HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers 2014 Draft(ees) June 27-28th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
  #51
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Excited to come home and watch the replay of it. Hopefully FLeury doesn't let me down.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:14 PM
  #52
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
I'm interested in seeing Leon Draisaitl tonight. I want see him play with more talent than what I've been seeing of him during the WJC's these last two years with Germany.

Also interested in the hometown kid Anthony DeAngelo, disappointed I couldn't see him at the WJC's this year.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:37 PM
  #53
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Well, I'm at least able to watch the first period.

Fleury looks good, I am concentrating on him. Physical play early and made a nice defensive play on a pass through the slot.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:44 PM
  #54
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Ryan MacInnis (Al's son) has looked good so far for the Red team.

Reinhart has probably looked the best out of all the top guys.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:45 PM
  #55
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Ryan MacInnis (Al's son) has looked good so far for the Red team.
Also Goldobin. He is a shifty player. Has looked very creative in the offensive zone.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:47 PM
  #56
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,583
vCash: 500
How is Draisailt looking? McKeown?

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
  #57
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
How is Draisailt looking? McKeown?
Draisailt has been on the offensive a little bit. I haven't really noticed McKoewn.

Ekblad just had a dreadful turnover that almost turned into a goal.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
  #58
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
How is Draisailt looking?
Draisaitl has been quiet so far.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:53 PM
  #59
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Also Goldobin. He is a shifty player. Has looked very creative in the offensive zone.
I've liked all the Russians so far. Scherbak especially.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:58 PM
  #60
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I've liked all the Russians so far. Scherbak especially.
Huge feet. Size 13 skates.. that's crazy

McCann looked pretty good too. He had a few chances. Ehlers as well, even though he is on the fourth line.

Middleton and someone had a fight and are out for the rest of the game because they removed their helmets... ( report on twitter was wrong, they got 10 mins on top of the 5)


Last edited by Prongo: 01-15-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Prongo is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
  #61
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Both goalies have been sharp so far. I'm looking forward to Nedeljkovic getting in here though.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
  #62
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
One problem I saw with Reinhart was he was easily rubbed off the puck twice entering the zone. It wasn't even that hard of a hit, he just stopped skating through the check.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
  #63
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Ekblad really hasn't looked that good but neither have any of the other top guns though.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
  #64
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Too bad we likely won't be bad enough to draft Dal Colle, he can really shoot the puck.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 11:41 PM
  #65
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Huge feet. Size 13 skates.. that's crazy

McCann looked pretty good too. He had a few chances. Ehlers as well, even though he is on the fourth line.

Middleton and someone had a fight and are out for the rest of the game because they removed their helmets... ( report on twitter was wrong, they got 10 mins on top of the 5)
Ditto for me on Scherbak, his speed was impressive, as was Goldobin's shiftiness. Dal Colle is good too. On D, Fleury looked really good. Ekblad is a beast and Reinhart is really smooth and smart.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 11:50 PM
  #66
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,360
vCash: 500
Other good links:
www.FutureConsiderations.ca

www.hockeyprospect.com

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 09:18 AM
  #67
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Well last nights game really was a good showing of why #1 overall this year will be a toss up. While Reinhart, Ekblad, & Dal Colle had good games nobody really separated themselves from the pack.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-16-2014, 09:31 AM
  #68
Roman Reigns
One Versus All
 
Roman Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
One problem I saw with Reinhart was he was easily rubbed off the puck twice entering the zone. It wasn't even that hard of a hit, he just stopped skating through the check.
He reminds me of Brayden Schenn in that way.

Roman Reigns is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 10:17 AM
  #69
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Ditto for me on Scherbak, his speed was impressive, as was Goldobin's shiftiness. Dal Colle is good too. On D, Fleury looked really good. Ekblad is a beast and Reinhart is really smooth and smart.
Watching the third period now, and Scherbak reminds me of Jake Voracek. His skating and explosive speed when out there he looks just like him. Goldobin is one that I was very impressed with, not only offensively, but he was also in place defensively. He is quick and shifty. All three Russians impressed me big time.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 10:19 AM
  #70
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,583
vCash: 500
Really wish Kapanen could of played (he's in Europe, so I know he couldn't). Would of been awesome to see how he would of done.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 02:17 PM
  #71
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Watching the third period now, and Scherbak reminds me of Jake Voracek. His skating and explosive speed when out there he looks just like him. Goldobin is one that I was very impressed with, not only offensively, but he was also in place defensively. He is quick and shifty. All three Russians impressed me big time.
Flyers stay away from now on?

dingbathero is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 02:37 PM
  #72
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Flyers stay away from now on?
Well all three came overseas to play in Goldobin's & Barbashev's cases they were here last year as well so it looks like they're committed.

Scherbak had pretty similar path Valentine Zykov from last year, unknown Russian import not on anybody's radar who went to a small CHL franchise & started lighting it up.

Goldobin's is one of Igor Larinov's clients, Larinov's basically been plucking kids out of Russian & setting them up here in NA whether it be the CHL or USHL even sometimes in leagues for 14/15 year olds in Canada or the US. Sarina out of the OHL the team he plays for has been a big recipient of Larinov's Russians (Yakupov & Galchenyuk were his too).

Barbashev was one of the top kids in the Russian system over there & while he went to one of the bigger teams in the Q in Moncton he could have stayed in Russia & probably would have been playing in the KHL this year. He's close friends with Vladmir Trachev (kid who dangled Morin in the Super Series) & got him to come over to Moncton as well over the Christmas break.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I was the Flyers, these kids seem to be pretty solid in their commitment towards the NHL & NA for now but who knows things can change over the years. Personally I wouldn't shy away from the kids who at least come over here to play but I would be a little hesitant of the kids still playing over there unless they're slam dunk prospects.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 01-16-2014 at 05:17 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
01-17-2014, 08:50 AM
  #73
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
Talked with a couple of the scouting friends last night and they mentioned that the Flyers hold three defensemen in this upcoming draft in high esteem - Haydn Fleury, Jack Glover and Roland McKeown. The Flyers absolutely love Fleury and would love to move up to get him. They're convinced Fleury is a top five guy and that he has just as much upside as Ekblad does. The problem though is that moving into the top five is going to cost them a roster player (Brayden Schenn's name has come up), a prospect (Scott Laughton or Sam Morin) a first this year and first next year. The Flyers think this is too steep a cost to move into the top five. They'll try all they can to move up, but at the end of the day, if the cost is too high, they'll stick where they are.

The other thing that came up was just how heavy the Flyers are scouting and drafting defense as of late. One of the things that the scouts mentioned as that while the Flyers don't mandate drafting by position or need, there has been an organization shift in terms of draft emphasis and that the Flyers really want to build a deep and elite group of defensive prospects. From what the guys were saying, the Flyers would like to be 10 to 12 deep in high end defensemen prospects and that right now, while they're very pleased with the group they have, they want at least three or four more high end defenders.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now  
Old
01-17-2014, 08:54 AM
  #74
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
I don't think Fleury goes top 5. I see him in the range of 7-12 in the draft.

If that really is the asking price, there is no team that would pay that. That package is more than teams will pay for stars in the league, let alone prospects.

Jack Glover could probably be a 2nd round pick also. Flyers are going to have to start getting some forward prospects though.


Last edited by Prongo: 01-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Prongo is offline  
Old
01-17-2014, 08:57 AM
  #75
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Talked with a couple of the scouting friends last night and they mentioned that the Flyers hold three defensemen in this upcoming draft in high esteem - Haydn Fleury, Jack Glover and Roland McKeown. The Flyers absolutely love Fleury and would love to move up to get him. They're convinced Fleury is a top five guy and that he has just as much upside as Ekblad does. The problem though is that moving into the top five is going to cost them a roster player (Brayden Schenn's name has come up), a prospect (Scott Laughton or Sam Morin) a first this year and first next year. The Flyers think this is too steep a cost to move into the top five. They'll try all they can to move up, but at the end of the day, if the cost is too high, they'll stick where they are.

The other thing that came up was just how heavy the Flyers are scouting and drafting defense as of late. One of the things that the scouts mentioned as that while the Flyers don't mandate drafting by position or need, there has been an organization shift in terms of draft emphasis and that the Flyers really want to build a deep and elite group of defensive prospects. From what the guys were saying, the Flyers would like to be 10 to 12 deep in high end defensemen prospects and that right now, while they're very pleased with the group they have, they want at least three or four more high end defenders.
1. A top 5 pick won't cost you a top5 pick from 5 years ago who developped into a 50 point forward, a top prospect and two firsts.
You could get something like Weber for that kind of deal.

2. Very liberal use of the word high-end. No one has 12 high-end defense prospects. Not even 12 high-end prospects, period.

dookie88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.