HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the Wolf Pack Move from Hartford?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2007, 07:14 AM
  #1
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Will the Wolf Pack Move from Hartford?

I asked AHL President this question yesterday at the State of the AHL press conference. He said it will depend on which arena management group wins the bidding in Hartford, but admitted that a move has been considered. When I asked about Brooklyn, he said that he had already been to see the site and "its a very good location, but it needs alot of work." The fact that he had been there at all has to raise some questions about whether sometime in the near future the Rangers will not be putting their AHL team there.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:17 AM
  #2
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
I asked AHL President this question yesterday at the State of the AHL press conference. He said it will depend on which arena management group wins the bidding in Hartford, but admitted that he had already been to the Brooklyn site. When I asked about Brooklyn, he said "its a very good location, but it needs alot of work." The fact that he had been there at all has to raise some questions about whether sometime in the near future the Rangers will not be putting their AHL team there.
If I'm not mistaken, the NYR had recently been talked about as looking to move an ECHL team there. Not sure about both, but first it was AHL and then ECHL.

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ WEB
DRAFTBUZZ TWITTER
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:22 AM
  #3
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the NYR had recently been talked about as looking to move an ECHL team there. Not sure about both, but first it was AHL and then ECHL.

I had heard that too, but I wanted to update everyone on what was said yesterday in the press conference.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:24 AM
  #4
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 500
Does anybody think Brooklyn would ever get an NHL team to share the new arena with the Nets?

I know the Devils are getting a new arena, so thats not an option...

The Islanders? I dunno whats going on with the Stadium on the Island....

The Penguins will prob already have a new Arena in place by that time OR moved to K.C/Where ever....

I know In baseball the owners of each team have some kinda say on the area around the city.. something like 200 miles or something (i really have no idea, I just know its something around there)

anything like that in NHL?


Wolfpack in Brooklyn would be great though.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:41 AM
  #5
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Does anybody think Brooklyn would ever get an NHL team to share the new arena with the Nets?

I know the Devils are getting a new arena, so thats not an option...

The Islanders? I dunno whats going on with the Stadium on the Island....

The Penguins will prob already have a new Arena in place by that time OR moved to K.C/Where ever....

I know In baseball the owners of each team have some kinda say on the area around the city.. something like 200 miles or something (i really have no idea, I just know its something around there)

anything like that in NHL?


Wolfpack in Brooklyn would be great though.
The Pack in Brooklyn...A NASCAR track out east on LI...nice nice...

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:54 AM
  #6
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,808
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Does anybody think Brooklyn would ever get an NHL team to share the new arena with the Nets?

I know the Devils are getting a new arena, so thats not an option...

The Islanders? I dunno whats going on with the Stadium on the Island....

The Penguins will prob already have a new Arena in place by that time OR moved to K.C/Where ever....

I know In baseball the owners of each team have some kinda say on the area around the city.. something like 200 miles or something (i really have no idea, I just know its something around there)

anything like that in NHL?


Wolfpack in Brooklyn would be great though.
4 hockey team in the NYC area. Don't see that happening.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:42 AM
  #7
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
The Islanders? I dunno whats going on with the Stadium on the Island....
Here's the latest info I could find on the Isles' new arena. Looks like the progress is there, albeit pretty slow progress.

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/...ials-headlines

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
  #8
Hartford HockeyFan
Registered User
 
Hartford HockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
From what I understood the NY Rangers wanted to move their ECHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers there. This was so they could have their 2 minor league teams closer to home. One team in Brooklyn and the other in Hartford. I dont forsee the Rangers pulling the plug on the Wolf Pack. They have been successful their and are working well with the CDA. My guess is that if any team were to move to Brooklyn it would be the Charlotte Checkers and not the Hartford Wolf Pack.

Hartford HockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 01:45 PM
  #9
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I really think minor league hockey in New York would be a great idea. There are alot of families who can't afford to go to a Rangers game and this would help them out alot. I know people will say that this is a pro town...well, to them I simply point out the success of the Brooklyn Cyclones and Staten Island Yankees.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:57 PM
  #10
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I really think minor league hockey in New York would be a great idea. There are alot of families who can't afford to go to a Rangers game and this would help them out alot.
yes, i totally agree..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:57 PM
  #11
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,111
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Well from what I understand, there's a bid for the controlling rights of the Hartford Civic Center. If MSG wins they'll stay. I don't know what happens if one of the idiots who wants to bring the NHL back here wins.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 03:15 PM
  #12
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Id love the 'Pack in Brooklyn but dont know if it is feasable. Woulndt mind leaving Hartford. Maybe theres a chance they could end up in Cleveland in the spot vacated by the Sharks' team.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:19 PM
  #13
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Id love the 'Pack in Brooklyn but dont know if it is feasable. Woulndt mind leaving Hartford. Maybe theres a chance they could end up in Cleveland in the spot vacated by the Sharks' team.
Nope -- the Lake Erie Monsters will be filling that spot next season. Gilbert (the owner of the Cavs) bought the dormant former Utah franchise, and will activate them as a 'Lanche affiliate for the 2007-08 season.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
  #14
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartford HockeyFan View Post
From what I understood the NY Rangers wanted to move their ECHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers there. This was so they could have their 2 minor league teams closer to home. One team in Brooklyn and the other in Hartford. I dont forsee the Rangers pulling the plug on the Wolf Pack. They have been successful their and are working well with the CDA. My guess is that if any team were to move to Brooklyn it would be the Charlotte Checkers and not the Hartford Wolf Pack.
The Rangers currently don't own the Charlotte franchise, and with the Checkers in a new arena, I'm not sure they would be the specific franchise that moves. That said, there are almost always franchises for sale each season in the ECHL.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:41 PM
  #15
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
I have hoped and prayed that the pack would move to Albany and take the place of the Rats. Looks like I need to pray more...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
  #16
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
would have been cool if they moved to Albany in the past 4 years when i went to Union College, but now that i am going back home to NYC, i want them to move to Brooklyn.. pray for that SML, would ya?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:19 PM
  #17
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Being that I am a far from religious guy, so I rarely pray, (by rarely, I mean I don't) It will do Brooklyn about as much good as it did Albany

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.