HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

4v4 floor hockey tips and strategies?

Old
01-21-2014, 02:14 AM
Wang Gretzky

vCash: 500
4v4 floor hockey tips and strategies?

So recently me and some friends joined an indoor floor hockey league, athletically speaking we're good ( shooting, passing etc.) However most of us didn't play organized hockey so we don't know how to properly forecheck,flood the zone, defend etc. any help would be appreciated. (sorry if I put this in the wrong section.)

Wang Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Onetimersniper28

What are the rules of your league ? What is the size of the field ?

Onetimersniper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

To create offense you'll need all 3 attacking unless your have a player, or two that are much better than the other team.

You'll want the 3rd person somewhat high so he can be back so there's at least 1 person there.

Though, that's what I noticed as a goalie in 4 on 4. When I played out as a dman our team wasn't very good, so I just fired the ball down every time and hoped they could get the rebound since my shot is good enough to beat a goalie from that distance giving the skill level.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Wang Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
What are the rules of your league ? What is the size of the field ?
We play indoor so its the size of college basketball court, no icing or offsides and all penalties are penalty shots.

Wang Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Onetimersniper28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Gretzky View Post
We play indoor so its the size of college basketball court, no icing or offsides and all penalties are penalty shots.
No icing and offsides ? Then my best advice is to try to send one of your forwards on a breakaway once you retrieve the ball. You will get plenty of goals and penalty shots.

Last edited by Onetimersniper28: 01-22-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: mixed up with pucks and balls
Old
01-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Razzmatazz

I would set up in a diamond, have the center near the middle and towards the offensive zone, and a defenseman back and middle, and two wingers who work up and down along the wall. When the puck is in the offensive zone, rotate the diamond into a box, based off which side the puck goes into the zone, the center stays around the goal, the play side winger digs the puck out of the corner and the backside winger covers the high middle point, while the defenseman covers the near side point. If the puck goes to the other corner, the center and deep winger switch roles, and the points shift over.

When the play comes back, both wingers need to get back, you should pinch with the play side winger if you have support from the backside winger, the defenseman will back the pinching forward. If they have a fore checker coming in hard, the defenseman should pin the puck to the wall until winger support gets back.

In the defensive zone, it's a similar concept, however, keep your defenseman covering in front of the net, and rotate the wingers to dig the puck out of the corners out of their respective side. The center can come over to the wall, be ready to hustle down to the offensive zone, there's no icing, so just throw it down to the other end if you need to and chase.

Razzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Gretzky View Post
No offsides?? Whaaa?

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Onetimersniper28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
No offsides?? Whaaa?
I've played in a lot of leagues that had no offsides or icing. Needless to say, I scored 4 goals on average per game.