HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Stuart

Old
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
MrAlfie

vCash: 500
Brad Stuart

Shouldnt the Rangers rather focus on him then on Forsberg?

Offense is fine (even without a No.2 C) , its the D thats making my head hurt.

Also being only 27 hed be perfect for years to come.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Shouldnt the Rangers rather focus on him then on Forsberg?

Offense is fine (even without a No.2 C) , its the D thats making my head hurt.

Also being only 27 hed be perfect for years to come.
Clearly you aren't a Ranger fan if you think the offense has been fine..

it was fine for maybe 2-3 months into the season then Shanny and the first line decided to slump

our D has always been a problem but they still need to make changes to score more

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:40 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
At this point, I'd much rather have Stuart than Forsberg, especially since Stuart's pricetag will probably be less.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:40 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

He's a UFA this year and is believed in going back to the West Coast.

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:41 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

How could you say the offense is fine? There power play is horrific! Its certainly not ok that we dont have a number 2 center because there has been no one to feed Shanny the puck. Not to mention because of that problem, teams put there best checking fowards against Jagr's line without having to worry about who's going up against our 2nd line. Your gonna tell me there is no problem with the offense when we have a number 1 line, 2 checking lines, and a 4th line. I'm sorry but if you cant see that offense is where we need help then your not watching the same team I am. Sure our defensemen arent very strong but thats because of a couple defenseman. I think we have guys in Hartford we can simply bring up rather than trade for one. You have Baranka, Girardi, and Pock. Bring these guys up and trade Rachunek in a deal to fix the second line

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:48 PM
SML

I think alot of our PP problems would disappear if we took Michal Roszival off the PP. That guy shoots less than a consciencious objector during wartime.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM
MrAlfie

first of all, thanks to everyone questioning my "fandom" because i said the offense is fine.
and YES i do believe that the offense is fine, we do have the players to use, the problem is the coach isnt using them properly, but thats a different story. but thanks for saying im not a rangerfan because ive got a different point of view.

Old
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Yeh but if you take Roszival off, who do you replace him with that makes the PP better? So I cant say removing him is part of the solution to the PP problems. They need to make a move.

Old
01-29-2007, 01:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
first of all, thanks to everyone questioning my "fandom" because i said the offense is fine.
and YES i do believe that the offense is fine, we do have the players to use, the problem is the coach isnt using them properly, but thats a different story. but thanks for saying im not a rangerfan because ive got a different point of view.
Well it wasnt me who said you werent a Rangers fan because its fine you have your own views but that offense is simply not fine. We dont have the players. Renney is doing the best he can with what he has. If you think we have the players to say our offense is fine why dont you explain how they could be used better since you dont think Renney is doing a good job of using his players right.

Old
01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Yeh but if you take Roszival off, who do you replace him with that makes the PP better? So I cant say removing him is part of the solution to the PP problems. They need to make a move.
I'd use Cullen, I'd use Pock, heck I'd even use Ward. I would use Girardi before I'd put Roszival back out there. The guy simply refuses to shoot and other teams know he's not going to shoot. So you take your man advantage and basically turn it back to 4on4 because this guy is no threat. Look, I know it's Jagr's team, and I know he likes the puck. But you have to keep the other team honest. They at least have to think someone else MAY just need to be covered, or they're going to 2X Jagr just the way they have been. You can put Bobby Orr out there and if all he does is pass every time, he's only going ot be half as effective as he would if he was a threat to score as well.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:09 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Well it wasnt me who said you werent a Rangers fan because its fine you have your own views but that offense is simply not fine. We dont have the players. Renney is doing the best he can with what he has. If you think we have the players to say our offense is fine why dont you explain how they could be used better since you dont think Renney is doing a good job of using his players right.

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Dawes - Nylander - Shanahan
Hall - Immonen - Cullen
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

PP1 Straka - Prucha - Jagr - Shanahan - Pock
PP2 Dawes - Hall - Nylander - Immonen - Rachunek

pure speculation , but IMHO , the pp would do much better and the overall chemistry would be much better.

Old
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Stuart has been mentioned as a trade candidate. I would take him in a second. He is a very underrated defenseman. It would probably cost a lot in a trade, but would probably be worth it. He's way better than any D-man we have now and better than any of the other D mentioned in trade rumors this season.

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Stuart's wife is from California and apparently she wants to move back to California.Stuart has LA Kings written all over him.Lombardi drafted him in LA.The Kings will lose Sopel and Miller since both players will be group III's this summer and they will have the money to pay Stuart and lock up Visnonsky to an extension

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
I like Stuart a lot and had hoped that he would re-sign here in Boston. That won't be the case though.

Word around town is that he's looking for 5 million/year for multiple years. The Bruins have tried since October to ink him.
The other item is that supposedly Mrs. Stuart wants to be back on the left coast.
They just had their first child and she went "home" for the occasion,.

Sturm is up for grabs too. He already said that he will be testing UFA this summer.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Hall - Immonen - Cullen

pure speculation , but IMHO , the pp would do much better and the overall chemistry would be much better.
Without trading:

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Immonen - Shanahan
Krog/Hossa/Ibister - Cullen - Dawes

Krog/Hossa/Ibister/Callahan in the wings

PP2 Dawes - Krog/Hossa/Ibister - Nylander - Immonen - Rachunek

With trading:
Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Forsberg - Shanahan
Krog/Hossa/Ibister - Cullen - Dawes

Brewer - Pock
Ward - Tyutin
Roszival - Rachunek (or Girardi)

Dealt/waived before deadline- Ward, Hall, Orr, Immonen, Jessiman, Lampman, Montoya (ev), Malik & 2 picks for Forsberg, Brewer and ev some lower picks

Krog/Hossa/Ibister/Callahan in the wings

PP1 Straka - Prucha - Jagr - Forsberg - E Brewer
PP2 Dawes - Krog/Hossa/Ibister - Nylander - Shanahan - Pock

Next year
Prucha - Datsyuk - Jagr
Straka - Nylander - Shanahan
M Nilson - Cullen - Dawes

In the wings - Callahan, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Moore, Anisimov, new 2007 picks...

Hartford/elsewhere: Krog/Hossa/Ibister
PP1 Straka - M Nilsson (as kamikazee in front of net) - Jagr - Datsyuk - E Brewer
PP2 Dawes - Prucha - Nylander - Shanahan - Pock

Brewer - Pock
Ward - Tyutin
Roszival - Staal
Girardi

Eventually they might also consider signing another defensive (max 2 M USD) UFA in the offseason as well to add depth.

In the wings - Baranka, Sanguinetti, M Sauer, Liffiton

Elsewhere: Rachunek

This would be a very very interesting team to follow. Cap space is also viable here as signing 3-4 UFA:s of this caliber are possible while simontaneously easing in the internal talent and oozing out the old mistakes.... If things do not work out and the team does not function (which I doubt exempting injuries) you would have 4 veterans on the top-2 lines (Straka, Shanny, Nylander, Jagr) to trade for younger talent to desperate teams (there are always some teams in trouble) the next 2 years... Also an interesting sceanario (it is usually otherwise the other way around in this organisation) imo

Just some reflections/thoughts

Last edited by BBKers: 01-29-2007 at 04:29 PM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
shoothepuck

5 mil. per, multiple years, dosen't want to be on the East coast, sounds like someone NY should stay away from.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:33 PM
lotus

sounds like someone the rangers will go for !

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Hall - Immonen - Cullen

Prucha has done nothing this year to earn the right of playing with Jagr and force Renney to break up the 1st line.

And all the sudden Immonen and Dawes are back up? Especially Dawes jumping all the way to the 2nd line? I love Dawes, one of my favorite prospects, but he like Prucha has done nothing to earn the 2nd line left wing position. And Immonen has shown nothing to be recalled again. And when he was up here he hasnt produced at all.

And why are we keeping Hall who has been another guy who has done nothing whatsoever this year except for a few good games. He doesnt deserve to be in the lineup let alone the 2nd PP unit. He's just another 3rd/4th line player who cant score.

Why is Cullen being moved to the wing? The whole problem this season is that he hasnt been playing 3rd line center. Why are we moving him to the wing when he can win faceoffs?

I almost forgot to ask how you expect to get away with Straka centering the 1st line? He is horrible with faceoffs. Sorry no dice to making him your number one center.

Just face the facts, Renney has nothing to work with. He cant split up his best line to try and help players like Prucha and Dawes who havent been able to produce, especially Prucha who has been pretty much invisible out there on the score sheet and he handles the puck like a hot potato. They need to make a move for a foward.

Old
01-29-2007, 06:11 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Why Stuart? He's not the physical, defensive dman that the team needs. On the other hand, Alberts would work...and his price tag would probably not be as high

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 06:20 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Prucha has done nothing this year to earn the right of playing with Jagr and force Renney to break up the 1st line.

And all the sudden Immonen and Dawes are back up? Especially Dawes jumping all the way to the 2nd line? I love Dawes, one of my favorite prospects, but he like Prucha has done nothing to earn the 2nd line left wing position. And Immonen has shown nothing to be recalled again. And when he was up here he hasnt produced at all.

And why are we keeping Hall who has been another guy who has done nothing whatsoever this year except for a few good games. He doesnt deserve to be in the lineup let alone the 2nd PP unit. He's just another 3rd/4th line player who cant score.

Why is Cullen being moved to the wing? The whole problem this season is that he hasnt been playing 3rd line center. Why are we moving him to the wing when he can win faceoffs?

I almost forgot to ask how you expect to get away with Straka centering the 1st line? He is horrible with faceoffs. Sorry no dice to making him your number one center.

Just face the facts, Renney has nothing to work with. He cant split up his best line to try and help players like Prucha and Dawes who havent been able to produce, especially Prucha who has been pretty much invisible out there on the score sheet and he handles the puck like a hot potato. They need to make a move for a foward.

cut that "oh he didnt earn it" crap, how can you earn a chance if you arent given a chance? have you seen how renney treats prucha, immo and dawes?
you asked me what id do, i told you what id do and showed you that from my point of view the offense wouldnt be much of a question if it wasnt for renney putting up these horrible lines day in day out.
lets just agree to disagree here because well be turning in circles with you saying our offense sucks because we dont have the right guys and me saying our o wouldnt suck if renney would have the balls to give the skilled players a chance.

Old
01-29-2007, 06:26 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
cut that "oh he didnt earn it" crap, how can you earn a chance if you arent given a chance? have you seen how renney treats prucha, immo and dawes?
you asked me what id do, i told you what id do and showed you that from my point of view the offense wouldnt be much of a question if it wasnt for renney putting up these horrible lines day in day out.
lets just agree to disagree here because well be turning in circles with you saying our offense sucks because we dont have the right guys and me saying our o wouldnt suck if renney would have the balls to give the skilled players a chance.
Cut the "he didnt earn it crap"? Maybe I'm confused, don't you think if Dawes was really playing good in Hartford he'd be up here getting his shot? Look at Dawes and Immonen's stats and then look at the top players in the AHL in scoring that are around their ages. Do a little comparing. And Prucha has been awful this year. He started off on the top lines and did nothing so he got moved around. Now were gonna break up our best line to maybe get him going? C'mon. Believe me I'd love to see Dawes up but he's not ready to be on the top 2 lines. Now if you bring him up and put him on one of the bottom two lines to start off and let him "earn" being moved up to the top 2 lines like Hossa did with his hard work then thats fine. Immonen has been up before and has done nothing. So maybe not him. Maybe you go with Dubinsky or Korpedo.

Old
01-29-2007, 10:27 PM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
At this point, I'd much rather have Stuart than Forsberg, especially since Stuart's pricetag will probably be less.
And he's healthy. But you have to sign him as a condition to trading for him.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:30 PM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I like Stuart a lot and had hoped that he would re-sign here in Boston. That won't be the case though.

Word around town is that he's looking for 5 million/year for multiple years. The Bruins have tried since October to ink him.
The other item is that supposedly Mrs. Stuart wants to be back on the left coast.
They just had their first child and she went "home" for the occasion,.

Sturm is up for grabs too. He already said that he will be testing UFA this summer.
No thanks on Marco. I like Stuart, but the Bruins totally got shamefully fleeced on the Thorton deal. I don't know what their GM was smoking or if it was the beans.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote