HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Time: Let the fun begin

Old
01-25-2007, 08:10 AM
caniacgirl12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
ladd for a rental and im throwing a 13 year old girl hissy fit.
Ladd for a rental and I am throwing a 22 year old girl hissy fit!!

01-25-2007, 10:22 AM
semin4captain

Three-way trade proposal:

To LA:
Andrew Ladd
Eric Staal
Anton Babchuk
Alexander Radulov

To NSH:
Mike Commodore
Dustin Brown
Bobby Hughes
1st round pick (LA)

To CAR:
Josef Vasicek
Oleg Tverdovsky
Yutaka Fukufuji

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
The Canes are not getting Blake. According to GM Garth Snow:

"Asked specifically about Blake's status, Snow said, "We absolutely want him back."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...slanders-print

So, what do you expect Snow and Islander managment to say "We don't want out best player back. We choose not to pay him and we think our team is so lousy right now that we need to gut the team and start over...."

If the Isles are way out of the playoff race, and they don't think Blake will resign, he'll be moved.

And, IMO, the likely return will be a 2nd rounder and a prospect. The Isles are going to have zero interest in picking up vet dmen (like Kaberle, Hedican and some of the other names you guys are tossing around). But, a mid-tier prospect would make the deal worthwhile. I'm not certain who that would be in the Carolina organization, and I'm willing to bet that Islander management would prefer to move Blake west.

I don't think Ladd would be part of the deal. I see that as a serious overpayment by Carolina.

As for the other players you guys seem to want to unload (like Tanabe), I will be suprised if Islander management has more than passing interest. Now, if you were willing to take Shawn Bates' contract in return, maybe. But, otherwise, I don't see a deal there.

But, we will see.....

01-25-2007, 11:19 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
So, what do you expect Snow and Islander managment to say "We don't want out best player back. We choose not to pay him and we think our team is so lousy right now that we need to gut the team and start over...."

If the Isles are way out of the playoff race, and they don't think Blake will resign, he'll be moved.
Sorry Darth, but it's not happening. Even if the Isles choose to rebuild, it will be WITH Blake. And since Blake wants to play on the Island, he will sign.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
Sorry Darth, but it's not happening. Even if the Isles choose to rebuild, it will be WITH Blake. And since Blake wants to play on the Island, he will sign.

I think it is quite possible that the Isles bring him back. But, it is also quite possible that he hits the road.

This is nowhere near as certain as you suggest. And, in fact, Blake's agent was quoted in NEWSDAY as saying that he still didn't have a first offer from the Isles.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:35 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

As for the other players you guys seem to want to unload (like Tanabe), I will be suprised if Islander management has more than passing interest. Now, if you were willing to take Shawn Bates' contract in return, maybe. But, otherwise, I don't see a deal there.

But, we will see.....
i havent followed bates much lately, but would i be correct in assuming he had his best years under lavi? how bad is the contract? ive wondered how long it would take for islander guys lavi coached that he liked to make their way over here. for better or for worse.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 01:36 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahz View Post
Three-way trade proposal:

To LA:
Andrew Ladd
Eric Staal
Anton Babchuk
Alexander Radulov

To NSH:
Mike Commodore
Dustin Brown
Bobby Hughes
1st round pick (LA)

To CAR:
Josef Vasicek
Oleg Tverdovsky
Yutaka Fukufuji
you know... a couple of years ago you couldve found this offer on the main trade board.

Old
01-25-2007, 01:39 PM
semin4captain

Quote:
you know... a couple of years ago you couldve found this offer on the main trade board.
The best one I remember is Brind'amour for Milan Kraft.

Old
01-25-2007, 01:48 PM
semin4captain

Oh my, this is just too funny.

http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?p=2261#comments

"Chris,

Laraque would fill a huge void on the ‘canes and I have openly been petioning JR to pick him up for years. He can skate, hit and is an unmovable object in front of the net! I was so hoping the Adams for Siendenberg trade also included Ladd for LaRaque. 6 goals isnt bad for a “goon"."

Old
01-25-2007, 02:07 PM
My friend

Quote:
i havent followed bates much lately, but would i be correct in assuming he had his best years under lavi? how bad is the contract? ive wondered how long it would take for islander guys lavi coached that he liked to make their way over here. for better or for worse.
Bates was inarguably Lavy's favorite. He did have his best year playing for Lavy, but I think it also had to do with the chemistry he, Peca and Parrish had. They were a forechecking machine, and Bates also was paired with Peca on the PK where they made for a dangerous duo.

Bates is signed for 2 years after this one at $1.2 mil per. Honestly, that's not bad for a third line player who is above average on face-offs, and brings speed and hard work to the table. He's got good defensive awareness. He's also pretty good on Shootouts, although we don't really use him there with Satan and Kozlov being almost automatic. He also finishes his checks.

Now for the bad. He seems to have lost a step, he has chronic groin problems, and his overall play has (surprisingly) sagged greatly this year. He's also taking more penaltys than usual, and always has something to say to the ref when he gets called for one.

I think he could turn it around on a good team, like yours, but I wouldn't expect much back for him, a marginal D man, or a late round pick would do it.

My friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 02:36 PM
bleedgreen

tanabe or hutch for bates would be a possibility. i know we all look for bigger things, but this would fit the situation. tanabe's salary is pretty close, right? 800k-ish? i forget. i also forget what hutch makes. bates would likely blend well with guys like larose, adams, walker, belanger, letowski. though it may be overkill in that department. likely one of those other guys would go as throw-ins on a bigger deal for a bigger forward.

Old
01-25-2007, 02:45 PM
robotron2084

Tanabe makes $900k and there's some confusion over whether he'll be UFA or back to RFA after this season. Hutchinson still has one year left on his contract which pays him $500k next year.

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
tanabe or hutch for bates would be a possibility. i know we all look for bigger things, but this would fit the situation. tanabe's salary is pretty close, right? 800k-ish? i forget. i also forget what hutch makes. bates would likely blend well with guys like larose, adams, walker, belanger, letowski. though it may be overkill in that department. likely one of those other guys would go as throw-ins on a bigger deal for a bigger forward.
I'd do a deal like this any day of the week. Isles have other players like Bates, so moving his salary off the payroll makes good sense.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
DeputyDan

This looks like an old ESPN boards thread

DeputyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyDan View Post
This looks like an old ESPN boards thread
nah, needs more of these "****"

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:33 AM
bleedgreen

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/537030.html

chicago has been scouting us.

so far in the forward section...here is my possible list:
sturm
blake
carter
bates
allison
torres
lupul
dark horse....dave bolland. not that he would help this year, he is imo on jr's long term must acquire list like williams and gleason before him.

Old
01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/537030.html

chicago has been scouting us.

so far in the forward section...here is my possible list:
sturm
blake
carter
bates
allison
torres
lupul
dark horse....dave bolland. not that he would help this year, he is imo on jr's long term must acquire list like williams and gleason before him.
I hope Chicago stopped scouting Tanabe before I made the 'I'm Sorry Tanabe" thread.

caniacgirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
The question is who would we be getting from Chicago since they're scouting us? We can rule Vrbata out for obvious reasons.

Arkhipov?
Bondra?
Smoke?

Anybody have any educated guesses?

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:30 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Craig Conroy is heading back to the Flames for Lundmark, Calgary's 4th this year and 2nd in 08. I'm glad he went there because there's no way I wanted to Canes to try and top that package.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:49 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
The question is who would we be getting from Chicago since they're scouting us? We can rule Vrbata out for obvious reasons.

Arkhipov?
Bondra?
Smoke?

Anybody have any educated guesses?
i would think smoke is what theyre offering - and we will likely listen. i bet jr would offer to get bigger and get bolland out of it. i could see smoke being a pretty good thrid line center for us, my problem is i think belanger on the fourth line is a waste. if we get an offensive upgrade at center, i would look at guys like belanger and letowski also getting moved in some deal.

Old
01-29-2007, 04:57 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Craig Conroy is heading back to the Flames for Lundmark, Calgary's 4th this year and 2nd in 08. I'm glad he went there because there's no way I wanted to Canes to try and top that package.
agreed heartily.

Old
01-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

All other things equal, Smoke or Sturm?

I say Smoke - we aren't center heavy like we were with KAd and Big Joe here. He seems like a better fit I think. And Sturm's -14 bothers me, even though I dont usually care much about +/-.

I know playing for the B's now is like skating with chains on in terms of the effect on stats like this, but still...

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
bleedgreen

with samsanov on waivers and these teams playing each other tonight - i cant help but wonder if its not a possibility that sergei leaves town with us. how many years does he have left? if was a ufa, i bet it would happen. not a lot left on the salary for the year. jr used to love this guy.

dont know how i feel about it, it obviously wouldnt cost much which i would prefer to trading prospects/picks for other guys only to see them leave in the off season.

Old
02-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Canes Fan

Quote:
with samsanov on waivers and these teams playing each other tonight - i cant help but wonder if its not a possibility that sergei leaves town with us. how many years does he have left? if was a ufa, i bet it would happen. not a lot left on the salary for the year. jr used to love this guy.

dont know how i feel about it, it obviously wouldnt cost much which i would prefer to trading prospects/picks for other guys only to see them leave in the off season.
I think I read that Samsanov is signed through next year with a 3 1/2 mil contract. He is talented, but a risk with the way he is playing. He may be much better in our system though.

Canes Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
NEVER 4GET

He has a year left on his contract and is getting paid $3.5 million a year. No way we would be able to fit him in next season at that price, so I don't see it happening.