HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the HELL is going on with Henrik Lundqvist?

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
2 weeks doesn't fix an entire season.
He is about 1-2 good games away from having stats comparable with many of his earlier seasons.

By the end of the year, he very reasonably could be back up to above .920 and below 2.40 if he keeps this up.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
He is about 1-2 good games away from having stats comparable with many of his earlier seasons.

By the end of the year, he very reasonably could be back up to above .920 and below 2.40 if he keeps this up.
"IF"--> the biggest word in the English language despite being only 2 letters long. As for stats, stats are like bikinis. You see a lot, but you don't see everything.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Its a nice platitude. I don't even disagree with you. But remember, this isn't the first year Lundqvist struggled. He had that year that he was letting a bunch of goals in from behind the net, that year where when he wasn't shutting out the opposition he was letting 4+ goals in, ect.

When it comes down to it, if we are to consider this Lundqvist's worst year ever, the stats at the end are going to indicate why he is considered the league's most consistent.

Guys like Quick, Miller, Thomas, when they have a bad year the sv% drops to practically below .900 for the whole season.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:02 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
2 weeks doesn't fix an entire season.
He's been elite in January, and he had a couple of stinkers in November but had a .925 save % as a whole.

His December was godawful.

Frankly put, even this ****** season, given how great he's been in January, Hank has had more good games than bad ones.

He's had more good months this season than bad ones.

Love HFNYR overreactions.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
False, incl. last. I suggest we get back to this when facts are available. If Lundqvist comes back from Sochi w/o injury and Talbot will back him up in playoffs (not the other way), then you will have me eat the crow of your choice.
Why would you feel validated if Lundqvist gets injured at the Olympics? What does that prove?

And you really think there's a chance that Hank is the backup in the playoffs? Good lord.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:23 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He's been elite in January, and he had a couple of stinkers in November but had a .925 save % as a whole.

His December was godawful.

Frankly put, even this ****** season, given how great he's been in January, Hank has had more good games than bad ones.

He's had more good months this season than bad ones.

Love HFNYR overreactions.
It is not an overreaction. In most of his games this season, he has been outplayed by the opposing netmider.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
It is not an overreaction. In most of his games this season, he has been outplayed by the opposing netmider.
The NY Rangers have, by a significant portion, the worst shooting percentage in the league as a team. I think Florida may be close, but that's it.

So that may simply say more about the team taking the shots than who is the better netminder.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The NY Rangers have, by a significant portion, the worst shooting percentage in the league as a team. I think Florida may be close, but that's it.

So that may simply say more about the team taking the shots than who is the better netminder.
To me, bad shot percentage is : Bad places to pick to shoot that don't generate scoring opportunity. For this team at least. Sure they run into some hot goalies sometimes, but mostly I think it's cause our guys suck at shooting and can't finish as well as other teams.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

So much Lundqvist hate lol

Old
01-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
The guy is one of the best players Ive had the pleasure of watching. I dont know where the hate comes from. How does this board constantly drool over players like Zuccarello and Kreider, and then hate on Lundqvist?

The Rangers have been pretty fortunate as an organization when it comes to their goaltending. Some of these folks need to experience a huge question mark in net to truly appreciate what Lundqvist has given them.

Old
01-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The guy is one of the best players Ive had the pleasure of watching. I dont know where the hate comes from. How does this board constantly drool over players like Zuccarello and Kreider, and then hate on Lundqvist?

The Rangers have been pretty fortunate as an organization when it comes to their goaltending. Some of these folks need to experience a huge question mark in net to truly appreciate what Lundqvist has given them.
I look at Philly and cringe regarding goalies. I look at Edmonton and vomit at goaltending there.... You're correct... Hank is awesome and really doesn't deserve the unwarranted hate around here. Criticism fine, hate no.

Old
01-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Why would you feel validated if Lundqvist gets injured at the Olympics? What does that prove?

And you really think there's a chance that Hank is the backup in the playoffs? Good lord.

There's no bigger supporter of The Bot than me, but anyone who thinks he'll be starting over Lundqvist in the playoffs is smoking something really good.

Old
01-20-2014, 09:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Yes, it was.

The drivel around here went far beyond criticizing Hank for having a serious slump for the first time in his career.

Old
01-20-2014, 09:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
Yeah, I'm torn between finding it hilarious and detestable. But most people are of limited intelligence, so I guess I shouldn't find it surprising.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Clausewitz

He's been playing excellently for a while. His demeanor and frequent smiling suggest confidence and comfort. I don't see a reason to expect regression.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
This is hockeysfuture forum, Hank is on the wrong side of 30 and there is a younger new toy in Talbot. There are many posters here just obsessed with younger players who feel anyone above 27 years old is on the decline and should be moved out for draft picks/prospects.

Check the post game thread posts here if you don't believe me, after a loss there are many more posters posting so they can display their tank agenda compared to cheering after wins.

Old
01-21-2014, 07:48 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, I'm torn between finding it hilarious and detestable. But most people are of limited intelligence, so I guess I shouldn't find it surprising.

I found it detestable to begin with but now it's kind of amusing.

Old
01-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
This is hockeysfuture forum, Hank is on the wrong side of 30 and there is a younger new toy in Talbot. There are many posters here just obsessed with younger players who feel anyone above 27 years old is on the decline and should be moved out for draft picks/prospects.

Check the post game thread posts here if you don't believe me, after a loss there are many more posters posting so they can display their tank agenda compared to cheering after wins.
I wish I could, but I find the game threads and the post-game threads to be a cesspool of knee-jerk idiocy.

Old
01-23-2014, 10:25 AM
94now

Quote:

That how Hank got back from Torino games. I expect his decline in March-April, hence the chance. Lundqvist may win Vezina next season, but this one is a wreck. My only point is that it could have been by design.

Old
01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
That how Hank got back from Torino games. I expect his decline in March-April, hence the chance. Lundqvist may win Vezina next season, but this one is a wreck. My only point is that it could have been by design.
Thanks for clarifying. Its as nonsensical as I originally thought.

Old
01-23-2014, 10:56 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. Its as nonsensical as I originally thought.
Indeed.

Old
01-23-2014, 11:14 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Wow. Unreal that people can actually conceive opinions like this.

Old
01-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Heningway

Quote:
The stupidity of your reasoning when it comes to Hank and the Olympics in this thread is unparalleled. How can you even think that an Olympic medal would mean more to him than a SC, especially when he's already got one!

Old
01-24-2014, 10:59 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Quote:

I was thinking the other day, what happens if the Rangers face the Canadiens at some point in the playoffs? Would Talbot get all games in Montreal? It's just that Lundqvist really is that bad in Montreal for unknown reasons.

Old
01-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I was thinking the other day, what happens if the Rangers face the Canadiens at some point in the playoffs? Would Talbot get all games in Montreal? It's just that Lundqvist really is that bad in Montreal for unknown reasons.
Did you win the lottery or something? You know those commercials "What would you think about if....?"

Because thats a wild thing to think about. When has rotating goaltender in the playoffs ever worked?

Closed Thread