HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline is 30 Days from Today...What Will the Rangers do?

View Poll Results: Big Moves, Little Moves, No Moves?
They'll deal for a big time name. 23 42.59%
They'll deal for some depth. 25 46.30%
They'll stand pat. 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
I think they will trade for some depth. I think they are going to go after a D-man who is physical but still has speed and can move the puck. Basically the anti-Malik. Who that is I dont know. Also to much of the shagrin of most posters I can see Peter Foresberg wearing a Ranger sweater before the deadline. Me personally i'm tossd on the prospect of Foresberg becoming a Ranger, but I wont go into detail in this thread.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 03:56 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Call me a little skeptical on that Jas. While I would certainly LOVE to think that, I could just as easily see them thinking that if they get a second line center than Cullen should be a second line LW.

To me that would still leave a big hole on the third line.

The obvious is where this team has most often struggled.
Sp maybe I'm a bit naive, but since I finally see on the 3rd line what I've been hoping for Prucha and Cullen with a gritty winger to fill out the line, I actually have hope that both Renney and Sather/Maloney have come to the realization of what this team needs. No bigger mistake this off-season than not getting a 2nd line center.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Sp maybe I'm a bit naive, but since I finally see on the 3rd line what I've been hoping for Prucha and Cullen with a gritty winger to fill out the line, I actually have hope that both Renney and Sather/Maloney have come to the realization of what this team needs. No bigger mistake this off-season than not getting a 2nd line center.
I really hope you're right in a situation like that, I REALLY do.

This team though just never ceases to amaze me.

Personally I'd like to see a second line center for Shanahan and Prucha and put Cullen on a third line with Callahan and a defensive winger.

Something inside though just tells me I am not going to see it.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 04:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I really hope you're right in a situation like that, I REALLY do.

This team though just never ceases to amaze me.

Personally I'd like to see a second line center for Shanahan and Prucha and put Cullen on a third line with Callahan and a defensive winger.

Something inside though just tells me I am not going to see it.
I'm not keen on putting Prucha and Shanahan on the same line. If you get the right center, you just need a plugger on the other side, say a Hall or Hossa...just someone to go into the corners or go to the net. Shanahan has played for years like that in Detroit...playmaking center such as Fedorov, Yzerman, Larionov or such, while a Holmstrom, McCarty or even a Maltby from time to time, would be there to do the grunt work. Besides, Prucha and Cullen have seemed to have some chemistry together, as far back as the pre-season, from what I can remember.

Old
01-28-2007, 05:16 PM
True Blue

Quote:
If you get the right center, you just need a plugger on the other side, say a Hall or Hossa...just someone to go into the corners or go to the net.
Come on, jas. We've been through this before. How can one even begin to advocate putting 4th line players like Hall or Hossa on the 2nd line ahead of someone like Prucha, who just scored 30 as a rookie?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:27 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Come on, jas. We've been through this before. How can one even begin to advocate putting 4th line players like Hall or Hossa on the 2nd line ahead of someone like Prucha, who just scored 30 as a rookie?
It's because of the roles each player would fill. I like Prucha with Cullen. They have chemsitry and it stretches out the lineup. Shanahan doesn't need another player like Prucha on his line. He just needs a play-making center and a plugger. It's not all about stuiffing all the offensive talent togther; it's finding players whose talents mesh. I don't think Shanahan has meshed with either Cullen or Prucha. Look at what detroit did with him - they put him with a playmaker...from Larionov to Fedorov to Yzerman to Zetterberg...than added a guy who would go into the corners or in front of the net...Lapointe, McCarty, Holmstrom, for example. I think Prucha is better suited free lancing off the wing and getting setup for his shot. Put the top line followed by the properly created 2nd line, then bring out a Prucha/Cullen 3rd line with the proper RW (Jed's attitude with more offensive skill) and follow that with the the 4th of Hollweg, Betts and Ortmeyer, and you have four solid lines to roll out and a deeper lineup.

Old
01-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Edge

Quote:
I'm not keen on putting Prucha and Shanahan on the same line. If you get the right center, you just need a plugger on the other side, say a Hall or Hossa...just someone to go into the corners or go to the net. Shanahan has played for years like that in Detroit...playmaking center such as Fedorov, Yzerman, Larionov or such, while a Holmstrom, McCarty or even a Maltby from time to time, would be there to do the grunt work. Besides, Prucha and Cullen have seemed to have some chemistry together, as far back as the pre-season, from what I can remember.
I think maybe you can do that if you have a guy like Holmstrom, McCarty or Maltby but we don't have anything close to that. I just can't justify a Ward, Hall or Hossa placement on that line. I think there is a difference between a plugger and a guy who would essentially be a turd amongst diamonds.

I think you can have Prucha and Shanahan on the same line IF you have a playmaking center (or a guy who thinks pass first, shoot second). I think the problem with having Cullen between those guys is that Cullen is just not a playmaker. If you get a guy who can set up plays I really do believe there is more than enough offense to go around. I mean Prucha scored 30 goals last year and despite having a disaster of a sophmore season is still this teams best goal scoring option outside of about 3 players. Prucha is simply not a third line player and if this team insists on turning him into one they are hurting both themselves and him. Frankly I haven't seen much of any chemistry between Cullen and either Shanny or Pucha to be honest with you and I think that's a very big reason Prucha continues to flounder with Cullen.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 05:57 PM
In The Flesh

WHy is Pock available?, He's showing signs of life, like that he can play. Give him a chance. We get rid of Pock, thats ******* up.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I'm so sure they'll stand pat...but I'm begging for a big name dman or enforcer

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
It's too early too tell. A lot can happen over the next several weeks. This team could fall apart. They could get hot. Or they can be the muddled team they are now.

01-29-2007, 05:51 PM
dank

Conroy is gone to the Flames (for reference)

dank is offline   Reply With Quote