HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Cup of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

World Cup of Hockey Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Norway Roster Discussion (Released, post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2014, 09:10 AM
  #76
Lgr22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
anyone have any luck finding the white Norway jersey in the US (or any of the other team norway swag). Would love a Zucc one.

Lgr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2014, 10:13 PM
  #77
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!
 
AlwaysARanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaels22 View Post
anyone have any luck finding the white Norway jersey in the US (or any of the other team norway swag). Would love a Zucc one.
If you live in New York, I know MSG had some Olympic Jerseys for sale in 2010, i.e Lundqvist (Yellow Sweden) and Gaborik (Blue Slovakian), probably Drury and Callahan as well for the US.

To be honest, as a norwegian I will have a hard time find that jersey myself outside of maybe a few shops in Oslo, especially white. Dont know about our Icehockey Fedration, but norwegian hockey jerseys has never been a big thing in our country. Its just sad.

edit: lol, here is a link to the Federations own web shop. Looks out dated and dull, I don't even know what year that jersey is from, lol

http://81.94.166.29/nif/Servlet?page...arent=sNIF_500

Here is the olympic jerseys btw,


Last edited by AlwaysARanger: 01-16-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added link
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 01:37 PM
  #78
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Anders Bastiansen had to leave the ice on Mondays practice.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle18213984.ab

Marius Holtet is still injured and now it looks like Bastiansen is uncertain for olympics as well. This is a huge blow for our team

Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 02:41 PM
  #79
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
True, but the OHL isnt even Close to NHL Level. Face it. Olden failed i NA. He didnt make the marlies team.

Olden has had one great season in get (this season) and he is therefore not ready. Thoresen, MZA, Holtet, Skrøder, Røymark, Rosseli Olsen, M Olimb, KA Olimb etc are better than him. Thats 8 wingers.

Dahlstrøm is a better 4th liner than him.

I would much rather have Martinsen than Olden. Martinsen would ad some grit to a soft team.

That Said Olden is far better than Roest....

Martinsen > Olden
Spets > Roest
He was injured at the time he got the call up to The marlies. But he was inconsistent in the OHL.
But he has improved. Several SHL teams are snoozing at him now.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 07:42 AM
  #80
master4071
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Who is the GM of this team?

Any words about captaincy?

master4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 05:09 PM
  #81
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
Who is the GM of this team?

Any words about captaincy?
Ole Kristian Tollefsen is the captain of our team. The Norwegian ice-hockey national team have never had any General Manager. Only head-coach which currently is Roy Johansen.

Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 09:46 AM
  #82
Elverpond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger View Post
If you live in New York, I know MSG had some Olympic Jerseys for sale in 2010, i.e Lundqvist (Yellow Sweden) and Gaborik (Blue Slovakian), probably Drury and Callahan as well for the US.

To be honest, as a norwegian I will have a hard time find that jersey myself outside of maybe a few shops in Oslo, especially white. Dont know about our Icehockey Fedration, but norwegian hockey jerseys has never been a big thing in our country. Its just sad.

edit: lol, here is a link to the Federations own web shop. Looks out dated and dull, I don't even know what year that jersey is from, lol

http://81.94.166.29/nif/Servlet?page...arent=sNIF_500

Here is the olympic jerseys btw,
the white ones are so awesome, i think im gonna buy one

Elverpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 10:42 AM
  #83
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,455
vCash: 500
Fredrik Lystad Jacobsen? Is this a sick joke?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 02:42 PM
  #84
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
Fredrik Lystad Jacobsen? Is this a sick joke?
I don’t know what Roy are thinking about. But he could have added L.Spets or A.Martinsen to the roster instead of Lystad Jacobsen.
At least Spets has more experience than Lystad Jacobsen and Marthinsen is playing at a higher level (German DEL league).
If this had been a WC, he would never been on the roster. IMO

But you as a Swede should already know, we Norwegians don’t have many quality players to choose from


Last edited by Old Norse Hockey: 02-06-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 02:43 AM
  #85
Rille
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Bonsaksen will score a hat trick in the final.


Rille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 06:06 AM
  #86
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rille View Post
Bonsaksen will score a hat trick in the final.

LoL



Bonskasen has “already scored a hat trick” this year, with his new girlfriend Silje who I also participating in the Olympics as a snowboarder.


Lucky guy he is:


Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 10:42 AM
  #87
SirKillalot
Registered User
 
SirKillalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
LoL



Bonskasen has “already scored a hat trick” this year, with his new girlfriend Silje who I also participating in the Olympics as a snowboarder.


Lucky guy he is:

That's a re-tooled Gordie Howe Hattrick

__________________
SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 04:09 PM
  #88
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 10,138
vCash: 500
So stocked about this tournament. I think we have a fair chance of becoming #2, after Canada in the group. Finland doesn't look that strong on paper, but they have goalies that can steal any game.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 04:38 PM
  #89
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 500
FWD Line combos from training today:

K.A. Olimb - Thoresen - Zuccarello
Skrøder - Forsberg - Røymark
M. Olimb - Ask - Rosseli Olsen
Olden - Hansen - Lystad Jacobsen

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
  #90
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
FWD Line combos from training today:

K.A. Olimb - Thoresen - Zuccarello
Skrøder - Forsberg - Røymark
M. Olimb - Ask - Rosseli Olsen
Olden - Hansen - Lystad Jacobsen
Don't really find much logic in these lines. Playing Forsberg centering the 2nd line, and M Olimb as a wing on the third doesn't really make too much sense IMO; Skrøder is a sniper that really needs someone that can pass to his tip-ins, while Forberg is the most defensive minded player on the team, if not on earth. He's got 0,16 ppg over 254 games in SHL! Is the idea to have one producing line? The forth line appears to be random collection of GET -league players. Would definately put M Olimb centering the 2nd line. What Olden is doing on the the fourth line is another riddle. And why Hansen and Lystad Jacobsen is even in Sotchi is yet another one. Well, Johansen has done good stuff before, so maybe this all makes sense in retrospect.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 05:37 PM
  #91
noexult
Registered User
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 500
Doesn't say who is centering, just those 3 players on each line...but yes, we'll see on Thursday. I wouldn't have put Skrøder along with Forsberg either...

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:32 AM
  #92
GreeneRedWings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Assistant captains?

GreeneRedWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 05:26 AM
  #93
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
Don't really find much logic in these lines. Playing Forsberg centering the 2nd line, and M Olimb as a wing on the third doesn't really make too much sense IMO; Skrøder is a sniper that really needs someone that can pass to his tip-ins, while Forberg is the most defensive minded player on the team, if not on earth. He's got 0,16 ppg over 254 games in SHL! Is the idea to have one producing line? The forth line appears to be random collection of GET -league players. Would definately put M Olimb centering the 2nd line. What Olden is doing on the the fourth line is another riddle. And why Hansen and Lystad Jacobsen is even in Sotchi is yet another one. Well, Johansen has done good stuff before, so maybe this all makes sense in retrospect.
Well M. Olimb and Rosseli Olsen are both Frølunda players, so they should have good chemistry. When Bastiansen Returns, then Ask would be moved to the 4th line.

KA. Olimb - Thoresen - Zucca
Rosseli Olsen - Bastiansen - Olimb

Edit: That Forsberg line will be important vs Canada, since we will spend alot of time in Our own zone. Thats why they might be 2nd line in that game.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 07:02 AM
  #94
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Well M. Olimb and Rosseli Olsen are both Frølunda players, so they should have good chemistry. When Bastiansen Returns, then Ask would be moved to the 4th line.

KA. Olimb - Thoresen - Zucca
Rosseli Olsen - Bastiansen - Olimb

Edit: That Forsberg line will be important vs Canada, since we will spend alot of time in Our own zone. Thats why they might be 2nd line in that game.
Understood that the positions here were random, but prefer both Olimbs at center as long as Bastiansen is out. Thoresen is better as a winger, or at least more productive?
That third line looks more like a producing line than the 2nd. We'll see. Excited to see Olden.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 07:13 AM
  #95
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
Understood that the positions here were random, but prefer both Olimbs at center as long as Bastiansen is out. Thoresen is better as a winger, or at least more productive?
That third line looks more like a producing line than the 2nd. We'll see. Excited to see Olden.
Only the Zucc line can create offense vs Canada. The Olimb Brothers are not good enough defensively to play center. Thats why I believe Thoresen, Bastiansen, Forsberg and Hansen will play center.

Thoresen is more productive as a LW, but we lack a true first line center and thats why he might be first line center. Bastiansens Production has dropped, Forsberg is PK and nothing more. Ask and Hansen are to slow. It makes sense to use Thoresen as center. Thoresen can cover alot of ice, backcheck and Block shots.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 07:15 AM
  #96
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
I don’t know what Roy are thinking about. But he could have added L.Spets or A.Martinsen to the roster instead of Lystad Jacobsen.
At least Spets has more experience than Lystad Jacobsen and Marthinsen is playing at a higher level (German DEL league).
If this had been a WC, he would never been on the roster. IMO

But you as a Swede should already know, we Norwegians don’t have many quality players to choose from
Martinsen should be on the team. An okey fourth liner that can be used as screen on PP.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 09:49 AM
  #97
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!
 
AlwaysARanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Is the numbers released yet? Courious if Mats will wear his international number (and name #48 and Zuccarello Aasen on his back, or his #36 which he has always worn on the club level and just Zuccarello.

I think he has established #36 and Zuccarello now, but you never now.

Lundqvist wore #35 in Turin despite his #30 on the Rangers (switched to #30 in Vancouver), and J.Tavares will have his international #20 in Sochi as he has used in international tournaments earlier (His normal #91 occupied by Stamkos, but he said he will wear #20 anyways)

edit. Looks like #36



Last edited by AlwaysARanger: 02-11-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: pic
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 10:46 AM
  #98
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
It really hurt us not having Holtet and Bastiansen on our team.

It’s too bad Bastiansen is out for the first two games. But we don’t have a chance against Canada an Finland after all, so I guess some extra days off for him will do him well. He’ll be ready for Austria that’s what really matters!

Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 10:54 AM
  #99
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Zuccarello and Hags looks confused


Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 01:40 PM
  #100
radapex
Registered User
 
radapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
It really hurt us not having Holtet and Bastiansen on our team.

It’s too bad Bastiansen is out for the first two games. But we don’t have a chance against Canada an Finland after all, so I guess some extra days off for him will do him well. He’ll be ready for Austria that’s what really matters!
Mind if I ask a couple questions?

(1) How accurate do these line combinations look http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/olympic...ines/7/norway/

(2) And who would you expect to dress as the 19th and 20th skaters?

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.