HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Power Play

Old
01-29-2007, 08:01 AM
bathgate

vCash: 500
Power Play

I am sick and tired of watching the same pathetic execution on the power play. Please take Straka and Rozie off the points. Give Pock and Cullen a chance. Upfront, give Hall and Prucha more time. Hall scored ten and Prucha sixteen on the power play last year. Further, both crash the net. A change of pace would be refreshing. Without significant improvement on the power play, this team won't make the playoffs

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:16 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
I am sick and tired of watching the same pathetic execution on the power play. Please take Straka and Rozie off the points. Give Pock and Cullen a chance. Upfront, give Hall and Prucha more time. Hall scored ten and Prucha sixteen on the power play last year. Further, both crash the net. A change of pace would be refreshing. Without significant improvement on the power play, this team won't make the playoffs
I dunno about Hall... His name scares me.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Would like to see that change assuming Pock is playing.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:18 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post

Someone read the NY Post today?

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:24 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Someone read the NY Post today?

Just read the article. Are you linking me to Brooks?

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:26 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

What else is new?

The disturbing thing is we could resurrect a thread from November about the same issue, asking for the same things, yet the Rangers havent changed a thing.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:28 AM
WheresBarnaby

I thought the PP looked good last game even though they didn't score. The players movement was there at least .

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I thought the PP looked good last game even though they didn't score. The players movement was there at least .
Three posts, one one-timer that should be a goal considering it left Shanahans stick, Jagrs 5th hole attempt on Esche that I think was actually a goal.

Though the results are speaking for themselfs, they aren't scoring. I would like to point out that the biggest reason for that have been because of Jagr beeing completly ineffective with his shots. His shoulder is supposed to become better and better, and the goals from him ought to come with that...

Early Jagr draw the attention, Shanahan could get open and get allot of pointblank shots. Considering how many chances he got there for a while he lead the league in scoring but were still not that effective. Now teams have picked up on JJ not burying his chances and completly takes out Shanahan.

I don't really belive in Prucha-Shanahan-Jagr up front, though right now we are scoring at something like 5% of the PP's, even something that doesn't make sense should produce better then that.

Rather sooner then later a shakeup must take place.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:17 AM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

They also don't seem to play the PP with a sense of urgency. Many times thay waste tons of time getting out of their zone, (they skate in big looping circles), and then more time wasted setting up and trying to get the "perfect shot". Someone has to get the puck in the zone quickly and get shots on net,(many of them). With the system they use, and Renney's lack of changing point players, not much will change. It may look better at times, but the result will be the same, few shots, less goals.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Something I thought was funny regaurding the PP:
Quote:
Speaking of which, give Larry Brooks credit for this gem:

“The Blueshirts went bowling in a team-bonding exercise after skating at the Boston University rink yesterday. It is not known whether Shanahan rolled the ball straight down the middle of the lane while Jagr tried to finesse his ball with a spin.”
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:57 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Saturday things seemed alot better. How would this work for the 2 units...because right now that 1st unit needs someone in front of the net (and at this point I don't care if it's little Prucha...because he's better than nothing):

UNIT 1:
Straka-Roszival...Prucha-Nylander-Jagr

UNIT 2:
Rachunek-Tyutin...Shanahan-Cullen-Hossa

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote