HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forsberg anyone.

Old
01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
polar bear

vCash: 500
I think these two teams have a great chance of dealing together and I'd say one of Parent/Franson/Klein and a 1st gets you Forsberg, unless as the deadline approachs teams get crazy and up the price out of this world, which would be great.

Thing is I could also see our two teams making this a bigger deal. You guys could use a big, tough defensive vet on the back end, maybe Gauthier gets worked in the deal. If you wanted a big forward whose still young, fast and offensively maturing we could also part with Umberger. Plenty of potential with these two, should be a very interesting few weeks ahead.

I really hope Holmgren looks hard at Nashville as a partner, I think we both have what the other needs, unfortunately for us its to build on while your looking at adding pieces to haul a cup.

polar bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
I think these two teams have a great chance of dealing together and I'd say one of Parent/Franson/Klein and a 1st gets you Forsberg, unless as the deadline approachs teams get crazy and up the price out of this world, which would be great.

Thing is I could also see our two teams making this a bigger deal. You guys could use a big, tough defensive vet on the back end, maybe Gauthier gets worked in the deal. If you wanted a big forward whose still young, fast and offensively maturing we could also part with Umberger. Plenty of potential with these two, should be a very interesting few weeks ahead.

I really hope Holmgren looks hard at Nashville as a partner, I think we both have what the other needs, unfortunately for us its to build on while your looking at adding pieces to haul a cup.
Nashville has the depth and the cap space. Regardless of the price to trade for him; you could make a move for Forsberg and still have something left to sure up other areas.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 08:00 AM
lstcyr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I see your point, but you have to see mine as well. Parent is one of the only high-end defensive defenseman in our organization. It would be much wiser, IMO, to move someone like Franson (as much as we all love him) simply because of the amount of offensive defenseman we already have. Additionally, Ray Borque does not have nearly the injury concerns that Peter Forsberg has.
Agreed. But if we get Forsberg do we send Radulov down or take a chance on someone else?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote