HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

real pm9 curve

Old
01-19-2014, 10:07 PM
danglesnipecelle

vCash: 500
real pm9 curve

I have been using the pm9 (stamkos,cammallari,burrows,couterier etc..) curve for a while and I was wondering which players actually use this curve or a similar one because I am pretty sure that stamkos doesn't use as I have seen a pro stock stamkos. But I was wondering if burrows actually does use has he often utilizes his backhand and skates low to the ice which is good for the pm9 curve has the lie is low and the curve isn't that deep. anyways just something to think about

danglesnipecelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Allez les Bleus!

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by danglesnipecelle View Post
I have been using the pm9 (stamkos,cammallari,burrows,couterier etc..) curve for a while and I was wondering which players actually use this curve or a similar one because I am pretty sure that stamkos doesn't use as I have seen a pro stock stamkos. But I was wondering if burrows actually does use has he often utilizes his backhand and skates low to the ice which is good for the pm9 curve has the lie is low and the curve isn't that deep. anyways just something to think about
It's way more complicated than that. NHL players sometimes use multiple curves, for different game situations (5-on-5, PP, penalty shot/shootout). Stamkos' pro stock curves look more like the P92 if I'm not mistaken.

Eazy for Kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 10:38 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
It's way more complicated than that. NHL players sometimes use multiple curves, for different game situations (5-on-5, PP, penalty shot/shootout). Stamkos' pro stock curves look more like the P92 if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah it's close to P92.

Actually, a fair amount of pros use that curve or tweaked versions of it. The names on the sticks are for marketing and if they do use their namesake curve, it's coincidence.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 01:02 PM
goonx

What these guys said.

Also pros often get their own custom mold for their sticks or blow torch their curve. Sponsored by million dollar companies ofc.

They also get unlimited supply for those top players. Some might even use "stealth" sticks. AKA repainted Bauer or Easton disguised as Bauer.

Honestly the only thing these companies care about is using the names to market and sell their product.

goonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 01:53 PM
AIREAYE

They don't cross-brand sticks. It'll never be an Easton disguised as a Bauer for example, let's make that clear.

Old
01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Allez les Bleus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Yeah it's close to P92.

Actually, a fair amount of pros use that curve or tweaked versions of it. The names on the sticks are for marketing and if they do use their namesake curve, it's coincidence.
Pros are like us, they grew up using certain retail curves, when they get to customize their own curve, it generally looks like the retail curve they used before.

Old
01-20-2014, 07:39 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
Pros are like us, they grew up using certain retail curves, when they get to customize their own curve, it generally looks like the retail curve they used before.
Exactly. The previous 'generation' of pros seemed to enjoy more heel curves like the Drury. Now, with more people growing up with latter day retail curves, you start to see more P92s and Iginlas and toe curves.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Allez les Bleus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Exactly. The previous 'generation' of pros seemed to enjoy more heel curves like the Drury. Now, with more people growing up with latter day retail curves, you start to see more P92s and Iginlas and toe curves.
God I hate the heel wedges like the P91A, but I can't get enough of the big toe curves like the P08, P92 and to a lesser extent, the P14.

Old
01-21-2014, 03:09 AM
mikitas donut
Flowers of Antimony

I seem to be the only player in my team that likes a heel curve. Sher-Wood seems to be phasing out the Ryan on intermediates, so I may switch to the Ryan II. I think it's basically a P88.

mikitas donut is offline   Reply With Quote