HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline is 30 Days from Today...What Will the Rangers do?

View Poll Results: Big Moves, Little Moves, No Moves?
They'll deal for a big time name. 23 42.59%
They'll deal for some depth. 25 46.30%
They'll stand pat. 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Trade Deadline is 30 Days from Today...What Will the Rangers do?

The trade deadline is February 27 at 3pm...exactly 30 days from right now. What do you think the team will do?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Balej20*

They'll trade every young prospect and every 1st round pick for the next 3 years.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Larry Melnyk

Somewhere inbetween.....they'll trade for a 2nd C, might be a big name, might be a "medium" name ala Stumpel/Smolinski type...

Last edited by Larry Melnyk: 01-28-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:40 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Somewhere inbetween.....they'll trqade for a 2nd C, might be a mig name, migh me a "medium" name ala Tumperl/SMolinskiu type...
Jeez, that was some awful typing...that looks like a train line somewhere in Eastern Europe.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...e=NHLHeadlines

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2743811

I personally think we target younger guys like Brad Stuart/Eric Brewer and Ladislav Nagy as central parts. And then add an experienced vet like Gary Roberts.

Old
01-28-2007, 02:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...e=NHLHeadlines

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2743811

I personally think we target younger guys like Brad Stuart/Eric Brewer and Ladislav Nagy as central parts. And then add an experienced vet like Gary Roberts.
Yeah, read those articles this morning and I agree with you. I hope the team doesn't offer anything for 33+ year olds who MIGHT be able to help the team for a couple of years at best. This team needs to get younger and stronger...not older and more brittle.

Old
01-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Welcome to New York Mr. Forseberg!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, read those articles this morning and I agree with you. I hope the team doesn't offer anything for 33+ year olds who MIGHT be able to help the team for a couple of years at best. This team needs to get younger and stronger...not older and more brittle.
Even at that, I do not really want to see a guy like Nagy on this team. He's pretty soft, and will command high picks and good prospects. I'd rather see us target someone worthwhile IE. Richards/LeCavalier not saying they are available. If we are definately going for an older player above 34, he better be a Conroy/Roberts/Niewendyk who will only cost a pick or so. I most certainly would not mind a deal for a Stuart and Brewer assuming they will re-sign.

How in God's name will we get rid of Cullen if we do get a number two center?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Jeez, that was some awful typing...that looks like a train line somewhere in Eastern Europe.
Damn, it was bad, wasn't it? bad enough to go back and change....but we are still goingto trade for a 2nd C!

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

What does everyone think about Lubo Visnovsky? The Kings are last in their division and might be looking to dump. Conroy, Visnovsky, O'Sullivan for Prucha/1st? would our GM even consider this?

Old
01-28-2007, 03:04 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
What does everyone think about Lubo Visnovsky? The Kings are last in their division and might be looking to dump. Conroy, Visnovsky, O'Sullivan for Prucha/1st? would our GM even consider this?
O'Sullivan is going no where.

Honestly, if I were a gambling man, I'm thinking the Rangers will pick up a center w/ a lower cost (but better than Conroy) in Bryan Smolinski. With all the Hawks/Rangers trade talk, I think Smoke is the player we eventually get.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:06 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Are you talking about all 3? If so, that really is underpayment for Prucha and a mid round 1st haha

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:08 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Damn, it was bad, wasn't it? bad enough to go back and change....but we are still goingto trade for a 2nd C!

So Forsberg is your idea of a 2nd line center?

Old
01-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
Are you talking about all 3? If so, that really is underpayment for Prucha and a mid round 1st haha
really? i'm sure until any deals are made, prucha will be the centerpiece of most of them, but i'm not sure what type of deal LA would require for Visnovsky. I could see us definately being interested in him though. Prucha/Pock for Visnovsky?

Old
01-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Geogaddi

Quote:
If your insisting all 3 for Prucha and a 1st...then tell me where to sign.

L.A would be asking alot more for those 3 in one deal.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Who does everyone see being up for grabs?

I can certainly see Immonen and Pock being moved. Some could make the case for Montoya. Some could make the case for Dawes. We have two deadweight guys in Ozolinsh and Kasparaitis. Granted these two mostly will not garner any interest.

On the big roster, Rachunek may be expendable if a defenseman is brought in and Hall could go if a forward or two are brought in.

The only guy that would honestly bother me by trading him would be Montoya but I'm all ears if he's going for a youthful core player.

My list to improve the team as a playoff push is inevitable:

Immonen, Pock, Dawes, Rachunek, Hall, Kasparaitis, Ozolinsh.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:32 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Who does everyone see being up for grabs?

I can certainly see Immonen and Pock being moved. Some could make the case for Montoya. Some could make the case for Dawes. We have two deadweight guys in Ozolinsh and Kasparaitis. Granted these two mostly will not garner any interest.

On the big roster, Rachunek may be expendable if a defenseman is brought in and Hall could go if a forward or two are brought in.

The only guy that would honestly bother me by trading him would be Montoya but I'm all ears if he's going for a youthful core player.

My list to improve the team as a playoff push is inevitable:

Immonen, Pock, Dawes, Rachunek, Hall, Kasparaitis, Ozolinsh.
You could probably throw in Girardi, too. Yesterday could have just as easily been a showcase. There was some talk last year that some teams had interest in Hollweg, but, I'm not sure if that remains the case.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Edge

I think the Rangers will make a trade for a second line player.

I think they'll probably screw it up by not realizing Cullen is the problem on the second line and attempt to play Cullen with the new guy.

I think Immonen and Pock are def. available.

I don't think Montoya goes anywhere because of the way team's view young AHL goalies, however if he keeps up his play in the AHL I think the Rangers move Weekes.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

I think they'll probably screw it up by not realizing Cullen is the problem on the second line and attempt to play Cullen with the new guy.

I don't think Montoya goes anywhere because of the way team's view young AHL goalies, however if he keeps up his play in the AHL I think the Rangers move Weekes.
You don't think the Rangers keep Weekes and Montoya so Montoya could benefit Hartford and the team keep winning like they are? I could see them being really reluctant to mess with their newfound success.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Renney did put Prucha and Cullen together on the 3rd line. (Now just bring up Callahan to complete that line.) And, the fact that they seem to realize they need a 2nd line center makes me think they've come to the realization that Cullen is a 3rd liner.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Havlat in Chicago a possibility? I do not think so, but if you give them reason to consider it say Prucha and a 1st, why wouldn't they think about it?

just throwing things out there.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Edge

Quote:
You don't think the Rangers keep Weekes and Montoya so Montoya could benefit Hartford and the team keep winning like they are? I could see them being really reluctant to mess with their newfound success.
Certainly possible.

But if they can add a second or third round pick for a FA to be I think they make the move. If Montoya plays like this than I think they probably give him the taste of the NHL down the stretch.

They could always send him back down for the playoffs and then recall Val to keep the bench warm. By playoff time the backup goalie role becomes a little more diminished. Of course all of this is dependent on if the Rangers make the playoff themselves. If they don't it doesn't really matter because come playoff time they'd just send Montoya back down anyway.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:51 PM
broadwayblue

Very scary that 25 votes in more people think that the team will go for a big time player. Have we learned nothing over the past decade?

Old
01-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Renney did put Prucha and Cullen together on the 3rd line. (Now just bring up Callahan to complete that line.) And, the fact that they seem to realize they need a 2nd line center makes me think they've come to the realization that Cullen is a 3rd liner.
Call me a little skeptical on that Jas. While I would certainly LOVE to think that, I could just as easily see them thinking that if they get a second line center than Cullen should be a second line LW.

To me that would still leave a big hole on the third line.

The obvious is where this team has most often struggled.

Old
01-28-2007, 03:54 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Very scary that 25 votes in more people think that the team will go for a big time player. Have we learned nothing over the past decade?
Yes, we have, which is why the vote is where it is. Somewhat surprising it's not higher. Now, if the poll was titled "what should the Rangers do?" you would see different results.