HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Jan. 23, 2014| Flyers at Blue Jackets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2014, 08:41 PM
  #26
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMEiDFf7NQ

for the guy who asked about the goalie scoring a own goal and fingering the coach...

enjoy... its awesome...
Ha that's awesome. Thanks for posting it

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:42 PM
  #27
mypunkrock
Registered User
 
mypunkrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Did we extend Berube ?

Players I want gone anyway, Kimmo, Luke, Mezz, Gross, Downie, Harts, I would hope these hold some shred of value, if so I would take picks for any of them.

Team needs speed and D men that can skate, get them somehow.
Berube has a two year deal I believe

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:42 PM
  #28
MP92
Catching flies
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Wait a fan really brought a Pomeranian to the game?
They need all the fans they can get, human or not.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:43 PM
  #29
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,904
vCash: 500
Hartnell needs to go ASAP. I can't stand It. He sucks so bad. And he has 16 pts in 18
Games so we could prob get something for him. Trade him to edm

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:43 PM
  #30
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,722
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Theoretically, if that were to happen Homer should be fired first.
One thing is a lock with this team, zero chance Holmer will be fired, ZERO. He will,have to quit.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:43 PM
  #31
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Theoretically, if that were to happen Homer should be fired first.
At this point I'm fine with it.

He'll need to bring us a Pronger caliber player for the price of Shelley in order to keep his job.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:44 PM
  #32
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Berube has a two year deal I believe
well he can go spent 2 years coaching the staff to brew coffee or something..

cuz he aint working out as a hockey coach.

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:44 PM
  #33
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Berube has a two year deal I believe
Yea someone thought it was a good idea to give a unknown coach a two year deal without any real reason.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:44 PM
  #34
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,196
vCash: 500
I could highlight the plethora of flaws this team has. The rampant favoritism from Berube, the rampant lack of accountability from Berube, the horrible lineup decisions from Berube, the horrible roster construction by Holmgren that stretches back throughout almost his entire tenure, the fact that half the D is only good defensively while the other half is only good offensively, the fact that they draft too many centers, the fact that we never have established goaltending, etc. Could go on and on really.

They started off with a coach the fans knew should have been fired in the off-season, fired him three games in, started 1-9, had a hot streak to get into 2nd place in a division that started off as terribly as they did, and are rapidly losing ground and falling back into a non playoff spot right now.

Carolina and Columbus (obviously) both won tonight which puts the Flyers in the last Wildcard spot with no games in hand on pretty much all the teams chasing them.

Might make the playoffs, might not but with the recent slide and Carolina/Columbus winning tonight plus the terrible schedule coming up it's not looking good. Two straight years of no playoffs directly following the Richards/Carter trades and mediocre ranked picks to show for it if that happens. Bobrovsky has won a Vezina and is doing well since leaving here as well.

I'm done for tonight.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:45 PM
  #35
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,904
vCash: 500
Timmy looks like he stroking out on post game

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:45 PM
  #36
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,880
vCash: 500
Damn was going to put 100 on the over with Pitt... Night just getting worse.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:46 PM
  #37
gto64dr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
This team needs an NHL coach. Berube hasn't addressed the penalties. Breakouts. The stupid passes. We should have seen what Lavy could do without that headcase goalie. Berube is in way over his head. Terry Murray still in the system? We could use a good interim

gto64dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:46 PM
  #38
MP92
Catching flies
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea someone thought it was a good idea to give a unknown coach a two year deal without any real reason.
To be fair, he did coach a Phantoms team to a 40 win season back in 06 or 07 I believe. Not saying I agree with 2 years, but he wasn't completely unproven.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:46 PM
  #39
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,968
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Wait a fan really brought a Pomeranian to the game?
Of course.

You can't board it, its hair falls out. The ****ing dog has ****ing papers.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:46 PM
  #40
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 165
I wish this was an NHL game where quantity could acquire quality on the trade market.

'Hey Nashville... we will give you Meszaros (85 NHL 14 rating), Schenn (83 NHL 14 rating) and Grossmann (82 NHL 14 rating) for Weber (92 NHL 14 rating), that is fair eh?'

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:46 PM
  #41
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,226
vCash: 50
Flyersfan4life and gto are obsessed with Berube.

every post is about coaching

SuchySays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
  #42
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I could highlight the plethora of flaws this team has. The rampant favoritism from Berube, the rampant lack of accountability from Berube, the horrible lineup decisions from Berube, the horrible roster construction by Holmgren that stretches back throughout almost his entire tenure, the fact that half the D is only good defensively while the other half is only good offensively, the fact that they draft too many centers, the fact that we never have established goaltending, etc. Could go on and on really.

They started off with a coach the fans knew should have been fired in the off-season, fired him three games in, started 1-9, had a hot streak to get into 2nd place in a division that started off as terribly as they did, and are rapidly losing ground and falling back into a non playoff spot right now.

Carolina and Columbus (obviously) both won tonight which puts the Flyers in the last Wildcard spot with no games in hand on pretty much all the teams chasing them.

Might make the playoffs, might not but with the recent slide and Carolina/Columbus winning tonight plus the terrible schedule coming up it's not looking good. Two straight years of no playoffs directly following the Richards/Carter trades and mediocre ranked picks to show for it if that happens. Bobrovsky has won a Vezina and is doing well since leaving here as well.

I'm done for tonight.
Wait, which of those guys are good at defense?!?!?

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
  #43
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Another game where we give up 3+ goals. This must be some record

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:48 PM
  #44
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
i cant beleive a super short stint at second place in our division is going to be the high water mark for this year...

WOW...

blow up the dam team already...

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:48 PM
  #45
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,722
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Another game where we give up 3+ goals. This must be some record
8 straight, longest in the league.

Berube and Holmer love our D tho, so all good

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:49 PM
  #46
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto64dr View Post
This team needs an NHL coach. Berube hasn't addressed the penalties. Breakouts. The stupid passes. We should have seen what Lavy could do without that headcase goalie. Berube is in way over his head. Terry Murray still in the system? We could use a good interim
Murray would be awful I believe with the way this team is constructed... he is a good coach but our D sucks donkey dick, and they need some semblance of defensive ability in his system.

Tbh with the way our D is I am not sure any coach could make this team a consistent success. The Flyers average like 3 goals a game through their last 182 games (the team has not changed that much skater wise in that time)... yet are not having success.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:49 PM
  #47
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
Flyersfan4life and gto are obsessed with Berube.

every post is about coaching
what ? until lately ive actualy been neutral on Berube, but his overall lack of change as the bad continue to happen have finaly breached what i think i can take.

sorry but enuf is enuf..

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:50 PM
  #48
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Of course.

You can't board it, its hair falls out. The ****ing dog has ****ing papers.
I didn't bring it to play ****ing hockey dude!

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:51 PM
  #49
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,121
vCash: 500
If there are no trades soon it means that Homer wants them to keep losing.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:51 PM
  #50
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,723
vCash: 500
I still don't know if I've even seen the Oilers stuck in their own zone as badly as us...

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.