HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers 2014 Draft(ees) June 27-28th

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Excited to come home and watch the replay of it. Hopefully FLeury doesn't let me down.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I'm interested in seeing Leon Draisaitl tonight. I want see him play with more talent than what I've been seeing of him during the WJC's these last two years with Germany.

Also interested in the hometown kid Anthony DeAngelo, disappointed I couldn't see him at the WJC's this year.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Well, I'm at least able to watch the first period.

Fleury looks good, I am concentrating on him. Physical play early and made a nice defensive play on a pass through the slot.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Ryan MacInnis (Al's son) has looked good so far for the Red team.

Reinhart has probably looked the best out of all the top guys.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Ryan MacInnis (Al's son) has looked good so far for the Red team.
Also Goldobin. He is a shifty player. Has looked very creative in the offensive zone.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

How is Draisailt looking? McKeown?

Old
01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
How is Draisailt looking? McKeown?
Draisailt has been on the offensive a little bit. I haven't really noticed McKoewn.

Ekblad just had a dreadful turnover that almost turned into a goal.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
How is Draisailt looking?
Draisaitl has been quiet so far.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:53 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Also Goldobin. He is a shifty player. Has looked very creative in the offensive zone.
I've liked all the Russians so far. Scherbak especially.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I've liked all the Russians so far. Scherbak especially.
Huge feet. Size 13 skates.. that's crazy

McCann looked pretty good too. He had a few chances. Ehlers as well, even though he is on the fourth line.

Middleton and someone had a fight and are out for the rest of the game because they removed their helmets... ( report on twitter was wrong, they got 10 mins on top of the 5)

Last edited by Prongo: 01-15-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old
01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Both goalies have been sharp so far. I'm looking forward to Nedeljkovic getting in here though.

Old
01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

One problem I saw with Reinhart was he was easily rubbed off the puck twice entering the zone. It wasn't even that hard of a hit, he just stopped skating through the check.

Old
01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Ekblad really hasn't looked that good but neither have any of the other top guns though.

Old
01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Too bad we likely won't be bad enough to draft Dal Colle, he can really shoot the puck.

Old
01-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Huge feet. Size 13 skates.. that's crazy

McCann looked pretty good too. He had a few chances. Ehlers as well, even though he is on the fourth line.

Middleton and someone had a fight and are out for the rest of the game because they removed their helmets... ( report on twitter was wrong, they got 10 mins on top of the 5)
Ditto for me on Scherbak, his speed was impressive, as was Goldobin's shiftiness. Dal Colle is good too. On D, Fleury looked really good. Ekblad is a beast and Reinhart is really smooth and smart.

Old
01-15-2014, 11:50 PM
PhilaFlyers

Other good links:
www.FutureConsiderations.ca

www.hockeyprospect.com

Old
01-16-2014, 09:18 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Well last nights game really was a good showing of why #1 overall this year will be a toss up. While Reinhart, Ekblad, & Dal Colle had good games nobody really separated themselves from the pack.

Old
01-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Roman Reigns
One Versus All

Quote:
One problem I saw with Reinhart was he was easily rubbed off the puck twice entering the zone. It wasn't even that hard of a hit, he just stopped skating through the check.
He reminds me of Brayden Schenn in that way.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Ditto for me on Scherbak, his speed was impressive, as was Goldobin's shiftiness. Dal Colle is good too. On D, Fleury looked really good. Ekblad is a beast and Reinhart is really smooth and smart.
Watching the third period now, and Scherbak reminds me of Jake Voracek. His skating and explosive speed when out there he looks just like him. Goldobin is one that I was very impressed with, not only offensively, but he was also in place defensively. He is quick and shifty. All three Russians impressed me big time.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:19 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Really wish Kapanen could of played (he's in Europe, so I know he couldn't). Would of been awesome to see how he would of done.

Old
01-16-2014, 02:17 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Watching the third period now, and Scherbak reminds me of Jake Voracek. His skating and explosive speed when out there he looks just like him. Goldobin is one that I was very impressed with, not only offensively, but he was also in place defensively. He is quick and shifty. All three Russians impressed me big time.
Flyers stay away from now on?

Old
01-16-2014, 02:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Flyers stay away from now on?
Well all three came overseas to play in Goldobin's & Barbashev's cases they were here last year as well so it looks like they're committed.

Scherbak had pretty similar path Valentine Zykov from last year, unknown Russian import not on anybody's radar who went to a small CHL franchise & started lighting it up.

Goldobin's is one of Igor Larinov's clients, Larinov's basically been plucking kids out of Russian & setting them up here in NA whether it be the CHL or USHL even sometimes in leagues for 14/15 year olds in Canada or the US. Sarina out of the OHL the team he plays for has been a big recipient of Larinov's Russians (Yakupov & Galchenyuk were his too).

Barbashev was one of the top kids in the Russian system over there & while he went to one of the bigger teams in the Q in Moncton he could have stayed in Russia & probably would have been playing in the KHL this year. He's close friends with Vladmir Trachev (kid who dangled Morin in the Super Series) & got him to come over to Moncton as well over the Christmas break.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I was the Flyers, these kids seem to be pretty solid in their commitment towards the NHL & NA for now but who knows things can change over the years. Personally I wouldn't shy away from the kids who at least come over here to play but I would be a little hesitant of the kids still playing over there unless they're slam dunk prospects.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 01-16-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old
01-17-2014, 08:50 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Talked with a couple of the scouting friends last night and they mentioned that the Flyers hold three defensemen in this upcoming draft in high esteem - Haydn Fleury, Jack Glover and Roland McKeown. The Flyers absolutely love Fleury and would love to move up to get him. They're convinced Fleury is a top five guy and that he has just as much upside as Ekblad does. The problem though is that moving into the top five is going to cost them a roster player (Brayden Schenn's name has come up), a prospect (Scott Laughton or Sam Morin) a first this year and first next year. The Flyers think this is too steep a cost to move into the top five. They'll try all they can to move up, but at the end of the day, if the cost is too high, they'll stick where they are.

The other thing that came up was just how heavy the Flyers are scouting and drafting defense as of late. One of the things that the scouts mentioned as that while the Flyers don't mandate drafting by position or need, there has been an organization shift in terms of draft emphasis and that the Flyers really want to build a deep and elite group of defensive prospects. From what the guys were saying, the Flyers would like to be 10 to 12 deep in high end defensemen prospects and that right now, while they're very pleased with the group they have, they want at least three or four more high end defenders.

Old
01-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Prongo
Beer

I don't think Fleury goes top 5. I see him in the range of 7-12 in the draft.

If that really is the asking price, there is no team that would pay that. That package is more than teams will pay for stars in the league, let alone prospects.

Jack Glover could probably be a 2nd round pick also. Flyers are going to have to start getting some forward prospects though.

Last edited by Prongo: 01-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old
01-17-2014, 08:57 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Talked with a couple of the scouting friends last night and they mentioned that the Flyers hold three defensemen in this upcoming draft in high esteem - Haydn Fleury, Jack Glover and Roland McKeown. The Flyers absolutely love Fleury and would love to move up to get him. They're convinced Fleury is a top five guy and that he has just as much upside as Ekblad does. The problem though is that moving into the top five is going to cost them a roster player (Brayden Schenn's name has come up), a prospect (Scott Laughton or Sam Morin) a first this year and first next year. The Flyers think this is too steep a cost to move into the top five. They'll try all they can to move up, but at the end of the day, if the cost is too high, they'll stick where they are.

The other thing that came up was just how heavy the Flyers are scouting and drafting defense as of late. One of the things that the scouts mentioned as that while the Flyers don't mandate drafting by position or need, there has been an organization shift in terms of draft emphasis and that the Flyers really want to build a deep and elite group of defensive prospects. From what the guys were saying, the Flyers would like to be 10 to 12 deep in high end defensemen prospects and that right now, while they're very pleased with the group they have, they want at least three or four more high end defenders.
1. A top 5 pick won't cost you a top5 pick from 5 years ago who developped into a 50 point forward, a top prospect and two firsts.
You could get something like Weber for that kind of deal.

2. Very liberal use of the word high-end. No one has 12 high-end defense prospects. Not even 12 high-end prospects, period.

Closed Thread