HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Today I... (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Ozz

vCash: 500
WOW - and half my team this season was complaining about the mere couple hundred each we pay when we get a 2-team discount - and that includes 12 games + 1 guaranteed playoff game

Old
01-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Malarowski

Our cost here is about $300 a person for 11 games + 2 clinics. Seems on par with most other people's cost. For a team of 15 this comes out to 4500 for 11 games or roughly 12-13k for 30.

Old
01-15-2014, 06:10 PM
BlueJazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
WOW - and half my team this season was complaining about the mere couple hundred each we pay when we get a 2-team discount - and that includes 12 games + 1 guaranteed playoff game
$200 for 13 games sounds amazing. That's like $15 a game. That's considered a good price for a shinny around here. Breaking down league fees will vary depending on how many guys you get on the roster, but most beer leagues around here work out to $25-30/game.

Michael

Old
01-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?

We were at one rink that was about $20 a game with the team fee and 13 skaters. Just moved to another rink that is above $25.

Old
01-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
$200 for 13 games sounds amazing. That's like $15 a game. That's considered a good price for a shinny around here. Breaking down league fees will vary depending on how many guys you get on the roster, but most beer leagues around here work out to $25-30/game.

Michael
Yea, definitely. The discount negotiations help pricing a lot, between the two teams we often save $500-1000 per season spread throughout all players. Of course, we spend more overall but we also play twice as much

Old
01-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?

Today was the second game we played at a new rink after switching. New rink is much bigger than the rink we had played at for 3 years. Our first game was rough, just not used to the extra space and softer ice.

We went down 0-3 in the first but never quite felt out of it. The overall play was better but still not as much of a team game. We talked a lot about just winning the next period and taking it from there. Got to be 1-4 and then we flipped the script and started putting actual plays together and slowing it down. Ended up winning 5-4 on a PP goal with a minute left.

I usually jump between defense and forward depending on who shows up. Wing is probably my best position but I play an offensive d role well when my head is on straight. I ended up a -2 but was on the ice for the final PP goal and several chances. One minus was an absolute snipe and another was a breakdown in coverage. A third goal was me assuming I had help from a forward and pressures a guy at the offensive blue line only to discover a forward didn't cover for our other d guy. Lots to learn from which is good.

Definitely played conservative defensively and have more spots to use my speed to jump into plays offensively. I also need to pick my head up and look for those shot pass lanes offensively.

Old
01-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Ozz

2 games in a row w/different teams. Won both 8-2 (2g3a), 6-3 (2g, 1a after coming back from being down 3-0 in the first).

It wouldn't have been too bad but I played both back to back with not even 3 minutes between 'em. Second team had a short bench too, of course. I missed about 5 golden opportunities than any other time would've gone in. Played extremely well but couldn't finish until late in the game when I finally racked up 3 points :lmao:

Old
01-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
$7,395 for 20 games plus playoffs that we never make. Tack on another $925 for the fall tournament that we got our butts kicked in and another $1,500 or so for coached practices and scrimmages this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilega View Post
$8,120 per team at the Toyota Sports Center (or $595 per individual player): 20 games plus top 4 teams in playoffs.

http://www.toyotasportscenter.com/pa...3-adult-hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
ASHL out here is $11,250 for the winter season. Though that's 28 games + 2 guaranteed playoffs. Still a big chunk of change.
Comparing those three:

AHA = $23.11 per skate
Toyota = $25.38 per skate
ASHL = $23.44 per skate

The other league I'm switching to is more laid back, more like semi-organized pickup than actual rec league, but it's about $160 for 12 games, which is $13.33 per skate. That's run time clock though, but you're still coming out ahead.

Old
01-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Ozz

Three games today:

4g2a, 8-4 win
0g2a, 7-0 win
1g1a, 6-5 SO loss

Old
01-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
2016 Blues bandwagon

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Three games today:

4g2a, 8-4 win
0g2a, 7-0 win
1g1a, 6-5 SO loss
Damn, you must be in shape. How tired are you ?

Old
01-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
Damn, you must be in shape. How tired are you ?
I'm happy to be watching TV on the couch, but I could've gone again if I had to. I'm a fitness freak so if I'm not at the rink I'm at the gym keeping it going. At 32 and playing with guys as young as 18, they think I'm nearly their age. That's a good sign!

Old
01-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
2016 Blues bandwagon

Quote:
I'm happy to be watching TV on the couch, but I could've gone again if I had to. I'm a fitness freak so if I'm not at the rink I'm at the gym keeping it going. At 32 and playing with guys as young as 18, they think I'm nearly their age. That's a good sign!
Well I'm 17, but I'd be lying dead if I played 3 games or more in a single day. Keep up the good work !

Old
01-20-2014, 11:10 AM
PlamsUnlimited
Get in the Boat Pls

vCash: 476
Friend called me to complain how they lost a playoff match. This is the same team that did me dirty so I kind of figured it was the same group of people that didn't like playing defense. Kind of annoys me as a more defensive minded/grinding sort of player because when asked if they backchecked and blocked shooting lanes, he went "well not really, our game is run and gun." you know why you lost now.

Old
01-20-2014, 12:41 PM
TLow97

Got the W last night, 4-2 against my old team from last year. They played us tough, but we made some mistakes.

A couple of us D-men like to rush the puck a bit, and do it successfully (not necessarily always ending in a goal, but doing so w/o turning the puck over). Problem is, one of our lines seems to be all about offense and does not have a wing cover the point. Happened the game before, and happened four times last night. I got a little annoyed.

We haven't lost since November and it'd be kind of cool to keep the streak going.

Old
01-20-2014, 12:51 PM
thevil
Lets go Aves?

Playing the last game of a tourny today, we're 1-1-1 in the 3 games already played, but we are already out because only the #1 seed in each division moves on and the #1 seed right now is 3-0 . But whatever, the game we won yesterday was the first game I have won as I am a rookie, but the first my team has won this season or in a tourny, so that's good I guess...

Also, one of my teammates dad told my parents that he wants me transfer schools to play JV, which he coaches I believe. I just thought it was funny that of all the players on our team, he picked me, the rookie . It's nice he thought that though.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Played against the 3rd ranked team in the league today (we're in last place) and we were up quickly 5 to 1. Second period rolls around and they start getting really chippy, but the refs won't call any penalties and flat out said to one of our players that "that's what you get" and pointed at the score. Meanwhile they are calling everything against us which allows the other team to literally score 4 powerplay goals. The game got a bit out of hand at that point and there was nearly a fight at the end, but it was pretty frustrating to watch as they got away with pretty much everything just because were up 4 on them.

Anyway the game ended in a tie, and I got my first 3 point night ever (goal, two assists) but I came away less than satisfied with the way the game went. Pretty frustrating.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
2016 Blues bandwagon

Today, we extended our winning streak to 15 (out of 15 games). We won 2-0, but we should have crushed them. To be fair, we played 6 games in 7 days (played in a tournament), and fatigue is restraining us from flat out dominating like we should.

Anyway, the second period ended, and no one had found the back of the net on either side. We went up 1-0 thanks to a great individual effort from a guy who returned from an injury.
Then, I got a 2-on-1, fed a beautiful backhand pass to my teammate who proceeded to put it top shelf.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:41 PM
Mikey 48
Still D.R.E.J.

Last night I played LW for the second and third periods (I'm usually a defenceman). I was pretty terrible, but I tried my best on the forecheck. Didn't get any points, but we won 7-4 so it was a good time.

Old
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Won a game against a decent-to-good team for the first time this year! We are 2-9-0 I think. Had two goals. I'm 7-4-11 in 11 games now.

Sounds like we are going to try and move a couple of the weaker skaters off defense and up to forward and move one of our strong players back to defense. I may end up playing a game or two on D for the first time in a couple years.

Old
01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Lonny Bohonos
$15mil Mentor-pede

Won a good gritty game tonight 8-7. We played well with only 2 spares and a few of our best players missing the other team had only 2 spares as well but most of their best players.

It was looking like a big win as we were up 8-4 but we gave up 3 quick goals by being stupid but the rest of the game we played well.

Ended up with 1g and 3 nice helpers so felt good to be part of the win in significant way.

Old
01-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Ozz

4g in a 10-4 win. I tried not to do much against this team and was playing D instead of my usual F, but these just came to me. Two wide open rebounds, a breakaway, and a top corner wrister from above the circles.

On the breakaway I slowed down and stickhandled quickly before giving a quick five hole shot a la Patrick Kane (wanted to give him a good chance to stop it as opposed to just blowing by him at this point). Goalie came up to me afterward and said how great that was because it was something he never faces in a game. For the long wrister I didn't even look at the net, just received the pass entering the zone and decided to go far corner. He didn't play it right to have been in the way, so in it went anyway.

Old
01-22-2014, 08:15 PM
PlamsUnlimited
Get in the Boat Pls

vCash: 476
Quote:
4g in a 10-4 win. I tried not to do much against this team and was playing D instead of my usual F, but these just came to me. Two wide open rebounds, a breakaway, and a top corner wrister from above the circles.

On the breakaway I slowed down and stickhandled quickly before giving a quick five hole shot a la Patrick Kane (wanted to give him a good chance to stop it as opposed to just blowing by him at this point). Goalie came up to me afterward and said how great that was because it was something he never faces in a game. For the long wrister I didn't even look at the net, just received the pass entering the zone and decided to go far corner. He didn't play it right to have been in the way, so in it went anyway.
What? teach me your ways, to this grinder. I have 7g in 21 games and 11 assists. 68 PIMs

Old
01-22-2014, 11:42 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Comparing those three:

AHA = $23.11 per skate
Toyota = $25.38 per skate
ASHL = $23.44 per skate

The other league I'm switching to is more laid back, more like semi-organized pickup than actual rec league, but it's about $160 for 12 games, which is $13.33 per skate. That's run time clock though, but you're still coming out ahead.
Other league Hockeyfinder?

Old
01-23-2014, 09:20 AM
TheGreatOutlaw

Played a beer league game where we already clinched 1st place and the week before the playoffs. WE dominated the game, had the puck, out shot them 3-1 at least, but their goalie stood on his head. We ended up losing 3-0 with one goal being an EN. In the line up a guy on their team yells out go play in the C league. It is laughable because their whole team got rolled. The goalie saved them, and our goalie let in two soft goals. We play them next week in the playoffs and I can't wait to show this Richard Sherman impersonator how much of a joke the game was.

Old
01-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Other league Hockeyfinder?
Yep. I played there last year and had a lot of fun.

Closed Thread