HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Thu., Jan. 23, 2014| Flyers at Blue Jackets

Old
01-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Okay, I definitely want G on the wing, but let's not go off the rails here. He's still our best player by far.
Yeah, clearly. He also had the best faceoff percentage tonight.

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 1h
Vinny won 20% of FOs; Giroux 52%; Coots 33%; Hall 50%.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Berube is a horrible coach. Fact.

The entire defense is terrible. Mez, LSchenn, and Grossmann are literally Hitler.

Both goalies are playing like trash

Hartnell, Lecavelier, and Downie need to be thrown in the garbage.

Couturier is suddenly useless, no offense and no defense.

Put BSchenn on the ****ing 1st line already.
Berube is doing everything he can. We just dont have the talent Our D is awful and no matter what shuffling you do back there, it's not going to change that.

Secondly, Bschenn deserves nothing. He is the most inconsistant player on this team. Atleast with Coots you know hes going to be great defensively.

Fact: Gus will not do anything to improve this D. We need to look outside of the organization.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 12:04 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Well, that was a fun night.

Good news is they didn't get shutout by Bob. The bad new is they are horrible.

TRADE EVERYONE!!!

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Service dog for US veteran. Dog alerts owner to potential seizure issues. Owner STH and veteran...
It's unusual to see a dog that small as a service dog, but the size is definitely convenient at a hockey game . It can just hope into your lap instead of laying on a dirty floor or taking up your own or someone else's space.

Unfortunately with seizures once one is coming on there's usually little you can do to stop it...all the owner would be able to do is get into a better position and warn everyone else around them if they can. Quite unfortunate. I've got a good friend with epilepsy and he can often tell when they're going to happen, but sometimes his warning is only a second or two.

01-24-2014, 12:13 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

To bad we couldnt trade some of the posters that **** on the team cause we lose the jackets are playing good smart hockey right now we are not and it gets harder with boston next.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 12:22 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
To bad we couldnt trade some of the posters that **** on the team cause we lose the jackets are playing good smart hockey right now we are not and it gets harder with boston next.
If the Flyers lost while playing a decent game it wouldn't be so bad, but the terribleness has just been too apparent these past few games.

CLEAR THE PUCK OUT OF THE ZONE!!

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Come on now. This isn't an isolated loss or even an isolated bad game. The team has been playing downright bad hockey for a while now, they deserve criticism.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 12:31 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Boston is going to come in rested on Saturday as well. Flyers playing their 3rd game in less then 72 hours.
and the way Boston plays with the physical game it may not be pretty.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Boston is going to come in rested on Saturday as well. Flyers playing their 3rd game in less then 72 hours.
Boston is very good at moving the puck, Flyers not so much. Eeegh.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Service dog for US veteran. Dog alerts owner to potential seizure issues. Owner STH and veteran...
In all of the many NHL games I've gone to both in Columbus and else ware I've never seen that... Who would have known... Service dogs are something special, my type one diabetic grand child's parents looked into one for monitoring low blood glucose levels, service animals are amazing.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 01:38 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Boston is very good at moving the puck, Flyers not so much. Eeegh.
yeah that as well.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 01:53 AM
krasy

Annual January losing streak - it is a tradition already.
The good news is the month is almost over

krasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 03:05 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Does nothing to deserve that spot?

How do you figure that?
Quote:
Okay, I definitely want G on the wing, but let's not go off the rails here. He's still our best player by far.
he is our best player and should be on the top line getting top minutes but he is not defensively responsible enough, nor does he dominate in the offensive zone enough to be have the top center position. We are all trying to move other guys off center I think we should move him off center. Infact out of all our center Id rather have G on wing. A player that often coasts and whose missed assignments has lead to a lot of goals does not deserve to have a center position locked.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 04:37 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

This team needs a legitimate first pairing defender more than anything. They need a defenseman that will set the tone for the rest of the group. It's very similar to when the Flyers dealt Mark Recchi to the Canadiens for Eric Desjardins. Desjardins came in and immediately, the defensive group improved immensely. That's what's needed here. If it means parting with a guy like Voracek to get it, then I think it needs to be done. I don't think anything is going to get done during the regular season, but whether it be Holmgren or another GM in the off season, I expect the defense to look drastically different next year.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 05:04 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
This team needs a legitimate first pairing defender more than anything. They need a defenseman that will set the tone for the rest of the group. It's very similar to when the Flyers dealt Mark Recchi to the Canadiens for Eric Desjardins. Desjardins came in and immediately, the defensive group improved immensely. That's what's needed here. If it means parting with a guy like Voracek to get it, then I think it needs to be done. I don't think anything is going to get done during the regular season, but whether it be Holmgren or another GM in the off season, I expect the defense to look drastically different next year.
There is not a single defenseman playing in this league that will fix that group when you have four 3rd pair worthy defensemen with two that are playing like healthy scratches in Mezz and L. Schenn. I have no idea what happened to L. Schenn but I would waive him. Either another team picks up his contract or he can spend time learning from Murray. Right now he is not an NHL defenseman and I have never seen a guy so often out of the play lost either on the side wall or behind the net covering no one.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 05:13 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
If there are no trades soon it means that Homer wants them to keep losing.
As long as our picks aren't part of the trades, I agree.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 05:28 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Yes.

Bravo indeed.
I know Bieber will get out of this arrest unscathed, but the simple fact that he was caught has given most of the nation a reason to smile. That little **** probably thinks this will up his street cred a bit. LOL

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 05:39 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Giroux line needs an even strength boost. Vinny is only workable at center.

There is an elegant solution, and it's one I've been proposing for weeks:

Giroux-Schenn-Voracek
Hartnell-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Raffl-Couturier-Read
I would like them to at least try this.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 06:20 AM
FLYERSFAN18

I wouldn't mind trying Giroux on the wing. He can be more involved on the forecheck which is one of his biggest strengths IMO.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 07:09 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
I am very much for getting g out of center. Guy does nothing to deserve that spot. I'd be tempted to put couts with him or schen
Nothing but score at a PPG for the past four seasons, and be the Flyers second best faceoff guy by a large margin.

Some of you guys should really stay away from the keyboard for 12 hours after a loss.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 07:20 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
The Flyers have only played 40 mins in last two days though, just like 2 practises , should be rested and ready.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 07:43 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The problem with trading Voracek is that we then only have 1 first line player, and it's going to take much more than Jake to bring back a number one Dman.

I honestly think the best course of action is to try to get as much depth as possible on D. It's not as good as getting a Weber, but if you can roll 3 "2nd Pairings" it would be a great improvement. They need to add speed and puck skills, and a little offense on the back end.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Man...the D just can't move. All they do is throw the pick around the wall and there is always two opposite players waiting for it. Its so predictable. The D can't pass or skate. They just clog up the zone. Its not going to change.

Schenn & Grossman & Meszaros need to be gone, like now.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 08:04 AM
flyershockey

We have 7.6 million dollars in salary devoted to our third pair, and they might be the worst third pairing in the entire league. Let that sink in.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 08:04 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Nothing but score at a PPG for the past four seasons, and be the Flyers second best faceoff guy by a large margin.

Some of you guys should really stay away from the keyboard for 12 hours after a loss.
You need to read more thoroughly. He can continue scoring as a winger getting the same amount of time just let someone who is better at checking take that center role.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote