HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

could toronto be a trade partner?

Old
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
BudBundy

vCash: 500
I would leap at the chance to trade Horcoff for Coliaicovo and Steen. Horcoff isn't worth $3.6M while I think those two Leaf kids have a lot of upside. Factor in salary swing and we have a better shot at retaining Smyth and maybe take a shot at Brad Stuart. I doubt it would ever happen, but I would take it in a heart beat.

BudBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
JonQuixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoll 16 View Post
I'm surprised at the response of most around here. I think I'd do that trade for sure. Steen is one of the better young forwards in the league and I think that might just give us the best young forward core in the entire league. Horcoff is overpaid by about a million I'd say and I'd rather the young blood of Steen. I don't have high hopes of Colaiacovo due to all his injuries and such but you never know what he could turn into
While disappointed so far with Horc's season, I don't think he's that overpaid and I think he's valuable to the team.

And I'd do that. I'd move him straight up for Steen. Wouldn't think twice, wouldn't hesitate for a second.

And that's why Toronto wouldn't. The only way JFJ moves Steen - who has, well, Steen upside - to the Oilers for Horcoff is if it procures a job for him with the Oilers after TML cans his ass almost immediately afterwards.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Would a horcoff for coliocavo and steen work for us? The savings allows us to sign Smyth. Steen is a legit nhl palyer and could easily be a competent 2nd / 3rd liner with the right linemates. Stoll would be our 1st line centre but he is pretty much our best right now anyways.
For you, yes. For us, HEELLLLLLL NO!

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
1) There is no Coliocavo playing for Toronto.

2) Carlo Colaiacovo is injury prone and hasn't turned out to be the defenseman that Toronto thought he was because of injuries.

3) Alex Steen is a 3rd line center at best, and we don't need another.

4) Why would Toronto want Horcoff @ $3.6M/yr.?

So this trade wouldn't benefit anyone.

Well, atleast you got #4 right. Steen a "3rd liner at best" is a joke. Colaiacovo right now is at worst a #4 defenseman. His only problem is the freak injuries that seem to follow him around.

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:01 PM
pox

Send a message via MSN to pox
i am morally opposed to any trade with Toronto unless we get away with theaft

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Caesium

vCash: 1040
We wouldn't trade Steen for Pronger, and you guys want us to trade him for Horcoff? Also, Colaiacovo is doing just fine, thanks.

Caesium is offline   Reply With Quote