HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread XIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2014, 06:15 AM
  #76
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
So McQuaid is hurt for Boston with a leg injury and no one knows how bad. Could be days, could be weeks.

That makes McQuaid and Seidenberg.

If he is out long term, time to poach one of G or Stralman and try and get a sick return.

Khoklachev and Morrow to start with? Too much? Thoughts?

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 06:20 AM
  #77
Raspewtin
MayDeathNeverStopYou
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
So McQuaid is hurt for Boston with a leg injury and no one knows how bad. Could be days, could be weeks.

That makes McQuaid and Seidenberg.

If he is out long term, time to poach one of G or Stralman and try and get a sick return.

Khoklachev and Morrow to start with? Too much? Thoughts?
Khoklachev is nothing special, imo. More of the same. Small skill.

Morrow is okay, would rather someone RH though.

__________________

Thank you boys
Raspewtin is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 06:30 AM
  #78
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
So McQuaid is hurt for Boston with a leg injury and no one knows how bad. Could be days, could be weeks.

That makes McQuaid and Seidenberg.

If he is out long term, time to poach one of G or Stralman and try and get a sick return.

Khoklachev and Morrow to start with? Too much? Thoughts?
Try to grab a first even though it's a high one. From there a prospect in addition to the first, which one is up for debate.

I would like to see them add 1 or 2 1sts along with their own. If they get 2 more then I say keep whatever one gives them the best shot at landing Honka then package the other two with whatever prospect or other pick it takes (outside Miller, Kreider and Wrath) and trade up as far as you have to in order to take one of Bennet, Reinhart, or Draisatl.

They need to take a shot at a C pick from the top 5 draft spots. I'd prefer Reinhart personally.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 06:38 AM
  #79
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,772
vCash: 500
What's Staal's future in NY? This organization has so many decisions to make. Standing pat and doing nothing until the summer isn't the answer. If Staal won't re-sign here,the Rangers will probably need to bite the bullet and swallow hard on paying Girardi. Do the Rangers trade Staal? The acquiring team gets him for 2 playoff runs. DZ for Klein was the first domino. The Rangers wanted a right handed shooting D in exchange for a reason. Trying to re-sign everyone and upgrade the team is impossible. There isn't that much money to go around.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 06:55 AM
  #80
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
How come teams like Boston and Chicago have no problems with resigning their good players and don't go over the cap. I am not familiar with their salaries. Aren't they suppose to make more or about what Rangers players make?

bmw2004 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:23 AM
  #81
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
How come teams like Boston and Chicago have no problems with resigning their good players and don't go over the cap. I am not familiar with their salaries. Aren't they suppose to make more or about what Rangers players make?
Chicago had a mass exodus a few years back after their first cup. Byfuglien, Kopecky, Anti Niemi were among those to go. The big thing was that they chose the right pieces to remove.

We're also paying Richards Toews money, Nash Kane money, and so on.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:37 AM
  #82
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Valuating View Post
At even strength by percentage:

McDonagh - Girardi 25.94%
Staal - Stralman 22.64%
Moore - Klein 15.57%
Staal - Klein 9.43%
Staal - Girardi 8.49%
McDonagh - Stralman 8.02%
Moore - Girardi 4.72%
Moore - Stralman 3.3%
McDonagh - Klein 1.42%
Staal - Moore 0.47%
Awesome thanks. Where did you get this?

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:39 AM
  #83
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Chicago had a mass exodus a few years back after their first cup. Byfuglien, Kopecky, Anti Niemi were among those to go. The big thing was that they chose the right pieces to remove.

We're also paying Richards Toews money, Nash Kane money, and so on.
Ladd, too. That 2010 team was stacked.

HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:40 AM
  #84
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What's Staal's future in NY? This organization has so many decisions to make. Standing pat and doing nothing until the summer isn't the answer. If Staal won't re-sign here,the Rangers will probably need to bite the bullet and swallow hard on paying Girardi. Do the Rangers trade Staal? The acquiring team gets him for 2 playoff runs. DZ for Klein was the first domino. The Rangers wanted a right handed shooting D in exchange for a reason. Trying to re-sign everyone and upgrade the team is impossible. There isn't that much money to go around.
I am no longer at all confident that this management team will do anything other than just stand pat. Awful.

All of the things we have discussed going back for months would help this team move forward in the long run. Sather doesn't care.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:43 AM
  #85
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Ladd, too. That 2010 team was stacked.
That 2010 Blackhawks team is what every team wishes they looked like in the cap era. Unbelievably stacked.

Also, there was Brouwer, Campbell, and Versteeg. And those were just the supporting pieces.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:09 AM
  #86
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,372
vCash: 500
Rangers will be very careful about moving players as long as they're in the playoff picture. Next year is next year--it's not now. Unless they can get back a player who will immediately help them they're very unlikely to move any of Staal, Girardi, Callahan. It's not rocket science following along what Sather is up to knowing that he has the full support of the owner. Rangers traded DZ for Klein--gave up years of age and whatever potential that DZ might reach for a older, more solid player who is signed for 4 more years. It was not just a future move--it was a now move. Klein fits the profile of a player who will help the team more should they make the playoffs than DZ would have. He's an actual right side guy who balances out the defense. He's good positionally and steady and dependable in his own end. He's stronger, tougher and grittier and much less prone to panic. Rangers won't have to worry nearly as much about the ice time they give to their third pair if they make the playoffs. Having Del Zotto-Moore caught out on the ice against Crosby, Malkin or Krejci, Lucic. Klein is here to settle potential problems like that down.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:17 AM
  #87
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Looking at the standings and how many games the Rangers have played as compared to the teams chasing them, and taking into account injuries that other teams have with players coming back (Detroit), I am going to be surprised if the Rangers make the playoffs.

They can't re-sign everyone. Make a decision Slats. Do you want to re-sign Boyle to not be a center on this team? 2 million per season most likely is what it will take, if not more. Nystrom and Hendricks received 2.5 million each.

Pouliot has been an enigma here. He has looked good with MZA and Brassard but who hasn't looked good with MZA? Do they feel he is part of the long-term solution in NY? If not, why not move him? Miller is close to NHL ready. Give him an extended look with Brassard and MZA. He can play a very similar role to Pouliot right now.

Stralman and Girardi. What are they looking for? Reasonable/Unreasonable? They have Klein now. He is a legit top-4 defensive RD. Stralman has developed into a good #4/5 defensive d-man. Girardi is a rock. Who do they want to keep? McIlrath plays RD. Allen can play RD or LD. Both players are close. Do they want to keep a spot open for one of them next season? Neither are super young anymore.

Callahan is The captain, but if he is paid on a long-term contract, you have to expect injuries. His playing style coupled with his size make him an immediate fan favorite. He was part of that first group of home-grown Rangers as well. He is a very good player that most teams would covet. The problem is going to be how much he is looking for. You can't compete with the Chicago's and Pittsburgh's of the NHL if you pay Callahan 6-7 million per season. He hasn't reached 30 goals once in his career. He hits. He blocks shots. He is a good 2-way forward. Those are characteristics a 3rd and 4th liner should provide for any team. Can they not find that for less expense and use that money to allocate to another offensive player?

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:21 AM
  #88
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
So McQuaid is hurt for Boston with a leg injury and no one knows how bad. Could be days, could be weeks.

That makes McQuaid and Seidenberg.

If he is out long term, time to poach one of G or Stralman and try and get a sick return.

Khoklachev and Morrow to start with? Too much? Thoughts?
Would rather have Fraser than Koko, but I wouldn't be that upset if we got him instead. I said before that I think Fraser, Morrow and Boston's 1st for Girardi and a C-level prospect would probably work.

It's gotta be tempting for the front office. I bet they've gotten at least a dozen calls about Girardi's availability. That being said, like RB mentioned, if Staal isn't planning on staying with the Rangers, you'd have a hard time replacing both Girardi and Staal. Might just have to bite the bullet and sign him.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:25 AM
  #89
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Would rather have Fraser than Koko, but I wouldn't be that upset if we got him instead. I said before that I think Fraser, Morrow and Boston's 1st for Girardi and a C-level prospect would probably work.

It's gotta be tempting for the front office. I bet they've gotten at least a dozen calls about Girardi's availability. That being said, like RB mentioned, if Staal isn't planning on staying with the Rangers, you'd have a hard time replacing both Girardi and Staal. Might just have to bite the bullet and sign him.
I think they ave to sign one of them. Which one? The older one, or the one with concussion issues and (3) brothers playing on the same team. I'm not opposed to re-signing Girardi. He is an unheralded top pairing RD. Not flashy, but he gets the job done.

I'd LOVE Fraser. I can't believe Dallas moved him.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:43 AM
  #90
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I think they ave to sign one of them. Which one? The older one, or the one with concussion issues and (3) brothers playing on the same team. I'm not opposed to re-signing Girardi. He is an unheralded top pairing RD. Not flashy, but he gets the job done.

I'd LOVE Fraser. I can't believe Dallas moved him.
i thought Fraser would have been what Rousell is for Dallas now.. Fraser has some skill.. what surprised me is them moving Smith...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:53 AM
  #91
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
So SJ fans are getting ******** at any inkling of mentioning that ONE of their current centers isn't going to be there next year. They keep giving ridiculous arguments as to how they'll be able to keep them all. Does anyone actually see this as a possibility? Even if they financially could swing it, why would they run a C group of Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski/Couture/Hertl instead of trading one to address other weaknesses? I know Marleau is on the wing but the general consensus on their board is that he's a much better center.

Does anyone REALLY see SJ resigning both Thornton and Marleau and if not would you guys be interested in the following:

buy out Richards and sign one of Thornton/Marleau?

IF those two are resigned, my main target would be Stastny or Grabovski. I could see a Stepan/Grabovski combo working out; Grabovski is more offensively gifted whereas Stepan is better defensively. Gives us one line that can really play off the rush and pin teams in their zone and another line that can score but is some semblance of responsible defensively.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Zuccarello-Grabovski-Callahan
Hagelin-Brassard-Pouliot

or some combo. Obviously this assumes Callahan, Zucc, Brassard and Pouliot are resigned. Mix and match with Stastny too; I just don't see any other option. We need another top 6 center, and as of right now there are 4 that will be hitting UFA

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:56 AM
  #92
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
How come teams like Boston and Chicago have no problems with resigning their good players and don't go over the cap. I am not familiar with their salaries. Aren't they suppose to make more or about what Rangers players make?
The biggest diffrence is that Slats don't belive in signing long contracts. They didn't do that in EDM during the 80's. Most GM's would have tied up Girardi and Callahan long-term at around 4m per at this point. They would have been huge assets.

Chi are paying what, 70+m to their players this year. The cap is 63m. Shave 7m of cap-space of that team and they might not even be a contender. Hossa and another core player goes. When Hossa is done in the NHL he will go to a doctor and ask what is wrong with him. Since there never has been a hockey player closing in on 40 who doesn't have at least one chronical injury, say a knee, back or shoulder, or whatever, he will just go on LTIR his last years of his contract. Chicago will be off the hook.

Slats can trade for players on long contracts or sign UFAs to really long deals. When it comes to resigning our own guys, its always shortest term possible. Two year deals.

Its really hard to understand the positives of Slats approch. Yet, everyone around here also seem to hate any deal that is longer than 3 years. We are doing the same misstakes over and over again.

Ola is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:59 AM
  #93
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
How come teams like Boston and Chicago have no problems with resigning their good players and don't go over the cap. I am not familiar with their salaries. Aren't they suppose to make more or about what Rangers players make?
Boston lost Horton last summer. They replaced him with Iginla on a performance bonus contract using the bonus cushion which allows them take the cap hit next year. They lost Ference. Chicago had to purge their team in 2010.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:21 AM
  #94
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,070
vCash: 500
Callahan for Ladd. One could dream.

RGY is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:23 AM
  #95
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
So McQuaid is hurt for Boston with a leg injury and no one knows how bad. Could be days, could be weeks.

That makes McQuaid and Seidenberg.

If he is out long term, time to poach one of G or Stralman and try and get a sick return.

Khoklachev and Morrow to start with? Too much? Thoughts?
They're not going to move either for Stralman, forget both. They probably won't include Morrow in a deal for G either, but Koko + would be likely. I'm really not that interested in dealing with Boston because I don't think they can give us what we need. Why help them just because they want something we have?

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:31 AM
  #96
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Chicago had a mass exodus a few years back after their first cup. Byfuglien, Kopecky, Anti Niemi were among those to go. The big thing was that they chose the right pieces to remove.

We're also paying Richards Toews money, Nash Kane money, and so on.
They also saw Ladd, Versteeg, Brouwer depart, though I don't remember when.

If I'm not mistaken Toews and Kane each make 6.3M. Hossa makes 5.2M.

Richards makes 6.6M, Nash 7.8M, Callahan 4.3M.

That's 17.5M for Toews, Kane, Hossa and 18.7M for Nash, Richards, Callahan.

Everyone else can do the math.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:33 AM
  #97
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Rangers will be very careful about moving players as long as they're in the playoff picture. Next year is next year--it's not now. Unless they can get back a player who will immediately help them they're very unlikely to move any of Staal, Girardi, Callahan. It's not rocket science following along what Sather is up to knowing that he has the full support of the owner. Rangers traded DZ for Klein--gave up years of age and whatever potential that DZ might reach for a older, more solid player who is signed for 4 more years. It was not just a future move--it was a now move. Klein fits the profile of a player who will help the team more should they make the playoffs than DZ would have. He's an actual right side guy who balances out the defense. He's good positionally and steady and dependable in his own end. He's stronger, tougher and grittier and much less prone to panic. Rangers won't have to worry nearly as much about the ice time they give to their third pair if they make the playoffs. Having Del Zotto-Moore caught out on the ice against Crosby, Malkin or Krejci, Lucic. Klein is here to settle potential problems like that down.
Management like Klein's cap number for four more years. Sather compared that contract to where the market is going and even said it was protection against not being able to sign his own players. The Rangers wanted a #1 pick from the Avs for Del Zotto. The Rangers were not going to afford Del Zotto in the future. It was 2 years and he was free to go.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:40 AM
  #98
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,495
vCash: 50
AV testing life after Girardi is very interesting to me.

He would get us the most return of our current players eligible to be traded.

Again, would love Silfverberg and that Ott 1st from Anaheim in exchange.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:51 AM
  #99
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
AV testing life after Girardi is very interesting to me.

He would get us the most return of our current players eligible to be traded.

Again, would love Silfverberg and that Ott 1st from Anaheim in exchange.
Who wouldn't?

Probably Anaheim's FO.

Ail is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:56 AM
  #100
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot
 
Matt Carle Place's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Management like Klein's cap number for four more years. Sather compared that contract to where the market is going and even said it was protection against not being able to sign his own players. The Rangers wanted a #1 pick from the Avs for Del Zotto. The Rangers were not going to afford Del Zotto in the future. It was 2 years and he was free to go.
Not to mention that we basically have a clone of Del Zotto in John Moore. There was no need to have two "offensive" defenseman with rocks for brains. They had to get behind one of them and they obviously chose the more toolsy Moore. Moore is a better skater and has a shot infinitely better than Del Zotto (pop gun with zero accuracy, and I mean ZERO). Moore has a cannon from the blue point and *gasp* actually forced Halak to make saves last night. Del Zotto meanwhile is more polished and better defensively. AV probably believes he can coach up Moore. I'm speculative.

Klein's a guy who could probably get a $4-4.5 mill contract on the market. A $2.9 mill contract is great value for him, especially when its for 4 more years. I don't mind the trade, but in order to really like it you have to believe that Moore has the potential to put his tools together and become a decent hockey player, or at least better than Del Zotto. Kid has minuscule hockey IQ so I'll reiterate my speculation.

Matt Carle Place is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.