HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think Zuccarello's salary should be?

View Poll Results: What should Zuccarello negotiate for in the 2013-2014 season.
$1,000,000-2,000,000 3 1.75%
$2,000,000-3,000,000 34 19.88%
$3,000,000-4,000,000 100 58.48%
$4,000,000-5,000,000 21 12.28%
$5,000,000-6,000,000 2 1.17%
$6,000,000-7,000,000 3 1.75%
More 8 4.68%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-18-2014, 09:23 PM
GrimNYR8899*

vCash: 500
I was about to say,before opening the thread 3.5 million per year for 3-4 years,that's if he keeps this play up til seasons end. He's earned it.

GrimNYR8899* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 05:32 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
He has one RFA year left after this one.
Can you explain your sig to me once and for all...?

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 05:42 AM
KenGuru

And people laughed at me last summer when I said Zuccarello deserved something close to Hagelins salary (2.250 M). One guy even said Hagelin is 10 times better than Zucc. Well enough about that. I think Zucc loves this team so much he will easily sign a 3-4 year contract with 3 M a year.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 06:01 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 3410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Can you explain your sig to me once and for all...?
Haha, I forgot I even had that sig, I usually post from my cell or tablet with sigs disabled.

It's from back when MZA and Boyle were on the same line and Boyle was being portrayed as the big, dumb oaf( Hodor) and MZA as the clever hobbit.

It's neither particularly funny nor a good shop, so I should thank you for the reminder to remove it

On Topic:
Guru, at the time Hags was a much more proven player than MZA. He is still better than MZA on the forecheck and a better pker.

Since MZA started to really produce, his value will go way up. Maybe 2,5 for the rfa year and 3-3,5 for the first ufa year.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 06:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Norweigan agent for Zuccarello was talking to the media in the summer about crazy money. Ryman. Zuccarello flew to Toronto and meet with Newport before the arbitration hearing. They must have talked sense to him. As soon as Zuccarello landed in Ontario,the contract was done. Newport will want major bucks in salary arbitration this summer and the player is one year away from group III. The Rangers will want to see him do it again before giving the player a long-term contract. Except for a handful of players(Lundqvist,Staal,McDonagh),the Rangers are cautious with the group II contracts. Only one year before group III makes it tricky. Callahan was in the same spot in 2011. He was arg eligible and one year away from group III in 2012 at 27. The Rangers gave him a 3 year deal. Whether the Rangers didn't have the room for a long-term deal or they were concerned about his durability,it was a 3 year deal. 1 year of group II and 2 group III years. Zuccarello has one year of group II left. The Rangers structured the Callahan contract to protect him with the lockout. $4M in 11-12. $4M in 12-13 with $1M signing bonus. Then Callahan got whatever was left of the $3M in 99 day season. Something like $1.6M. $2.6M of the $4M. $4.825M this season.

Newport has Rand Simon to handle their arbitration cases.

http://www.thehockeyagency.com/agency-team-detail/9

It won't be cheap.

The Rangers have many arbitration cases this summer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 06:40 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

I wouldn't take Ryman too seriously. He is seen as something of a clown and in addition has personal interest in Z signing in Europe. As his agent in the euro market he gets a bigger share if he signs up here.

Zuccarello will want to get paid, especially after taking what he felt was a discount to sign this year, but he won't go crazy with his demands. I could see it go to arbitration, though.

Old
01-19-2014, 06:51 AM
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
I could see it go to arbitration, though.

If status quo is on the same peace at the end of the season as what it is now, that must be a hilariously pleasant hearing for one party. RangerBoy is probably rigth with the point that he makes about consistency over the next season, so a contract similiar to Callahan's is probably what he'll get

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 08:51 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanrouz View Post
Ok... if you mean Zucca is only worth 2.75-3.25 million pr year.. I hope Zucca goes to another club, because he deserves better. A player as Zucca and his skills is worth 5M per year. If NYR pay him what you will give him - its a scandal.
No its not a scandal. Ville Leino got a big raise after one great season and look at him now. The way i see it Zucc should get about 3 mill pr year on a long term contract. If u pay him franchise player Money, then People would expect him to carry this team. Zucc is not that kind of player. He is a playmaker and pass first kind of guy, not a sniper.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 08:58 AM
I Am Classless

I'd say realistically Zuccarello has a chance of regressing a bit from this season, tiny guys who play hard/chippy are injury risks etc., but you pay your best players. I don't know enough about comparables around the league and how the new cap will effect the market to feel comfortable and authoritative throwing out a dollar figure, but he'll get paid well here.

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 09:05 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

3/10 or 4/14. I'd be happy with either.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 11:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
If status quo is on the same peace at the end of the season as what it is now, that must be a hilariously pleasant hearing for one party. RangerBoy is probably rigth with the point that he makes about consistency over the next season, so a contract similiar to Callahan's is probably what he'll get
Ranger management will argue Zuccarello has only done it for one season if it gets to arbitration.

Newport will argue Zuccarello is worthy of a huge raise.

Newport and the player are in the drivers seat. They have all of the leverage.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 11:32 AM
SKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
3/10 or 4/14. I'd be happy with either.
This seems very close. 4/14-15 is where I would think he ends up if his play holds up through a possible playoff.

SKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

5 years .... 18 mill......take him thru his prime

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Bolanrouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
No its not a scandal. Ville Leino got a big raise after one great season and look at him now. The way i see it Zucc should get about 3 mill pr year on a long term contract. If u pay him franchise player Money, then People would expect him to carry this team. Zucc is not that kind of player. He is a playmaker and pass first kind of guy, not a sniper.
Ok, if thats fair... I think 85 % of NYR's players is overpaid. Its no reason Zucca should have a lower salary than for ex Brassard! What next?`Zucca must pay a fee for every game he will play?? And how you know Zucca will be like Ville Reino??

So hope he leave NYR, since the fans and Sather think 3M is too much for NYR best player this season and last playoff.

Last edited by Bolanrouz: 01-19-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Bolanrouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash

vCash: 145
Quote:
So hope he leave NYR, since the fans and Sather think 3M is too much for NYR best player this season and last playoff.
No one is saying he wont get his payday, but you also dont go throwing 5 million pr. year contracts at players who have had one breakhrough season. Its bad business, and for all we actually know could backfire tremendously for any reason.

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 01:55 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Ok, if thats fair... I think 85 % of NYR's players is overpaid. Its no reason Zucca should have a lower salary than for ex Brassard! What next?`Zucca must pay a fee for every game he will play?? And how you know Zucca will be like Ville Reino??

Richards, Stepan, Nash and MDZ are overpaid. No reason for Zucc to make the same mistake. Look at it this way. If Zucc make 5 mill a year and then stop producing offensivly. What would happen? He would be traded? Or just moved to the fourth line like Richards in the last playoff.

Zucc wants to play for the rangers and win the cup. Demanding to much Money wouldnt be wise.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 02:30 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You have made this point in just about every post on this board. We get it, you want zucc to go to a different/better/whatever team where you think he'll get 7M/year and score a hundred points, be named captain and lift the Stanley Cup.

Now go away.

Old
01-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Pollox

Im quite sure Zucc is thinking less about his raise then some of the fans in here^^. Just calm down, if Zucc continues to produce well, he will get a fair contract. There is absolutely no reason to spam the board with arguments that Zucc should find another club if he dont get a fantasy salary. I agree with the previous poster, be happy where Zucc is atm, or go away!

Pollox is offline   Reply With Quote