HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CeeLo Green headlines entertainment lineup for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
Wow I was going to give you the bene but you are basically just spouting thinly veiled racist BS.

Your posts basically say:

Aren't most NHL fans white ? Why would they play this ghetto music to white people at a hockey game.

its one thing to not like a style of music but to go on and project your BS is another. Grow up
because every single rapper is black. their are white rappers... most rappers are from the hood or jail.. not my problem they choose that lifestyle...

Old
01-24-2014, 10:38 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Eh, CeeLo is fine. His music has broad appeal, and most of what I heard is pretty good.

Really, though, who cares? Are you going for the hockey or the music?

It's just pain.
Old
01-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Garv23

I could go on an angry, fire-breathing rant about what passes as music these days, but if I set aside my musical preferences, I can understand this choice. He is a good entertainer and quite popular.

Whatever, I just want to watch the game.

Old
01-24-2014, 10:42 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

Quote:
At the Jan. 26 face-off between the New York Rangers® and New Jersey Devils®, the cast of Jersey Boys will perform their classic hits during the pre-game festivities, which also will include a flyover by the Black Diamond Jet Team, North America's premier civilian jet team. The FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums and the NYPD Pipes and Drums will perform as the Rangers and Devils are introduced and take to the ice; members of the NYPD / FDNY Color Guard will present the game's colors. Three-time Tony Award® nominee Marin Mazzie will sing the U.S. National Anthem; New Jersey Shore rock band Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes will rock during the first intermission. The Jan. 26 game, and performances, will be broadcast live from Yankee Stadium at 12:30 p.m. ET on NBC in the U.S. and CBC in Canada.
Pipes and Drums ! **** yeah!

Was it necessary to wait until 48 hours before the game to announce this? Terrible job by the NHL. I hope the product on the ice is better then the entertainment. Flyover is probably the coolest thing.

Old
01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

How about Eric Prydz or Mark Knight or The Shapeshifters or something that isn't terrible?

I'd prefer Christina Aguilera over CeeNo Green.

Old
01-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post

sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..

do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey

Old
Killem Dafoe
k.

Whatever the music, the game is the important thing. I honestly could care less who is performing.

Old
patnyrnyg

For those of you complaining that the NHL wasn't doing enough in terms of entertainment and all that non-sense, I hope you are satisfied now. Let this be a lesson to all of us, be careful what you wish for.

Old
01-24-2014, 10:55 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

oldschoolrapnyc19, pls

01-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
I'm not going to say I don't enjoy some of the stuff Cee Lo has put out but come on NHL

Anyhow... The thing I'll be looking forward to (outside of the game of course) is the flyby by the Black Diamond Jet Team. Could care less about these performances. Most people will be retreating from the cold between periods. Especially on Wed with the temps feeling like 1 degree.

Bundle up boys and girls. Bring your forever lazy

Old
01-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
because every single rapper is black. their are white rappers... most rappers are from the hood or jail.. not my problem they choose that lifestyle...
Lmfao hahahaha.

Seriously though no matter what they chose the half-time show would blow. Just go make some food or listen to your own music for 20 minutes. Better yet mute the TV and set up speakers then play whatever you want and it will look like Ceeplams is playing your music. Problem solved.

Deal with it. The entire Stadium Series concept is a joke.

rip
Old
01-24-2014, 11:21 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eh, CeeLo is fine. His music has broad appeal, and most of what I heard is pretty good.

Basically this. I won't be going, but I can sure say that I won't spend a second watching the "halftime show" on my TV. I Just don't care. I'm watching the hockey.

Old
01-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Exactly.

Old
01-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Lets look at the bright side here fellas it could be worse, it could be nickelback...

Old
01-24-2014, 12:10 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
Lets look at the bright side here fellas it could be worse, it could be nickelback...
I would rather listen to Cee Lo and William Huang cover Andy Gibb songs than listen to Nickelback.

Old
01-24-2014, 12:16 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
You can't please everyone. You could get ****ing RHCP and half of the people clamoring for rock music would tell us how they suck, and only their old stuff is good. Or Green Day, and people would complain they're too political and they're now trash, and so on. If you're just shooting for a popular musician that appeals to a fairly large and "hip demographic, both hockey fans and non-fans alike, then CeeLo is as good as any.

Old
01-24-2014, 12:27 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Janet, I am unfamiliar with RHCP. Who is that?
Royal Handicapped Canadian Police. The un-mounties

Old
01-24-2014, 12:28 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Royal Handicapped Canadian Police. The un-mounties
They call them rollies.

Old
01-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

sorry im not a fan of this crap of music. dont most hockey fans like rock music from punk to hardcore to alternative bands..

do we really need a rap performance at a hockey game?? are we trying to get some NBA fans to like hockey
Yes please.

I don't like the chose, but it is what it is. I'm not watching the game for the performance anyway. I won't watch any of it whether it's pre-game or intermission. Thank god the ones at home have this luxury.

Old
01-24-2014, 12:35 PM
NYR2047
Team Parsley

Some of the responses in this thread remind me of this book...

http://www.amazon.com/Fear-Hip-Hop-P.../dp/0313395772

Old
01-24-2014, 12:54 PM
NYR2047
Team Parsley

BTW some are complaining that it is rap and not rock well how about this....

Jersey Boys (Pre-Game, Rangers v. Devils on Jan. 26)

Richard H. Blake, Matt Bogart, Jared Bradshaw and Christopher Messina of the cast of the Tony and Grammy Award-winning musical Jersey Boys, will perform during the pre-game festivities on Jan. 26. Jersey Boys opened on Broadway to critical acclaim on November 6, 2005 at the August Wilson Theatre. The show has been seen by more than 19 million people worldwide and is currently playing in New York; Las Vegas; London; in cities across the U.S. on a National Tour, The Netherlands and Seoul, South Korea.

Written by Marshall Brickman & Rick Elice, with music by Bob Gaudio, lyrics by Bob Crewe, and directed by two-time Tony Award-winner Des McAnuff and choreographed by Sergio Trujillo, Jersey Boys is the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Jersey Boys won the 2006 Tony Award for Best Musical and the 2009 Olivier Award for Best Musical. The Original Broadway Cast Recording, produced by Bob Gaudio, received the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Musical Show Album and has been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The Broadway production also won the 2006 Outer Critics Circle and Drama League Awards for Best Musical.

Old
01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

The actual game time/ lenght of game is the same as a regular game...right..

All the entertainment is before the game and not during intermission?

What time does the puck drop?

Old
01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
NYR2047
Team Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
The actual game time/ lenght of game is the same as a regular game...right..

All the entertainment is before the game and not during intermission?

What time does the puck drop?
Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (First Intermission, Rangers v. Devils on Jan. 26)
CeeLo Green (Pre-Game and First Intermission, Rangers v. Islanders on Jan. 29)
Strawberry Fields (Second Intermission, Rangers v. Islanders on Jan. 29)- Beatles Tribute band

Old
01-24-2014, 12:58 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:

You posted exactly what I was going to post. Basically word-for-word.

Old
01-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Is this serious? I get that many people on here have a problem with hip-hop music, but this is disgusting. You can pretend this isn't racism if it helps you sleep, but it's still class discrimination AT BEST and it's incredibly narrow minded.

As someone whose two favorite genres of music are hip-hop and hardcore punk, I think the demographic is more similar than most people want to realize. Both scenes will of course have some people with poor "lifestyle" choices. Plenty of the rock musicians named in this thread have well documented issues with drugs and alcohol. A lot of the angst that drives hardcore and punk comes from being stuck in a ****** situation - much like those "rappers from the hood".

You can criticize a genre of music all you want, not everyone has the same taste. But your comments and the comments of others in this thread highlight a holier-than-thou complex that exists among many hockey fans, and it's alarming to say the least. That type of bigotry has no place in any sport. And honestly, it has even less of a place in punk culture, where the overall message is one of individualism and equality.

Closed Thread