HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Do we Continue to Ride The Hot Lundqvist?

Old
01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Is weekes still on the team?

No but seriously folks, weeks should play in all ack to back games, he needs to stay sharp 2

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
weekes is the worst back up in the league every game he starts is an automatic loss in my book. just horrible i cannot wait for this guy to go valiquette would be better than this guy. all you ask from the back up is to keep you in the game nothing special just keep you in the game he RARELY does that.
Weekes is far from the worst in the league! To show a little parity Toivonen has a GAA of 4.06 while Weekes has a GAA of 3.39. While he may not be the best, he can certainly get the job done at times.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:49 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Uh sure...why wouldn't we?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Weekes is far from the worst in the league! To show a little parity Toivonen has a GAA of 4.06 while Weekes has a GAA of 3.39. While he may not be the best, he can certainly get the job done at times.
I'm sure he's far from the worst in the league, but it's as good as given he's giving up 3. So basically when he's in net it's gonna take 3 goals for a chance at a point and 4 for a W.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Uh sure...why wouldn't we?
Well, there was actually substance to the post beyond the title of the thread. That's why people are discussing which starts Henrik ought to make and whether or not to give him any days off.

But thanks for the constructive post, TBBB, we can always count on you for some brilliant ****.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Edge

I'd give Weekes the nod against TB on the 9th.

The other games I just have to go with my number 1 guy.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:50 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, there was actually substance to the post beyond the title of the thread. That's why people are discussing which starts Henrik ought to make and whether or not to give him any days off.

But thanks for the constructive post, TBBB, we can always count on you for some brilliant ****.
Uh ***? Talk about uncalled for? Read the title of the thread....the bottom line is as long as we are winning why make a change?

Old
01-31-2007, 01:12 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Uh ***? Talk about uncalled for? Read the title of the thread....the bottom line is as long as we are winning why make a change?
As I said, the post was talking about when to rest Henrik, not whether we ought to change goalies.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 06:00 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
As I said, the post was talking about when to rest Henrik, not whether we ought to change goalies.
Orite well relax. No rest anytime soon

Old
02-01-2007, 04:36 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

first off, great game last night from your club. that was a smack 'em in the mouth playoff game. just great hockey and it could have gone either way.

ok, I have a question about Lundqvist. I just traded for him in my keeper pool, I swapped a very good player for him, Maxim Afinogenov.

Now, I have Kari Lehtonen, Henrik Lundkvist and Peter Budaj.

Kari, I know all about I love him he is a future and current superstar goalie, the kind of goalie a team hooks their chaings too for many many years, he is the guy. I am pretty sure Lundqvist is that guy to for you guys, he is whicked. But is he for the long term though?? Is he THE guy you will build around in net for years to come or is he the guy now and you will look for someone better a while from now.

thanks in advance

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
first off, great game last night from your club. that was a smack 'em in the mouth playoff game. just great hockey and it could have gone either way.

ok, I have a question about Lundqvist. I just traded for him in my keeper pool, I swapped a very good player for him, Maxim Afinogenov.

Now, I have Kari Lehtonen, Henrik Lundkvist and Peter Budaj.

Kari, I know all about I love him he is a future and current superstar goalie, the kind of goalie a team hooks their chaings too for many many years, he is the guy. I am pretty sure Lundqvist is that guy to for you guys, he is whicked. But is he for the long term though?? Is he THE guy you will build around in net for years to come or is he the guy now and you will look for someone better a while from now.

thanks in advance
Unless Montoya can some how beat out Henrik or his play falls off tremendously, I dont see the Rangers trading him away personally.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 07:42 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

thanks, is this the concensus opinion here??

Old
02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
thanks, is this the concensus opinion here??
You should go to the 'black box'

http://www.redorbit.com/news/display/?id=126649

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
94now

Yes. Ride him all the way. He is awesome now. If this is for real we can win alot.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:46 AM
In The Flesh

We need Points and Wins, therefore Lundquist has to play almost every game.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:39 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

obviously he is good, really good. probably one of the best young goalies in the game.

I guess what I am asking is what was going on with him during that stretch where Weeks was getting a lot of game?

And would you liken him to Kari Lehtonen, in that, he is not just the guy right now, but most likely a franchise goalie?

Old
02-02-2007, 10:51 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
obviously he is good, really good. probably one of the best young goalies in the game.

I guess what I am asking is what was going on with him during that stretch where Weeks was getting a lot of game?

And would you liken him to Kari Lehtonen, in that, he is not just the guy right now, but most likely a franchise goalie?
Lundqvist is definitely, a franchise goalie. He's been an elite goalie in any league hes plaid in since hes been 18. He's run into a few (a few as in 1 last season and 2 this season) slumps but he can usually snap out of them fast and give us a chance to win every game when hes on.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Fletch

Weekes' next start...

will be a tough one no matter when it is at this point.

I just hope Lundqvist doesn't run out of gas down the stretch.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:18 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

No, let's throw some really cold water on the whole thing and play Weekes so he doesn't pout!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:55 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'm sure he's far from the worst in the league, but it's as good as given he's giving up 3. So basically when he's in net it's gonna take 3 goals for a chance at a point and 4 for a W.
I agree broadway.....although when Weekes gets hot on occasion, and he IS streaky, he can be pretty amazing in net, and he's long overdue for a run like that. In fact, I don't remember him having a hot streak as a Ranger. Whether thats the rotation they use or whatever I have no clue. But he had some pretty incredible stretches of brilliance prior to joining the Rangers in net! Certainly he's better than Dunham was in a Ranger uniform.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
chosen

When in a playoff push you play the players who give you the best chance of winning unless you notice a slacking off in their game or they tell you they are tired or ailing.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Best thread title ever.

You dirty Rangers fans you.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
gaglinefan

When Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
I agree broadway.....although when Weekes gets hot on occasion, and he IS streaky, he can be pretty amazing in net, and he's long overdue for a run like that. In fact, I don't remember him having a hot streak as a Ranger. Whether thats the rotation they use or whatever I have no clue. But he had some pretty incredible stretches of brilliance prior to joining the Rangers in net! Certainly he's better than Dunham was in a Ranger uniform.
Plays he really needs the forwards to backcheck and defensemen to play position; his rebounds go directly out in front. As I remember Mike Dunham, it was so long ago, he played unconscious good his first half season on a pretty bad team (like 5 shutouts) then just literally unconscious.
K Weeks is a great team guy, a goalie to use in a bind, hasn't played so well with us to rely on. Someone reminded me this week that when the Canes made it to the finals Weeks played due to injury. Good guy, softie giving. So many home games this year that we started down a goal or tied right away its hard to take. Weeks was not all of that. The road isn't a bad place to start him. Lundy has to be rested to make the end of season run. Go Blue!!!

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:57 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Looks like Hank is gonna get the nod tonight and probably tomorrow as well.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 12:07 PM
NYR469

if they are gonna lose anyway despite lundqvist standing on his head because the team in front of him are a bunch of losers then whats the point of riding lundqvist into the ground??

if he was stealing wins that would be different, but if we are losing the games anyway at what point do you stop and say that it isn't worth it to play him every single night with no rest.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote