HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Toughness II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2014, 10:12 AM
  #576
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Like I said earlier in the thread, when Dorsett comes back, dress both he and Carcillo and that's a nice start. They both bring an edge to their game.
Agreed. THIS team needs a current-level Carcillo and Dorsett more than then need both Moore and Boyle. One of the latter two should be the odd man out. 2 4th line centers on a team is redundant.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:13 AM
  #577
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Dorsett was a staple on the PK as well before he was hurt. He is a good PKer. It's part of his value to a team.

I don't think Boyle is here past the deadline honestly. His value is high to other teams and his impact is minimal compared to others like Callahan and Girardi who are the other UFA's.

He is a good 4c who was pushed from the 4c spot by Moore.
Boyle is a better PK'er, and inserting Dorsett into the lineup makes it more likely the team is shorthanded.

I don't think Dorsett is a particularly smart player. I dont think Carcillo is either. 1 of them in the lineup is enough for me.

I also disagree that Boyle is gone at the deadline. He's slotted on the 4th line where he belongs, for once.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:14 AM
  #578
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Agreed. THIS team needs a current-level Carcillo and Dorsett more than then need both Moore and Boyle. One of the latter two should be the odd man out. 2 4th line centers on a team is redundant.
More redundant than 2 pests prone to taking dumb penalties?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:26 AM
  #579
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
More redundant than 2 pests prone to taking dumb penalties?
Everyone takes dumb penalties. And yes, what (again and I stress this) a current level Carcillo brings and what Dorsett brings to THIS team is much more needed than what 2 4th line centers bring. Dorsett also kill penalties. And frankly, how much more of offensive production are you getting out of Moore and Boyle?

Put either Moore or Boyle in the middle of Dorsett and Carcillo and you have a pretty good 4th line that can bring the fight to the other team, draw penalties and frankly provide a different look than the otherwise homogenous other 3 lines.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:27 AM
  #580
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
More redundant than 2 pests prone to taking dumb penalties?
...and also drawing dumb penalties.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:31 AM
  #581
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Boyle is a better PK'er, and inserting Dorsett into the lineup makes it more likely the team is shorthanded.

I don't think Dorsett is a particularly smart player. I dont think Carcillo is either. 1 of them in the lineup is enough for me.

I also disagree that Boyle is gone at the deadline. He's slotted on the 4th line where he belongs, for once.
So you are okay giving him a raise and keeping him around past this season? If not, why let him leave for nothing?

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
  #582
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
More redundant than 2 pests prone to taking dumb penalties?
Has Carcillo taken a dumb penalty with the Rangers yet?

Also Dorsett doesn't take that many dumb penalties. He had a few games where he was in the box quite a bit but besides that, he has been pretty good.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:36 AM
  #583
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Has Carcillo taken a dumb penalty with the Rangers yet?

Also Dorsett doesn't take that many dumb penalties. He had a few games where he was in the box quite a bit but besides that, he has been pretty good.
I guess we should discount a career of being an idiot vs. his 5 games as a Ranger.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:50 AM
  #584
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Everyone takes dumb penalties. And yes, what (again and I stress this) a current level Carcillo brings and what Dorsett brings to THIS team is much more needed than what 2 4th line centers bring. Dorsett also kill penalties. And frankly, how much more of offensive production are you getting out of Moore and Boyle?

Put either Moore or Boyle in the middle of Dorsett and Carcillo and you have a pretty good 4th line that can bring the fight to the other team, draw penalties and frankly provide a different look than the otherwise homogenous other 3 lines.
Sorry, Im not going to buy into platitudes like "everyone takes dumb penalties" or "Dorsett kills penaties too" when the reality of the situation is that Dorsett takes more dumb penalties then most players and doesn't kill penalties as well as Boyle.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:59 AM
  #585
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I guess we should discount a career of being an idiot vs. his 5 games as a Ranger.
No, just saying the last time most of us saw him play a lot was many years ago in Philly. By all accounts he was able to walk the line well in LA and Chicago. Players change.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:02 AM
  #586
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Yokohama
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
i for one would like having dorsett and carcillo in the lineup. this team is starting to stand-up for itself finally. want to re-enforce that rather than diminish it. i think they can live without moore...at least for a while.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:03 AM
  #587
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,098
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Sorry, Im not going to buy into platitudes like "everyone takes dumb penalties" or "Dorsett kills penaties too" when the reality of the situation is that Dorsett takes more dumb penalties then most players and doesn't kill penalties as well as Boyle.
Whe was the last time Dorsett took a really stupid minor penalty? That Boston game at MSG?

You're really blowing Dorsett's penalty problems out of proportion.

I'd be more worried about Carcillo doing something stupid.

__________________
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:04 AM
  #588
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,098
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i for one would like having dorsett and carcillo in the lineup. this team is starting to stand-up for itself finally. want to re-enforce that rather than diminish it. i think they can live without moore...at least for a while.
I'd rather Moore than Boyle.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:05 AM
  #589
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Sorry, Im not going to buy into platitudes like "everyone takes dumb penalties" or "Dorsett kills penaties too" when the reality of the situation is that Dorsett takes more dumb penalties then most players and doesn't kill penalties as well as Boyle.
He also draws more penalties than either Moore or Boyle. Players that play with an edge and play physical tend to have more penalty minutes. That life. Having a charmin-soft team that is nice to everyone is not the answer either.

You cannot have it both ways. Want the Rangers to play with more of an edge? Then there will be more penalties. And, truthfully, some penalties are worth it.

The reality of the situation is that on THIS team, Carcillo and Dorsett are needed more than 2 redundant 4th line centers. One is just fine.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:08 AM
  #590
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,098
vCash: 243
Not for nothing but even if they were to take a stupid penalty every now and then, I trust our PK to kill it off. They've been good.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:15 AM
  #591
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Not for nothing but even if they were to take a stupid penalty every now and then, I trust our PK to kill it off. They've been good.
Yup.

....with Boyle on the #1 PK unit.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
  #592
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I guess we should discount a career of being an idiot vs. his 5 games as a Ranger.
I'm genuinely more concerned about Kreider Stepan and Callahan taking untimely penalties than Carcillo. Dorsett is also rather unfortunate in the penalty department, even if he did improve.

Idlerlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:29 AM
  #593
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,712
vCash: 500
Dominic Moore and Brian Boyle have a close faceoff win total percentage, but Brian Boyle has taken 115 short-handed while Moore has only taken 42.

Boyle is the better PK guy, and AV would probably agree. Like it or not if one of them sit for Dorsett it is probably Moore.

Trade Moore instead.

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
  #594
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,504
vCash: 420
I worry about the Rangers decision making sometimes, but I have little doubt that if/when everyone gets healthy Carcillo will be the scratch.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:40 AM
  #595
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I worry about the Rangers decision making sometimes, but I have little doubt that if/when everyone gets healthy Carcillo will be the scratch.
There is no reason for it. Teams in the NHL do not skate around with 2 4th line centers. Carcillo has been effective and noticeable.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:46 AM
  #596
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
There is no reason for it. Teams in the NHL do not skate around with 2 4th line centers. Carcillo has been effective and noticeable.
I agree, and this is from someone who hates Carcillo and truly wishes we never picked him up (get over it, blah blah blah - yeah I know. You get over it on your terms, I'll get over it on mine).

That said, this team needs MORE guys who are difficult to play against, and Carcillo and Dorsett both fit that bill. Of course, it would be nice to have more guys like Callahan who have skill AND are difficult to play against, but our Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler is not good at finding enough of those guys.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:48 AM
  #597
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
There is no reason for it. Teams in the NHL do not skate around with 2 4th line centers. Carcillo has been effective and noticeable.
and the Rangers been more grittier when Carcillo was in the lineup. no reason to take him out... one of Boyle Moore will be traded.. hopefully Rangers will trade the one that gets the most value in a trade. Rangers need more of that hatred to play against not less...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:55 AM
  #598
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,504
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
There is no reason for it. Teams in the NHL do not skate around with 2 4th line centers. Carcillo has been effective and noticeable.
Luckily Boyle is still a better winger than Carcillo.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 12:00 PM
  #599
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
That said, this team needs MORE guys who are difficult to play against, and Carcillo and Dorsett both fit that bill. Of course, it would be nice to have more guys like Callahan who have skill AND are difficult to play against, but our Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler is not good at finding enough of those guys.
That is my point. Like it or not, Carcillo and Dorset duo fit the bill of what this team needs.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 12:01 PM
  #600
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Luckily Boyle is still a better winger than Carcillo.
Utterly debatable. However what is not debatable is that Carcillo has been effective. And what he brings to the table warrants a spot in the line up.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.