HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT - NYR @ Boston Bruins

Old
01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
I'm just happy that they beat a team that they should beat for once. And they did so in a decisive manor, it wasnt a 2-1 game or 4-3 it was a clear 6-1 win. Now they just need to keep this up and take this small wining streak back home and put forth the same effort against the Leafs. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 01:54 PM
bleedrngrblue

On a side note, I actually got to watch the game last night, and you know what, I realize alot of folks have a problem with Rachunek, but he looked pretty good last night to me out there, was this an abomination ? Are my eyes deceiving me?

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:32 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
On a side note, I actually got to watch the game last night, and you know what, I realize alot of folks have a problem with Rachunek, but he looked pretty good last night to me out there, was this an abomination ? Are my eyes deceiving me?
Rachunek looked good last night. Girardi looked very well, he set up some nice rushes with his passing. Maybe Girardi makes Rachunek or some other d expendable. I think Girardi should stay, he looked good in those first 2 NHL games he has played.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 02:53 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
I've been extremely critical of Rachunek, mainly because he commits horrible turnovers (that opponents usually take advantage of) and seems like he'd rather be a forward but isn't as good offensively as he thinks.

But I must admit that he's been playing a lot better lately. He's really cut down on the stupid passes in his own zone and seems to have a better idea of where he's supposed to be.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 03:43 PM
polako

Your eyes aren't deceiving you. Rachunek's been playing at a higher level for a good amount of time now.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Game thoughts:

-Girardi played a solid, unnoticeable game. Exactly what you want from a depth guy.

-The COP line was TREMENDOUS. Jed literally brought me out of my chair with that hustle play and beautiful pass to Cullen. Prucha is a stud.

-Lundqvist was good when he had to be, not a lot of quality chances, kudos to the D.

-2nd line and 4th line are just not clicking at all right now, changes are needed

-Malik looks worse every game, PLEASE bench or trade him

-Get well soon Rozsival, he's been steady for quite some time now.

Nothing earth shattering but my 2 cents.

Rangers_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Pizza

Larry Melnyk wrote:

...Sather has to make the move for a 2nd C....It's a must...

With Conroy gone and the whole Forsberg scenario doubtful, I'm wondering who we make move for.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
FmmF3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Larry Melnyk wrote:

...Sather has to make the move for a 2nd C....It's a must...

With Conroy gone and the whole Forsberg scenario doubtful, I'm wondering who we make move for.
Boyes!

Immonen, 3rd, if necessary Pock, for Boyes and a 5th

FmmF3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:16 PM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I'm just happy that they beat a team that they should beat for once. And they did so in a decisive manor, it wasnt a 2-1 game or 4-3 it was a clear 6-1 win. Now they just need to keep this up and take this small wining streak back home and put forth the same effort against the Leafs. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!
Looked to me like a really good scrimmage for the Rangers, a chance to practice the things they should be doing. I hope the coaching staff keeps two video clips ready to replay to the team when they take their next stumble:
1. Ortmeyer totally outclassing his Bruin counterpart and showing total complete devotion to doing his job, and Cullen for believing that if he went to the slot, Orts would get the puck to him.
2. Nylander driving to the net and taking his lumps, and oh yeah, scoring a goal. I like Nylander, and I'm not a Czech basher at all, but I must say that was refreshing to see Nylander do that. I bet he felt like a million bucks picking himself up off the ice after scoring a decidely un-Nylander type of goal.

Rangers still need to smarten up with clearing the defensive zone. Some of these guys might be retired before they truly understand why coaches want you to use the boards, not the area 5 feet from the boards, not 10 feet from the boards, not up the middle looking for a fast break, but along the side (those things called the 'boards')
Drives me totally nuts watching them do that, wish I was there.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote