HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nattinen and Beaulieu Sent Down to Hamilton

Old
01-19-2014, 04:50 PM
PyrettaBlaze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Probably.

Somebody mentioned yesterday that it would save cash to do this so that's probably what happened here.
The only thing that's a little strange is that we don't play until Wednesday. They could've waited a little longer if they were that tight on cash.

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
The only thing that's a little strange is that we don't play until Wednesday. They could've waited a little longer if they were that tight on cash.
Maybe they have a practice tomorrow and they wanna work on the PP with him on it?

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 05:01 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Maybe they have a practice tomorrow and they wanna work on the PP with him on it?
Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Lshap

Very happy to hear Beaulieu's sticking around. This is the team Bergevin promised and the team I want to see -- the "Building through draft" team featuring our top prospects. Beaulieu showed flashes of skill last night that most of our D don't have on any night. Give him sheltered minutes, let him learn the ropes, allow his confidence to grow like it did with the other young guys. Sure, he'll make mistakes, but each mistake adds to his experience and brings him closer to NHL quality.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Puck moving is a serious issue, so you live with beaulieu's major drawbacks. They just need it that badly.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
If the 23-year-old Finnish forward's game is as strong as his sense of humour, that might be feasible. As it is, Nattinen is expected to skate on the fourth line with George Parros and Travis Moen, and coach Michel Therrien wants him to keep things simple.

"I'm sure he's going to be nervous," Therrien said. "That's normal. Make the percentage play, make sure he's going to focus on being in good position."

Nattinen, a third-round pick of the Habs in 2009, has five goals and six assists this season for their AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs. He thinks the coaching staff wants the same play out of him that he showed in Hamilton.

"He's got size (and) he's playing well defensively," Therrien said. "And we're looking forward to giving him his first chance in the NHL. ... Every time we play the Leafs on a Saturday night, you can't ask for better excitement."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=701214

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 08:23 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Puck moving is a serious issue, so you live with beaulieu's major drawbacks. They just need it that badly.
His major drawbacks are no where as near as apparent as Bouillon/Murray.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
His major drawbacks are no where as near as apparent as Bouillon/Murray.
Anything that gives either of those two less icetime is a good thing.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 11:03 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Anything that gives either of those two less icetime is a good thing.
Beaulieu comes in on the offense, creating odd number chances for the Habs and it helped their offense tremendously. They just need to insulate him better with someone other than Bouillon.

Maybe Markov-Subban, Emelin-Diaz, Beaulieu with Gorges.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Yes he fumbled the puck a couple of times behind the net, but what was important was how he reacted to it - he stayed between the defender and the net, and he worked hard to keep it from costing the team, he had one burst of speed in a tight area to get to the defender that sort of surprised me, he has the potential to be an aggressive defender. When the Cube coughs up the puck near the net now it's usually game over...either a goal or strong scoring chance is what ensues.

I think he brings more to the team than Bouillon now..but as long as MT is running the show....can't see much being done about it this season,.
Cheers! I'm all for whatever is better for Beaulieu's development...I want him to succeed...as long as he's getting decent minutes with our Habs 'cause anything under 12min won't be that good for his development/confidence, imo. Ice-time of 18-21minutes with Hamilton would be better. He had 15minutes VS Toronto (good ice-time). I thought they would only call up Beaulieu and/or Tinordi AFTER the trade deadline...I thought they wanted both to get as much ice-time/experience/confidence as possible before being called up again (after the beginning of the season when they both had a few ''cups of coffee''/games).

Beaulieu at right-side or left-side??!:
I just hope they paly Beaulieu at the LEFT side...unless he's good on the RIGHT side?? (I didn't observe what side he plays on with Hamilton...saw him only in a few televised games this season...he definitely flies out there with the Bulldogs!!).

Trade brewing?! (showcasing?):
one of Beaulieu, Diaz, Bouillon, Murray
(Drewiskie will be healthy in February or March?? are we ever going to have the chance to see if he could be good as a #6dman for us?!). If I'm the GM...you always have to think about injuries and D-depth...the more the better, imo.

J.Tinordi:
really looking forward to Tinordi becoming a regular...no more schmurf jokes! If Hal Gill once was good with PK Subban...I can J.Tinordi (one day) becoming a super partner for PK Subban.

Now:
Markov-PK Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Beaulieu-Diaz

OR

Beaulieu-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

It's funny how puck moving has become a problem when it was always a strength.

Oh, Diaz you've failed us.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 12:19 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
It's funny how puck moving has become a problem when it was always a strength.

Oh, Diaz you've failed us.
Basically this.

Diaz is our main POF

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote