HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2014, 12:34 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
To anyone who cares (which I'm sure is everyone), I got the boxes I ordered the other day. Got some pretty nice cards.

From the Pinnacle box I got a Mike Richards game used patch 3/30, a Jon Toews game jersey, and a Henrik Lundqvist autograph.

From the box of "all-goalies" I got a Mike Smith jersey card.

From the Leaf cut signature box I got Curt Simmons. Pretty cool card. Never heard of him but I looked him up and he actually played for the Phillies from 1947-1960 and was a three time all-star for them. Still alive at 84 years old.

Old
01-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Wonder if any lakes are frozen around here. Could go for a nice skate out in the wild tonight if I find one. I have never played pond hockey or even skated on an out door pond. Stupid global warming lol.

Old
01-08-2014, 03:21 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Wonder if any lakes are frozen around here. Could go for a nice skate out in the wild tonight if I find one. I have never played pond hockey or even skated on an out door pond. Stupid global warming lol.
Pond hockey is the best. It was only cold enough for skating one day last year IIRC, at least for me. I live in West Chester.

There are 4 or 5 places I can skate, unfortunately work takes up most if not all of the daylight.

01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Pond hockey is the best. It was only cold enough for skating one day last year IIRC, at least for me. I live in West Chester.

There are 4 or 5 places I can skate, unfortunately work takes up most if not all of the daylight.
I know of one lake, Silver Lake, a little bit away from me where people use to play all the time. Shoot my father used to play pond hockey on the lake in the winters. I might go check it out. Will be a little worrisome with the dark and all, but could be a nice night out on the lake. If not tonight then maybe tomorrow, but it's getting above freezing tomorrow.

Old
01-08-2014, 03:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Depending on where you live there's some fishing ponds called the hatchtrees by Linden Ave & State Rd in the Torresdale seaction of NE Philly. They're maybe like a foot or two high & usually freeze up pretty easily.

I used to play pond hockey there all the time as a kid.

Old
01-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Depending on where you live there's some fishing ponds called the hatchtrees by Linden Ave & State Rd in the Torresdale seaction of NE Philly. They're maybe like a foot or two high & usually freeze up pretty easily.

I used to play pond hockey there all the time as a kid.
I know exactly where that is and it's right around the corner from my house. I might try there. Thank you. I seen them before though, they seems kinda small haha.

Old
01-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
I know exactly where that is and it's right around the corner from my house. I might try there. Thank you. I seen them before though, they seems kinda small haha.
Pretty much this, lol.

Although I've only fished there, I've never skated, so what do I know?

Old
01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Buccigross is on a RT kick on twitter showing off all the pics tweeted at him of people playing pond hockey in this weather. There was one in Marlton, NJ two days ago...and one of my former co-workers also from Marlton played pond hockey today.

Old
01-08-2014, 07:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Maybe from a distance but we used to play little small games because we only played with one net & goalie & there was plenty of room too me. Granted I haven't been there in 5+ years so my memory may be a little fuzzy on it but we played on the first pond to the right when you first walk in from the entrance on Linden Ave.

The water isn't very deep but good enough to lay a solid foundation down & freeze up fully.

Old
01-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I'll just leave this here.

01-13-2014, 01:02 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Swissy Swissy?

Kind of looks like Barry Trotz...

'Swiss Cheese Pervert' terrorizes Mayfair

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...s_Mayfair.html

Fetish expert says Philly's "Swiss Cheese Pervert" could be dangerous.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...angerous_.html

Old
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
The Couturier Effect

At first glance, I thought it was Rob Ford.

Old
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Prongo
Beer

I know someone who was a victim of his........ Nothing bad, he was just waving his swiss cheese around and saying inappropriate things. He had his pants on at least for that occasion.

Old
01-13-2014, 01:07 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

If I were an investigator I would be trying to track this perv down by casing the Deli's around that area.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Prongo
Beer

Looks like we could have a pretty strong winter storm coming our way. Right now many forecasts are about 4-6 inches, but you will likely see that going up with the latest runs. I95 corridor is the bullseye it looks like.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:52 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Wow... supposed to get a ton of snow at home, but only after I leave for work. And my place is one of the last places to get plowed... **** me...

Old
01-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Prongo
Beer

Seems like the guidance's are showing anywhere from .5-1.0' of precipitation. With the cold air the ratios are likely to be near 20-1. Could be a big storm. The runs showed this earlier in the week and then started to pull back. Now, a day before the storm it has blown up. Also there is an artic block up north that needs to be watched.

Old
01-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Wow... supposed to get a ton of snow at home, but only after I leave for work. And my place is one of the last places to get plowed... **** me...
One plus it will be light snow so not that bad for shoveling. It's not the heavy wet snow that usually accompanies nor'easters.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:05 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
One plus it will be light snow so not that bad for shoveling. It's not the heavy wet snow that usually accompanies nor'easters.
Doesn't help that, outside of being on 202 for about 5 or 6 minutes, it's all back roads.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Ok Weather people, What's the long range weather report for Super Bowl Sunday in New York?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Ok Weather people, What's the long range weather report for Super Bowl Sunday in New York?
Last time I saw it was 40 degrees and dry.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Last time I saw it was 40 degrees and dry.
I'll take it. I'm going so i'm preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:42 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I'll take it. I'm going so i'm preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.
I would like it to be cold and snowy, but nothing like PHI-DET from earlier this year. 20s with just enough snow that there is a light coating on the field. Little to no wind either. That would be my ideal conditions for the Super Bowl. Would suck for the fans at the stadium and probably the players, but that is what I would like sitting on my couch with a beer. Haha.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I would like it to be cold and snowy, but nothing like PHI-DET from earlier this year. 20s with just enough snow that there is a light coating on the field. Little to no wind either. That would be my ideal conditions for the Super Bowl. Would suck for the fans at the stadium and probably the players, but that is what I would like sitting on my couch with a beer. Haha.
I was hoping for a blizzard to end all blizzards for the longest time because I hate the idea that the NFL bent the rules to give New York a Super Bowl.

But...

Now that I found out i'm going I want some sort of "nice" weather. I was at the Lions game so I think i've already experienced the worst.

Old
01-20-2014, 11:53 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I was hoping for a blizzard to end all blizzards for the longest time because I hate the idea that the NFL bent the rules to give New York a Super Bowl.
I like the cold weather Super Bowl. I know that is an unpopular opinion but I like the idea of the game being played in an old-school situation. I get the idea behind the warm weather Super Bowl, but the cold weather every now and then I think is a good change of pace.

Quote:
But...

Now that I found out i'm going I want some sort of "nice" weather. I was at the Lions game so I think i've already experienced the worst.
That's different then. If I were going I probably wouldn't want treacherous conditions. Then again, would probably be a pretty cool story tell your grand kids that you went to the Super Bowl and it snowed like hell and you froze your ass off.

Closed Thread