Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2014 OHL Priority Selection Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Dolphins

vCash: 500
Dods is very good, of NYR is a sleeper pick

This is a very good year indeed for goalies, there are many that didn't make it to AAA. I might try to go to Newmarket to see some tier 2 guys from Tampa and Dallas

Old
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Dean Portman

Quote:
Originally Posted by defensehockey19 View Post
My top 40 looks like this
1. Chychrun
2. Mascherin
3. McLeod
4. Pastujuv
5. Jones
6. Saigeon
7. Mete
8. Brown
9. Barron
10. Hotchkiss
11. Pu
12. Mendonca
13. Dunn
14. Mizzi
15. Ang
16. Paquette
17. Stanley
18. Bitten
19. Candella
20. Lawr
21. Felhaber
22. Raddysh
23. Luce
24. Lafontaine
25. Nother
26. Barnes
27. Pezzetta
28. Poirier
29. G. Smith
30. Timms
31.Prestia
32. Middleton
33. Keller
34. Sicoly
35. Salinitri
36. Katchouk
37. Vella
38. Allen
39. Wells
40. O'Grady

In my opinion, no way should Felhaber be that low. At worst, he is a guaranteed first rounder. To me, he's worthy of consideration as early as 10. I gotta say, a lot of people undervalue Da Silva (YSE) and Buch (HAM). I think both play games that translate very well to the OHL level and both, depending on who drafts them, could play in the league next year. I think there is also quite a bit of untapped potential w/ Buch.

Old
01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Daneurism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Portman View Post
In my opinion, no way should Felhaber be that low. At worst, he is a guaranteed first rounder. To me, he's worthy of consideration as early as 10. I gotta say, a lot of people undervalue Da Silva (YSE) and Buch (HAM). I think both play games that translate very well to the OHL level and both, depending on who drafts them, could play in the league next year. I think there is also quite a bit of untapped potential w/ Buch.
What's the knock on Morrison from YSE? I haven't seen him play, but I do see impressive size/stats.

Old
01-16-2014, 05:15 PM
DRKDRVR

hockeyfanKW, the KW kids are in a bit of a limbo after the Alliance all star weekend left some scouts scratching their heads.

The lackluster performance of the top KW prospects there brought out questions about the ability of some of the kids to compete above their size playing with unfamiliar line mates and the strong performance of some second and third line players called into question whether you're watching individual abilities or seeing a difference in the opportunities afforded to them by the role they are given when you are watching them on their home team.

Top KW prospect plays a bull in a china shop game but lacks OHL size. This won't fly against OHL sized and skilled players. He'll need to totally revamp his game to a more finesse-based approach to compete there. It's a tough call for scouts to guess whether or not he can take the edge off while still remaining effective.

There are some pretty talented kids in KW that are in less visible roles than the go-to boys. Hopefully they've all seen enough ice at key times for the scouts to notice their potential.

Old
01-16-2014, 05:47 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Or say GM's that have seven second round picks over the next 2 years
Exactly.

Old
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Felhaber should be top 10 pick.

Dasilva has size, strength, and great shot, but he has resorted to playing defense instead of forward, and I have seen him in a few games, and he is a fish out of water on defense. He should go back to forward, and then he could be a late 2nd round pick

Old
01-16-2014, 05:51 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
What's the knock on Morrison from YSE? I haven't seen him play, but I do see impressive size/stats.
Powerful skater, great size, but mainly north south player. No east west game and that can be a liability going forward. He should be a late 2nd round pick, or early 3rd round pick.

Old
01-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Dean Portman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Felhaber should be top 10 pick.

Dasilva has size, strength, and great shot, but he has resorted to playing defense instead of forward, and I have seen him in a few games, and he is a fish out of water on defense. He should go back to forward, and then he could be a late 2nd round pick
Chewer, thanks for the update regarding Da Silva. I haven't seen him since he's made the move to defense. Any idea what's going on there? His decision? Coaches? Bad advice from an advisor? Makes more sense that he's not being mentioned as much then.

I'm glad we can finally agree on something (Felhaber). Not quite sure why people don't like him more.

How do you feel about the other player I mentioned, Buch? Pretty underrated in my opinion.

Old
01-16-2014, 07:15 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Agreed on Felhaber. If Nother was coming to the O. I wouldnt put him in my Top 40. Plays very small, despite the size. Id personally draft Luca, Trumbla, Kyle Thomas in the Top 40 and a few others. Including USA goalies, Id put Latorella as the #1 goalie in this draft.

Old
01-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Dean Portman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKDRVR View Post
hockeyfanKW, the KW kids are in a bit of a limbo after the Alliance all star weekend left some scouts scratching their heads.

The lackluster performance of the top KW prospects there brought out questions about the ability of some of the kids to compete above their size playing with unfamiliar line mates and the strong performance of some second and third line players called into question whether you're watching individual abilities or seeing a difference in the opportunities afforded to them by the role they are given when you are watching them on their home team.

Top KW prospect plays a bull in a china shop game but lacks OHL size. This won't fly against OHL sized and skilled players. He'll need to totally revamp his game to a more finesse-based approach to compete there. It's a tough call for scouts to guess whether or not he can take the edge off while still remaining effective.

There are some pretty talented kids in KW that are in less visible roles than the go-to boys. Hopefully they've all seen enough ice at key times for the scouts to notice their potential.
Very impressed with the 99s playing up on Kitchener. They will both be early picks in 2015.

Old
01-16-2014, 09:13 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Chewer, thanks for the update regarding Da Silva. I haven't seen him since he's made the move to defense. Any idea what's going on there? His decision? Coaches? Bad advice from an advisor? Makes more sense that he's not being mentioned as much then.

I'm glad we can finally agree on something (Felhaber). Not quite sure why people don't like him more.

How do you feel about the other player I mentioned, Buch? Pretty underrated in my opinion.
Buch is a solid player that will get a lot of attention especially down the stretch.

Dasilva has gone against everyone including his agent and has decided that he wants to play defense. I think it is a big mistake, especially when he spends more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone.

Old
01-16-2014, 09:17 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Agreed on Felhaber. If Nother was coming to the O. I wouldnt put him in my Top 40. Plays very small, despite the size. Id personally draft Luca, Trumbla, Kyle Thomas in the Top 40 and a few others. Including USA goalies, Id put Latorella as the #1 goalie in this draft.
Agree on Felhaber and Nother.

Trumbla is one of the best 3-4 power forwards in the draft and should go 2nd round at worst.

Kyle Thomas has size but no sense of urgency to his game and for his size, spends a lot of time on the ice.

I disagree on Luca, as he may be the biggest project in the Draft. he is big, strong, but a terrible skater, and lacks decision making ability. He must fix his skating big time, or learn how to fight and become a fighter.

Old
01-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Hockeydad98

Rumours are rampant that Logan Brown has signed with JRC. As if they needed him. Would have liked to see him on DMF,TT or, NYR to really showcase his talent.

Old
01-17-2014, 07:33 AM
defensehockey19

Anybody going to be attending the midget tournament in Peterborough this weekend? I'll be there!

Old
01-17-2014, 08:09 AM
DRKDRVR

Dean, I have to agree that the 99's are the most impressive players on Kitchener, although on the flip side, the fact that the two best players are a year younger highlights the fact that there aren't really any 98-born forwards on the team that stand out from the crowd. The defenseman that came via Brantford/Elgin is a solid and an offensive threat. He's been a major upgrade to the D core but still might be more of a Jr B prospect than a Jr A one. The other D haven't shown me the game sense and vision needed to be effective at the next level.

Old
01-17-2014, 09:02 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Anybody going to be attending the midget tournament in Peterborough this weekend? I'll be there!
I will be there, watching Bitten, Felhaber, Smith, Nother and Paquette. Paquette is about to play, I'm expecting big things from him and Tonge.

I'm very interested in the peterborough guys like Robbins, Stillman and Kent. Anybody have any info on these 3. Also anyone else I should keep an eye out for?

Old
01-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Andrew Sykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Buch is a solid player that will get a lot of attention especially down the stretch.

Dasilva has gone against everyone including his agent and has decided that he wants to play defense. I think it is a big mistake, especially when he spends more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone.
Buch is very underrated. One of the better centers at both ends of the rink in the age group.

Old
01-17-2014, 11:02 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
I will be there, watching Bitten, Felhaber, Smith, Nother and Paquette. Paquette is about to play, I'm expecting big things from him and Tonge.

I'm very interested in the peterborough guys like Robbins, Stillman and Kent. Anybody have any info on these 3. Also anyone else I should keep an eye out for?
James Allen from the Petes is very fun to watch as well.

Old
01-17-2014, 11:11 AM
hockeyfanKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKDRVR View Post

Thanks for the insight. By the 2nd/3rd liners are you referring to the Alliance as a whole?

Old
01-17-2014, 01:03 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

Petes #13 Kislinger

Old
01-17-2014, 02:00 PM
sniper81

Quote:

Watch for Allen and Diclemente

Old
01-17-2014, 02:00 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Petes #13 Kislinger
He's a powerful skater, very tough to move infront of the net, strong on his stick

Old
01-17-2014, 08:45 PM
defensehockey19

Felhaber and Bitten were extremely impressive today. Both have unreal hands and vision with speed to burn. Some highlight reel goals for both. Kislinger off of the Petes stood out too me as well, great chip off the boards play to himself in the 2nd period to create a great two on one he then made a great pass to his teammate who scored. Did the same thing in the third but shot this time and finished it off. Good size on him too.

Old
01-18-2014, 02:56 PM
chewerjones

Felhaber, best player at the tourney so far. No one comes close.

Old
01-18-2014, 03:55 PM
dangerousjd

been watching the Midget tournament here in Peterborough.....

Felhaber is best player ive seen...lots of flash..very nice hands..great hockey I.Q and ability to make opponents draw penalties on him..thinks the game well...

Brooks the goalie from Ottawa valley and Felhabers teammate I thought played a solid game against the Petes making several nice glove saves..I thought the game could of been a lot closer if not for him..

13 Kislinger on the Petes was there best player..hes got some good raw talent..nice size..good powerful skating stride..I thought he was easily the best player for the petes and I would say Diclemente was number 2..Diclemente can play some solid defense...not afraid the to tie up man in front of net..
The Petes captain Allen did nothing for me...I think he was on the ice for the first 3 goals against..the first goal he he fanned on it and gave it away right in front of his own net and Ottawa scored..
Stillman really needs to work on his skating....

from Kingston...Paquette and tonge both look good..Paquette cyles the puck and protects the puck well..he hasn't put up the stats tonge has but paquette is a solid bet to be in the OHL...tonge has nice finish around the net...nice hands...good player..

Closed Thread