Old
01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

vCash: 500
Providence's Krejci has the vision

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=288145

nice article on our own David Krejci.

Don't bother bringing him up now though.... it would be a waste.

gvkmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
for some crazy reason, I was expecting to see he was finally called up

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Bruinsfolife

So he's a playmaker... B's need to bring up a finisher. The only offensive guy they brought up was Stastny and they traded him so what's the big deal in bringing a young gun up? 6 points out of 8th place it may provide them a boost.

Also, lately I cringe seeing the Primeau line out there for half the game.

Bruinsfolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvkmedia View Post
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=288145

nice article on our own David Krejci.

Don't bother bringing him up now though.... it would be a waste.
I don't think it's ever a waste to bring up a kid. Sure, he'll suffer a loss with the team, but he sure as hell wouldn't bare any responsibility for it. He comes up, plays 8-12 minutes, gets a taste of the NHL speed/game, gets a feel for the physical play, the skill level and the intensity, then he can go back down and know what he needs to improve on to make it back. From a Bruins perspective, they lost a game they probably would have anyway had Hoggan, Mowers, Tenkrat, Chistov been in the lineup instead, they get a first impression on how a kid who is tearing up the AHL might do in the NHL, they have an opportunity to showcase a young prospect for potential trades, and they get a better overall picture of how the future looks.

What's wasted in bringing up any kid from Providence?

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Jason010304

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
I don't think it's ever a waste to bring up a kid. Sure, he'll suffer a loss with the team, but he sure as hell wouldn't bare any responsibility for it. He comes up, plays 8-12 minutes, gets a taste of the NHL speed/game, gets a feel for the physical play, the skill level and the intensity, then he can go back down and know what he needs to improve on to make it back. From a Bruins perspective, they lost a game they probably would have anyway had Hoggan, Mowers, Tenkrat, Chistov been in the lineup instead, they get a first impression on how a kid who is tearing up the AHL might do in the NHL, they have an opportunity to showcase a young prospect for potential trades, and they get a better overall picture of how the future looks.

I agree, its not like your asking him to jump in and make a huge impact (like the red sox bringing up a young pitcher to close out games), your asking him to take some regular shifts with two other guys..its not like they would be putting him out their by himself where he's noticeable.....he doesnt have the game on his shoulders, hes just another guy.....

Jason010304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:45 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Very good read on Krejci. Can't help but get excited about this kid. I'd really like to see him get a shot this year. Chiarelli should definitely take a look to see if maybe he can slot in as soon as next season.

If 3-4 of Krejci, Kalus, Karsums, Versteeg, Chistov, Kessel, Walter, Pelletier can become NHL regulars (and good ones at that), the Bruins have a bright bright future ahead. Something akin to the Buffalo Sabres of today.

Kessel is pretty much a shoe-in. Chistov is half way there. Krejci and Versteeg are turning heads in the AHL.

Dare I say the future looks bright for Boston?

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Precocious youth is the theme among the P-Bruins this season. The team has 14 players 23 or under, and six no older than 20. The Bruins' top two lines consist of four rookies and two second-year players.

How freakin sweet is this??? Can't wait to get rid of some of the current stiffs wearing the spoked B to give these kids a chance...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Jason010304

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Precocious youth is the theme among the P-Bruins this season. The team has 14 players 23 or under, and six no older than 20. The Bruins' top two lines consist of four rookies and two second-year players.

How freakin sweet is this??? Can't wait to get rid of some of the current stiffs wearing the spoked B to give these kids a chance...
Not to mention, some of these guys in th Providence uniform are well respected prospects.....Thats not even counting Rask in Finland

Old
01-29-2007, 03:42 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

I've been to 2 P Bruins games this year and both game Krejci was amazing. I hope the kid makes it to the show soon because he seem's like he is going to be a great player. Also next year hopefully he will be are full time 3rd line center.

13Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
OntheBorder555

Too bad Lewis doesn't "have the vision"...

OntheBorder555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
you know, our AHL team was AWFUL last year. we didn't have many good prospects at all. Gordon even says that Krejci is better than any center we had last year.

It's no surprise Boston is lacking this year. We didn't really have anyone to make the jump (besides Kessel)

You see Buffalo has a great team right now but Rochester has been amazing for the past few years so it's no surprise. Hopefully our youngins get a chance to contribute in Boston next year (and maybe this year of Mowers gets out of Lewis's pants)

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Very good read on Krejci. Can't help but get excited about this kid. I'd really like to see him get a shot this year. Chiarelli should definitely take a look to see if maybe he can slot in as soon as next season.

If 3-4 of Krejci, Kalus, Karsums, Versteeg, Chistov, Kessel, Walter, Pelletier can become NHL regulars (and good ones at that), the Bruins have a bright bright future ahead. Something akin to the Buffalo Sabres of today.

Kessel is pretty much a shoe-in. Chistov is half way there. Krejci and Versteeg are turning heads in the AHL.

Dare I say the future looks bright for Boston?
Every team can say that and every team wants to be the the new Buffalo Sabres but odds are that won't happen.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
8baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfolife View Post
So he's a playmaker... B's need to bring up a finisher. The only offensive guy they brought up was Stastny and they traded him so what's the big deal in bringing a young gun up? 6 points out of 8th place it may provide them a boost.

Also, lately I cringe seeing the Primeau line out there for half the game.
Stastny was no offence guy,He did nothing.I have better hands around the net then him.

8baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
8baby*

Quote:

They better not trade him.This kid is a Dave Poulin type player,Trust me on this one,He will be a very solid 2 way player for years to come.Martins Karsums ,I saw play lots of times is a pure goal scorer.They better not trade him either.

Old
01-29-2007, 04:31 PM
8baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Every team can say that and every team wants to be the the new Buffalo Sabres but odds are that won't happen.
And they will,Bruins should look to trade for more young talent.Fatten up the cat! I agree with you man!

Old
01-29-2007, 05:29 PM
since76

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheBorder555 View Post
Too bad Lewis doesn't "have the vision"...

since76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
since76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
you know, our AHL team was AWFUL last year. we didn't have many good prospects at all. Gordon even says that Krejci is better than any center we had last year.

It's no surprise Boston is lacking this year. We didn't really have anyone to make the jump (besides Kessel)

You see Buffalo has a great team right now but Rochester has been amazing for the past few years so it's no surprise. Hopefully our youngins get a chance to contribute in Boston next year (and maybe this year of Mowers gets out of Lewis's pants)
NO WAY LEWIS will let that happen!!!
no young player here!!!
But hey....the good new is LEWIS will not be here

since76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Jason010304

Quote:
Originally Posted by since76 View Post
no young player here!!!
I realize LEWIS is against "working in " youngsters, but in order to succeed in the Salary cap system, a team must draft and develop it's own talent....

I realize he spent years in Detroit, an organization who dominated the free agent market in the late 90's through the lockout, but he needs to realize that isn't the case anymore.............Contenders can't be built solely through free agency, they must also be built through the draft or slick trading as well................

Old
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by since76 View Post
no young player here!!!
How many times were we positive MOC was a goner before he got canned? Sullivan? Sinden??

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Shinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

It's amazing to me that such a young group can also have the success they are having. Earlier in the season it seemed they were mirroring the big club--rapidly dropping in the standings. Now they've climbed back into it (with some questionable goaltending at times); currently third in their division. Nice to see they must be a resilient, coachable group that gives a hoot about winning.

Great read on Krejci. Loved the part about how he can make plays in tight spaces.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Nice story. Krejci definitely has that Midas touch. But until the NHL coach is ready to actaully use him rather than put him on a line with Jeff Hoggan and Shean Donovan, he's better off where he is.

He'll one day be a hockey Rumpelstiltskin for the Bruins: spinning pucks into goals.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 11:09 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Nice story. Krejci definitely has that Midas touch. But until the NHL coach is ready to actaully use him rather than put him on a line with Jeff Hoggan and Shean Donovan, he's better off where he is.

He'll one day be a hockey Rumpelstiltskin for the Bruins: spinning pucks into goals.
Kirk, I know you were very disappointed in Krejci's performance in camp this year, given the good things you had heard about him going in.

Was it just a matter of getting acclimated to the pro game that slowed him down in your opinion, or something else?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote