HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Mogilny/Phaneuf

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Heater15

vCash: 500
Mogilny/Phaneuf

I was offered Dion Phaneuf for Mogilny and my 1st pick (possibly a top 10'er) I declined because it did not make any sense, I can see maybe my 1st and something for Phaneuf but to toss Almo in was dumb.

I counter offered with this:
Mogilny, Chistov, Orpik
for
Phaneuf, Stoll, something he wants to add

The way I look at it Chistov and Orpik more than = Phaneuf...and Mogilny for Stoll is a good deal for him (that's kind of why I want him to add something)

However I am pretty sure, basing my opinion on the offer he gave me, that he will not add anything else, so would you do the deal as is (without him offering anything else...JUST Stoll and Phaneuf)

I have a young team so keep that in mind.

Thanks
Heater15

Old
01-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
I was offered Dion Phaneuf for Mogilny and my 1st pick (possibly a top 10'er) I declined because it did not make any sense, I can see maybe my 1st and something for Phaneuf but to toss Almo in was dumb.

Mogilny, Chistov, Orpik
for

The way I look at it Chistov and Orpik more than = Phaneuf...and Mogilny for Stoll is a good deal for him (that's kind of why I want him to add something)

However I am pretty sure, basing my opinion on the offer he gave me, that he will not add anything else, so would you do the deal as is (without him offering anything else...JUST Stoll and Phaneuf)

Thanks
Heater15
First off I need a little more info on your team and league. But otherwise, I would not do the deal.

Old
01-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
First off I need a little more info on your team and league. But otherwise, I would not do the deal.
Agreed. Just from what you typed, I wouldn't do that.

Old
01-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Puckz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15

Mogilny, Chistov, Orpik
for

Thanks
Heater15
You need Phaneuf on your team, I would bet everyone will want him once he's in the league, give it 5 years and he'll be priceless. May seem like a lot to give up right now but trust me it should be a solid investment. Although I will say you are getting taken on this deal, if you can get something better than Stoll back jump on it, if you can get something extra, a pick go for it, but with the current deal, tough call... Ask for an upgrade on Stoll and throw in a low pick maybe? Just see if you can upgrade on Stoll, lemme know what happens too, interested in hearing Phaneuf's market value right now.

Old
01-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Heater15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckz
You need Phaneuf on your team, I would bet everyone will want him once he's in the league, give it 5 years and he'll be priceless. May seem like a lot to give up right now but trust me it should be a solid investment. Although I will say you are getting taken on this deal, if you can get something better than Stoll back jump on it, if you can get something extra, a pick go for it, but with the current deal, tough call... Ask for an upgrade on Stoll and throw in a low pick maybe? Just see if you can upgrade on Stoll, lemme know what happens too, interested in hearing Phaneuf's market value right now.
He said he would add Jason Williams or else a 3rd round pick. Another offer was Brent Burns straight up for Mogilny. Another offer was Jeff Tambellini, Bryan Allen, and Alex Daigle for Mogilny and Bryan Marchment.

I have guys like St. Louis, Kovalchuk, Bertuzzi, Kotalik, Spezza, Upshall, Staal, Eminger, Hamhuis, Niedermayer, Lalime, MA Fleury, Exelby...so it's a fairly young team and I'm more than positive Phaneuf's value is going to be extremely high. As for Stoll, he was the reason why Edmonton could afford to let go of Marchant. he hasn't recieved ample play time but with an injury to York he might get more ice time. And from what I've seen from live games, besides Torres, Stoll has often been one of the better players. The deal I like best is with Phaneuf, Stoll, 3rd (I'm not sold on Williams in Det)

thanks
Heater15

Old
01-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Puckz

Yeah, I'd pull the trigger on Phaneuf, Stoll and a 3rd... I agree with Stoll being an up and comer, but I guess what I was getting at is if he would have upgraded significantly. Also I agree with your choice of a 3rd rounder over Williams.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Heater15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckz
Yeah, I'd pull the trigger on Phaneuf, Stoll and a 3rd... I agree with Stoll being an up and comer, but I guess what I was getting at is if he would have upgraded significantly. Also I agree with your choice of a 3rd rounder over Williams.
Thanks for all your help. Ill pull the trigger on the Stoll, Phaneuf, 3rd deal. im extremely high on Phaneuf, and like you said, his value is going to be enormous in a few years. And he'll get time to develop especially with Calgary's defense being fairly solid.

Closed Thread