HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Moulson on LA's Radar

Old
01-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
LA
Moulson
Salomaki

Obvious, decent prospect.

Nash
Martinez
Adam

Martinez opposite Klein, Adam a scoring prospect

Buffalo
LA 1st
Mazanec

1st, decent young goalie.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Uh no. It's because the Sabres barely average 1.5 goals a game not because he doesn't have Tavares.
Uh that's exactly what he said.

Fly Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 11:57 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
There was a boat load of GM's at last night's game and my guess would be most were there to watch Moulson. I think he's going to get a better return than people think.
For. He won't get as much as Pominville but he'll get a first and a bit more. I don't even get why anyone thinks otherwise. A second rounder? Really? That's all. Every team in the hunt would be on speed dial fir something like that or its equivalent.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I would like to know the difference between ''then'' and ''than''.

Then is a timeline reference...

Back then, when we were kids, we used to play in the park
We are going to the restaurant, then we will go see a movie.
You need to finish your homework Only then, can go out and play with your friends.

Than is a comparison reference usually in reference to size or quality.

greater than
less than
Stamkos is better than Stepan
player A trade value is more than player B

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Znith

Moulson would be a good fit in LA's top 6. They are missing that 6th guy, with Kopitar/Carter/Richards/Brown/Williams...i would think that Moulson could slot into the 1st line with Koptiar/brown or 2nd line with Richards/Carter pretty effectively.

Znith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
For. He won't get as much as Pominville but he'll get a first and a bit more. I don't even get why anyone thinks otherwise. A second rounder? Really? That's all. Every team in the hunt would be on speed dial fir something like that or its equivalent.
I'm quite getting the question here. He may get as good as a return for Pommers, but he probably won't. It matters on how many teams are interested would be my guess. But if 15 GM's were at the game against the Leafs, my guess is there are a lot of teams interested in Moulson. There for, the return may be better than even some Sabre fans are hoping for.

I mentioned in a different post about a 2nd and Toffoli not just a 2nd. I don't know if that's what you were referring to. I mentioned that because now your talking a great prospect and a 2nd. All the 1st and a meh prospect won't get Moulson I don't think. The 1st is going to be very late 1st in a bad draft. Last year this might have worked, this year, I doubt it. So if LA wanted to avoid a biding war, and wanted to get Moulson now to gel with the team earlier, Toffoli, and a 2nd would probably be the price.

Not to mention, everyone know's Moulson has ties in LA and would more than likely want to stay so the " he's just a rental" holds less value. Chances are, if he goes to LA he'll stay in LA. The LA's GM would probably be pretty confident that he'd stay to make any kind of deal anyway. So it's a trade off of having a impact player for the next 4-5 years or waiting to see if Toffoli becomes an impact player of Moulson's caliber in 3 or 4 years.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 02:18 PM
cybresabre
Zemgus!

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Not to mention, everyone know's Moulson has ties in LA and would more than likely want to stay so the " he's just a rental" holds less value. Chances are, if he goes to LA he'll stay in LA. The LA's GM would probably be pretty confident that he'd stay to make any kind of deal anyway. So it's a trade off of having a impact player for the next 4-5 years or waiting to see if Toffoli becomes an impact player of Moulson's caliber in 3 or 4 years.
I don't know how much weight that holds. If we're going to assume he loves LA enough to re-sign, we'd also have to assume he'd sign in LA anyway. That said, trading for him would give LA the head start and it would eliminate the possibility that Matt plays for four teams (NYI, BUF, rental team, free agent team) within a calendar year.

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 02:30 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
I don't know how much weight that holds. If we're going to assume he loves LA enough to re-sign, we'd also have to assume he'd sign in LA anyway. That said, trading for him would give LA the head start and it would eliminate the possibility that Matt plays for four teams (NYI, BUF, rental team, free agent team) within a calendar year.
Which is very true. LA would have every right to wait and see. But it wouldn't do them any good this year. Plus, once he's there, I feel there's even a greater chance of him staying. If a player likes where he his and gets a fair deal, they usually stay with the incumbent team. Like I said too, LA's GM would probably feel there's a really high chance of Moulson resigning a there before he'd trade anything good for him anyway.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Djp

Quote:
Which is very true. LA would have every right to wait and see. But it wouldn't do them any good this year. Plus, once he's there, I feel there's even a greater chance of him staying. If a player likes where he his and gets a fair deal, they usually stay with the incumbent team. Like I said too, LA's GM would probably feel there's a really high chance of Moulson resigning a there before he'd trade anything good for him anyway.
also if he didnt---he'd be hearing about it in the bedroom too....

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 04:03 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagt01 View Post
There is always a "high physical price to pay" around the net. It's not exclusive to postseason hockey.
Yes there is always a price but it is much bigger price in the playoffs and even I higher price in the western conf in the playoffs as there are many teams that are beast to play against (chi, Stl, SJ, Ana and La are very tough to line up against.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znith View Post
Moulson would be a good fit in LA's top 6. They are missing that 6th guy, with Kopitar/Carter/Richards/Brown/Williams...i would think that Moulson could slot into the 1st line with Koptiar/brown or 2nd line with Richards/Carter pretty effectively.
For the Kings, it's not a top six situation, it's a top nine with a top six on the PP.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 05:53 PM
SFKingshomer

Moulson isn't the speedy winger LA needs.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Anonymous028

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Moulson isn't the speedy winger LA needs.
There is no "speedy winger" who fits in with our system. We need system players to win, not more "speedy wingers"

Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:54 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous028 View Post
There is no "speedy winger" who fits in with our system. We need system players to win, not more "speedy wingers"
I think we need more skill and a guy that can back off the D. Moulson is more of the Smyth mold and I don't think Sutter would like his game.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote