HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When do You Expect A Trade?

View Poll Results: When If Ever Will PC Pull The Trigger?
Today 6 10.91%
By The Weekend 21 38.18%
When We Fall Out Of The Playoff Race 5 9.09%
Trade Deadline 7 12.73%
If and Only If He Gets The "Right" Deal 11 20.00%
He Won't 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-30-2007, 03:44 AM
Rumpy

vCash: 500
When do You Expect A Trade?

Pretty much says it all in the title.

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:17 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

We're still evaluating.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:27 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
PC will pull the trigger and believe me, it will be more then 2 or 3 bodies...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Thor Savage

We'll see . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
PC will pull the trigger and believe me, it will be more then 2 or 3 bodies...
So far Chia has been all talk and no action and in all reality it is too late to fix this team.

Thor Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Savage View Post
So far Chia has been all talk and no action and in all reality it is too late to fix this team.
Well, he will trade but there's no point to do the same thing as MOC. Cap issues are handcuffing PC. It's not about fixing; it's about cleaning....

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Savage View Post
Agreed. He looks like even more of an idiot than he already did with his "expect a trade soon, within the next week or so" comments like a month ago now.

He also sounded like an idiot (from what was reported here) with his thinking the Bs had won three cups.

However, he already had the idiot tag sewn firmly on his Harvard sweater when he signed the following: Petr Tenkrat, Shean Donovan, Jason York, Nathan Dempsey, Wade Brookbank, Mark Mowers and Jeff Hoggan. Keep in mind that these are his *only* signings. Gorton signed Savard and Chara. (not that throwing that kind of money away is something to brag about in the useless Charas case).

Also not to be forgotten is his only trade was giving away a draft pick for Stanislav "I'm an Offensive Player Despite My Numbers Which Prove Otherwise" Chistov.

I didn't vote in the poll because there wasn't an option of "It's hard to say at this point because it seems that we have absolutely no management, no direction or no freakin' clue".

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 06:02 AM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
I think we'll see movement by the weekend.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Waltah*

small one today, bigger to come.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:15 AM
remer

No sense in doing anything unless its going to help in the future. Might as well wait until the deadline and get the best deal possible.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Hemsky4PM

I'm sure the Oilers would give Brad Winchester, a 2nd round pick and additional pick for B. Stuart. That leaves the B's pretty thin on d though...so another deal would have to be worked out....

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:27 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Agreed. He looks like even more of an idiot than he already did with his "expect a trade soon, within the next week or so" comments like a month ago now.

He also sounded like an idiot (from what was reported here) with his thinking the Bs had won three cups.

However, he already had the idiot tag sewn firmly on his Harvard sweater when he signed the following: Petr Tenkrat, Shean Donovan, Jason York, Nathan Dempsey, Wade Brookbank, Mark Mowers and Jeff Hoggan. Keep in mind that these are his *only* signings. Gorton signed Savard and Chara. (not that throwing that kind of money away is something to brag about in the useless Charas case).

Also not to be forgotten is his only trade was giving away a draft pick for Stanislav "I'm an Offensive Player Despite My Numbers Which Prove Otherwise" Chistov.

I didn't vote in the poll because there wasn't an option of "It's hard to say at this point because it seems that we have absolutely no management, no direction or no freakin' clue".
DC, the one good thing I can say about you is that you are consistent.

There is nothing wrong with players like Mowers, Donovan, and Tenkrat...if they are fourth liners playing 5 minutes (or in the AHL). The problem is that the B's are relying way too much on guys like this.

You can bash PC all you want, but I want him to make the RIGHT deal, not just the RIGHT NOW deal. If that means waiting a few weeks for a better return at the deadline, so be it.

As poorly as Boyes/Sturm and others are playing right now, they are not getting benched, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE TRADE BAIT! This and the cap situation may explain the lack of call ups (or it might be that PC just wants to keep the kids in Prov for as long as possible to spare them permanent scarring ).

Stay the course. Everybody is freaking out and screaming to make a deal...that's the last thing you should want PC to do, when it's a seller's market. Let the offers come in, and let the teams stew. Stuart, Murray, Sturm, Boyes, PJ, Mara, and Jurcina are all marketable commodities and 4 of those guys could provide immediate help to playoff bound teams.

Be patient...get the best deals possible...the near future of this franchise could depend on it.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:28 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I'm sure the Oilers would give Brad Winchester, a 2nd round pick and additional pick for B. Stuart. That leaves the B's pretty thin on d though...so another deal would have to be worked out....
Did you see what LA got for Conroy yesterday? I think it's going to cost the Oil or whoever trades for Stuart more than that, especially if that team is able to re-sign him.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:30 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
Yeah, if Stuart goes to Ed it is going to coast them Lupul or Torres + something extra.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Last week.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Duguay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
We're still evaluating.

That is funny.
The time is now, or very soon. It's even trade for the sake of trade time.

Duguay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
There is no point in making a panic move now, this team has proven they are not ready to make the post season. So there for he should wait till and start a bidding war for Stuart and Sturm. He could probably get something for Boyes as well closer to the the deadline.

Wpg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:01 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
No sense in doing anything unless its going to help in the future. Might as well wait until the deadline and get the best deal possible.
Exactly.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

I say pull the trigger only when the deal is right for this team. Stuart and Sturm need to be moved before the deadline if they wont resign for the best possible option.

I want to change my answer now damnit... by the deadline a deal HAS to happen.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:25 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I fear a trade will happen very soon. I fear it will be a Mike O'Connell special, where rather than admitting this team needs to rebuild. Peter will try for a miracle quick fix, and give up young talent to get mediocre veteran talent

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:25 AM
8baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
I got that guy on my U.A stickers on my hardhat.Only he is pissing on Ledcor,Clac and flint.U.A all the way.

8baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:28 AM
8baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
I fear a trade will happen very soon. I fear it will be a Mike O'Connell special, where rather than admitting this team needs to rebuild. Peter will try for a miracle quick fix, and give up young talent to get mediocre veteran talent
He can't do that,Bruins have 12 guys next year at 33 million against the Cap.Bruins need more young talent.Stay the course Peter,like you did in Ottawa.Deal,Stuart and Sturm for a young sniper like Radulov.Then you are heading in the right direction.Those two players would be enticing to Nashville because it would really make them more deep for a run for the Cup.Now is the time for them.

8baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Jim Carey Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
I feel like the trade talk is a major distraction to the team when they are already playing terrible. Making a trade would be a welcome shake-up...teams seem to play better (temporairly) after a big trade. However, I wouldn't make a trade for the sake of making one - the return on the trade is key to managing fan expectations.

Jim Carey Price is offline   Reply With Quote