's had in the AHL. I thought he'd be a good second line player with Hartford, get his feet wet and chip in on that second unit. I had no idea he'd be leading the team and would be 2nd or 3rd in league goal scoring.

At this point, it seems like there's no quit in this kid. It looks like a 2nd line 30-goal scoring NHLer isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Exactly, you just don't know. Another 6th rounder... Brett Hull. Yeah... that guy was decent. I just can't believe it. I always thought Cally could be Captain material. A 3rd line two way player who could be a team captain, one of those vital guys on a cup winner. But never did I think he'd score as many goals as he has. And yeah, from what I saw in the thread, he scored a Hatty tonight, including the OT winner against Houston. You're right, there's no quit in him. He's got almost 27 goals now, the kid is unreal. It's great though, because it's such a boost to this system to have a bloomer like him.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 01:25 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Mike Richards is in the same mould as Cally, except with a little less goal scoring touch (two years ago I never dreamed I could say such a thing). My dream line would be Richards-Downie-Callahan. All hustle, no quit, all balls and some vastly underrated scoring abilities. Richards would wear the C, Downie and Cally would wear the A's. That's all the leadership a team needs.

I might piss off a lot of Flyers fans, but I love Cally so much I'd consider moving Carter to get him. Gutsy statement, probably, but as I mentioned before in this thread, Cally is close to my heart, there's not much I wouldn't do to have him wearing the O&B.
WOW, Carter.

Now there's a player I wanted the Rangers to draft in 03. I love Callahan as well, and he's another player that I'd consider untouchable at this point. The Rangers have lacked a player like this in the system for a long time, and I hope they don't deal him. Knowing the Rangers front office, he'll end up being traded to Philly along with a 1st for Forsberg. I just hope that's not the case.

Old
01-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
WOW, Carter.

Now there's a player I wanted the Rangers to draft in 03. I love Callahan as well, and he's another player that I'd consider untouchable at this point. The Rangers have lacked a player like this in the system for a long time, and I hope they don't deal him. Knowing the Rangers front office, he'll end up being traded to Philly along with a 1st for Forsberg. I just hope that's not the case.
I don't even think the Flyers would be interested in a forward prospect in a trade for Forsberg. They need defensive and goaltending depth in the prospect department more than forwards. Not that I would object to getting a great forward talent in return, but I do hope they're asking for the right things when these teams come calling.

Old
01-28-2007, 12:51 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I don't even think the Flyers would be interested in a forward prospect in a trade for Forsberg. They need defensive and goaltending depth in the prospect department more than forwards. Not that I would object to getting a great forward talent in return, but I do hope they're asking for the right things when these teams come calling.
I don't think the Rangers are going to give up a great prospect talent at either forward or defense.

Staal is untouchable. We both know Callahan probably won't be moved with the season he's having (At least I hope not ). Sanguinetti is having an excellent year in the OHL. Pyatt, along with Staal and Sangs just got named to the OHL all-star team. Nigel Dawes is one of their NHL ready prospects. They're REALLY HIGH on Dubinsky, so I don't expect him to go anywhere.

I think you guys could get Immonen and a 1st rounder.

Personally, I'd rather wait until the offseason and sign him for a year then. I wouldn't mind getting him then if I knew that his foot was going to be alright for at least a year, then you can handle him like they've handled Straka for the last 2 years, on a year-to-year basis contractually. Foppa might have a little more pride and be different though, who knows.

Old
01-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
I don't think the Rangers are going to give up a great prospect talent at either forward or defense.

Staal is untouchable. We both know Callahan probably won't be moved with the season he's having (At least I hope not ). Sanguinetti is having an excellent year in the OHL. Pyatt, along with Staal and Sangs just got named to the OHL all-star team. Nigel Dawes is one of their NHL ready prospects. They're REALLY HIGH on Dubinsky, so I don't expect him to go anywhere.

I think you guys could get Immonen and a 1st rounder.

Personally, I'd rather wait until the offseason and sign him for a year then. I wouldn't mind getting him then if I knew that his foot was going to be alright for at least a year, then you can handle him like they've handled Straka for the last 2 years, on a year-to-year basis contractually. Foppa might have a little more pride and be different though, who knows.
I just don't think the Rangers are in a position to trade for him anyway. I think the media throws out teams to create a buzz, get people to read their papers. I mean who's going to get excited about the Forsberg sweepstakes if Nashville is the lead horse? Throw out Detroit (utter BS), his old team, the Rangers, people will listen and get excited.

You're right about the Rangers prospects, they aren't being moved.

Also, people seem to forget quite frequently about the NTC and that Forsberg will only go to a serious contender, not a team struggling to make the playoffs (as of right now the Rangers are in 9th, as is Colorado). He wants to win the cup, not bail on his team to lose in the first or second round or maybe not even make the playoffs at all.

After yesterday, it sounds like his foot isn't any better anyway and so he probably won't accept a deal anywhere.

Old
01-28-2007, 02:05 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..
Absolytely true. The value for Forsberg is going to be high in an free-trade market. The only way that the Flyers are not going to get what they want is if Forsberg invokes his no-trade clause and limits his trade market to one or two teams. At that point, the opposing team will wield the hammer.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:54 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I just don't think the Rangers are in a position to trade for him anyway. I think the media throws out teams to create a buzz, get people to read their papers. I mean who's going to get excited about the Forsberg sweepstakes if Nashville is the lead horse? Throw out Detroit (utter BS), his old team, the Rangers, people will listen and get excited.
I agree. I don't think Philly will trade him to a HATED divisional rival... the Rangers are ALWAYS thrown out there, it's like throwing the Yankees name around during UFA season for the MLB... it hikes up their value. I don't see Philly wanting to help out the Rangers, or the Devils... I mean who the hell suggested the Devils? And Detroit is a good one, yeah. He'll go there alright, and he'll spit on the Avalanche franchise while he's at it. Unreal...

Quote:
You're right about the Rangers prospects, they aren't being moved.

Also, people seem to forget quite frequently about the NTC and that Forsberg will only go to a serious contender, not a team struggling to make the playoffs (as of right now the Rangers are in 9th, as is Colorado). He wants to win the cup, not bail on his team to lose in the first or second round or maybe not even make the playoffs at all.

After yesterday, it sounds like his foot isn't any better anyway and so he probably won't accept a deal anywhere.
I could see him waiving it to go back to Colorado, as he loved it there, and is still good friends with Joe Sakic, from what I've heard. I agree that overall, he will go to a team that has a legitimate shot at winning the cup. That's why if he goes anywhere, I think he goes to Atlanta. Atlanta fits like a glove. They're a contender as it is, and they need that 1st line center to help put them over the top. They've got a decent defense, and they've got a STELLAR goaltender in Kari Lehtonen.

Old
01-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
I agree. I don't think Philly will trade him to a HATED divisional rival... the Rangers are ALWAYS thrown out there, it's like throwing the Yankees name around during UFA season for the MLB... it hikes up their value. I don't see Philly wanting to help out the Rangers, or the Devils... I mean who the hell suggested the Devils? And Detroit is a good one, yeah. He'll go there alright, and he'll spit on the Avalanche franchise while he's at it. Unreal...
Agreed. The only thing that's surprising about these rumours is that the Leafs haven't been mentioned as a destination.

Quote:
I could see him waiving it to go back to Colorado, as he loved it there, and is still good friends with Joe Sakic, from what I've heard. I agree that overall, he will go to a team that has a legitimate shot at winning the cup. That's why if he goes anywhere, I think he goes to Atlanta. Atlanta fits like a glove. They're a contender as it is, and they need that 1st line center to help put them over the top. They've got a decent defense, and they've got a STELLAR goaltender in Kari Lehtonen.
I could see him going to Colorado long-term, definitely not in a rental scenario (as we've discussed, they're not in a position to be renting top players anyway). After watching Atlanta this afternoon, you're right about that. They need that top centre in a bad way. I'm not sure of their prospect depth though, what they would have to trade away.

Old
01-28-2007, 06:17 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I don't even want Forsberg. This trade talk with him has to stop. Flyer fans are inflating his value way too much. Who is gonna spend a ton on a guy who is ALWAYS hurt and is on the down side of his career anyway?
The Rangers thats who.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote