HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2014, 08:20 AM
  #1
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads




sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..


do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:24 AM
  #2
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Don't forget about the singer from Destiny's Child performing too. Look, I'm all for a good show (the Roots fit the 2012 Winter Classic bill perfectly) but I don't want to feel like I'm at a Z100 concert with the crap they are giving us this week.

MGF0723 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:28 AM
  #3
nikonsniper*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
gross.

nikonsniper* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:29 AM
  #4
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Not that guy I can't stand him......it was horrible when he did the MNF opening.

Radek27 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:36 AM
  #5
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
its a shame that they could not get someone with talent like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighers, Rancid, Bad Religion, Anti-Flag (big hockey fans) Less Than Jake, etc etc

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:38 AM
  #6
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads




sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..


do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey
He isnt really a rapper. And he is pretty popular through the gnarls barkley stuff and from the Voice. He usually does more funk type stuff with a lot of dancers etc lots of covers. It could be good. Try going in to it with an open mind. It may turn out to be a **** show but it could be really good. The guy can sing and is a heck of a producer.

Do you really want another Ace Frehley back in the NY groove moment ?

NYRKindms is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:41 AM
  #7
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,109
vCash: 364
WTF is the NHL doing

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:42 AM
  #8
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
I do like the Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes addition. It reminds me of my summers at the Jersey Shore.

MGF0723 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:44 AM
  #9
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads




sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..


do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey


Wtf? No arena plays rap at a hockey game.... All rock music..... Effing idiots....

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
  #10
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
WTF is the NHL doing


im shocked they couldnt get one good band to do this isnt Kiss performing during the Kings outdoor game...

im not much of a fan of theirs but id rather have a real band perform over some stupid dancing r&b garbabe. dancing is not music

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:58 AM
  #11
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL
 
Wamsutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
The NHL has such gnarly NFL-envy that they insist on trying to have a halftime show and it's so painfully terrible and awkward every single time. I'd rather watch the mites play in the little rink and wipe out for 30 minutes than listen to CeeLo.

Wamsutta is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:00 AM
  #12
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
[mod]

Wow I was going to give you the bene but you are basically just spouting thinly veiled racist BS.

Your posts basically say:

Aren't most NHL fans white ? Why would they play this ghetto music to white people at a hockey game.

its one thing to not like a style of music but to go on and project your BS is another. Grow up


Last edited by DaveG: 01-24-2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: qdp
NYRKindms is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:10 AM
  #13
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
[mod]

I have never been to a nhl arena that plays rap music.... Even the Staples Center in LA plays all rock music for Kings games.....


Last edited by DaveG: 01-24-2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: qdp
nyrmetros is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:12 AM
  #14
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,474
vCash: 500
Nice job NHL - really got your hand on the pulse of what the fans want.

Will CeeLo be patrolling the crowd and spiking people's drinks?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:14 AM
  #15
nikonsniper*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
Do you really want another Ace Frehley back in the NY groove moment ?
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
The Strokes
Neil Diamond
Janes Addiction
Bob Dylan
Lenny Kravitz
TV on the Radio
Anthrax
Eric Clapton
MGMT


Are all either Native New Yorkers or have extensive ties to the city. No need to reach to Ace to get a local musician.

nikonsniper* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:15 AM
  #16
eKardz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Holtsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads




sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..


do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey
This is such a racist comment.

eKardz is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:15 AM
  #17
eKardz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Holtsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
Wow I was going to give you the bene but you are basically just spouting thinly veiled racist BS.

Your posts basically say:

Aren't most NHL fans white ? Why would they play this ghetto music to white people at a hockey game.

its one thing to not like a style of music but to go on and project your BS is another. Grow up
Exactly. This is so disgusting.

eKardz is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:16 AM
  #18
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I have never been to a nhl arena that plays rap music.... Even the Staples Center in LA plays all rock music for Kings games.....
The Garden plays Still D.R.E. during warm ups.

BlessThisMess513 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:23 AM
  #19
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,045
vCash: 500
Cee Lo is more hip-pop than rap at this point. His hit song "**** (Forget) You" had mass commercial appeal (it was covered on Glee) and he is known in many US household because he is a judge on "The Voice."

It's one thing to get pissed at the NHL for selecting a pop star instead of a rocker for this event, but getting mad because he is "ghetto," "thug," or "hood" is a grossly inaccurate characterization and racist.

OverTheCap is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:24 AM
  #20
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,337
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan, but I am going for the game not a crappy musical performance.

I still think the most awkward NHL music performance was when they had that "Tonight is the Night" guy on the ice singing during player intros at the 2011 or 2012 ASG. Cringe worthy.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:25 AM
  #21
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,337
vCash: 500
How many fights are going to break out between Rangers and Devils fans during "**** You". Haha that is asking for it.

HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:28 AM
  #22
nhnyr88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Do you hear some of the garbage they play at Rangers home games? "I DON'T CARE" is the Rangers new fight song.

Anyway at least I'll get to hear some Four Seasons via the Jersey Boys. And before someone gets all 'old man' on me, I'm 25. lol

nhnyr88 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:29 AM
  #23
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I'm not a fan, but I am going for the game not a crappy musical performance.

I still think the most awkward NHL music performance was when they had that "Tonight is the Night" guy on the ice singing during player intros at the 2011 or 2012 ASG. Cringe worthy.
Yeah, that was weird.

MGF0723 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
  #24
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhnyr88 View Post
Do you hear some of the garbage they play at Rangers home games? "I DON'T CARE" is the Rangers new fight song.

Anyway at least I'll get to hear some Four Seasons via the Jersey Boys. And before someone gets all 'old man' on me, I'm 25. lol
Or that terrible U2 song when the players first come out onto the ice.

MGF0723 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
  #25
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Cee Lo is more hip-pop than rap at this point. His hit song "**** (Forget) You" had mass commercial appeal (it was covered on Glee) and he is known in many US household because he is a judge on "The Voice."

It's one thing to get pissed at the NHL for selecting a pop star instead of a rocker for this event, but getting mad because he is "ghetto," "thug," or "hood" is a grossly inaccurate characterization and racist.
Or R&B. Or soul. Or just pop.

When I think of rap music Cee Lo Green is not a guy that comes to mind. When I think of gangsters Cee Lo Green is not a guy that comes to mind.

That said, I am not a fan of his music. At all.

McRanger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.