Notices

Anaheim Ducks have even more firepower developing at minor league level

Old
01-18-2014, 04:45 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Anaheim Ducks have even more firepower developing at minor league level

In what could be regarded as a development year with all the incoming young players, the Norfolk Admirals are off to a respectable 20-13-1-5 start. Norfolk stood to lose quite a few valuable players to the Anaheim Ducks this season, and with players like Hampus Lindholm, Sami Vatanen, Emerson Etem, Frederik Andersen, and Patrick Maroon all spending considerable time in the NHL in 2013-14 that fear became a reality.

In their place, there have been many notable performances, starting between the pipes with John Gibson and Igor Bobkov.

Here is an update on how the Ducks' professional prospects have been performing in 2013-14:

NHL

Frederik Andersen, G, 24

Frederik Andersen entered the season on a high note, after finishing 2012-13 as a top goalie in the American Hockey League with a 2.19 goals against average and a .929 save percentage.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 06:57 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Correct me if I am worng but isnt Noesen out with a knee injury? The article says concussion. I think he had a concussion and then hurt his knee and is out for the year.

Last edited by KelVarnsen: 01-19-2014 at 08:06 AM.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Correct me if I am worng but isnt Noesen out with a knee injury? The article says concussion. I think he had a concussion and then hurt his knee and is out for the year.
You're correct, I noticed that too. But admittedly, it was quite the secret for quite a while and we still know almost nothing about when, where, or how it happened or even just what was wrong with his knee. If you don't actually follow the Ducks, you might never have known.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote