HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tukonen making his bid for the NHL!!!

Old
01-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

vCash: 500
sorry, should have been specific in what my link was in regards to. got to lazy to quote.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
As far as I know he was always a projected 1st liner.
As you'd expect. No one who is projected to be drafted in the top-6 (as Tukonen was) is considered to have only 2nd-line potential. Some people may have given their opinion that they didn't think that his 1st-line potential would pan out and that he would end up being a solid 2nd-liner, but that's a different meaning than what comes to most of our minds (i.e. maximum potential). I think that that's the confusion here: "projected" doesn't always mean maximum potential, but that meaning is often inferred.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 01:41 PM
northernKing

I have said this for a few yrs, but IMO Tukonen will be a Modin type player. Solid two way top 6 fwd. He and Kopitar will really complement each other.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:32 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
No one who is projected to be drafted in the top-6 (as Tukonen was) is considered to have only 2nd-line potential.
I know it may be semantics but does 11 come before or after 6?

Oh... you meant "projected" as in "he fell to the Kings at #11" gotcha.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If he turns out to be like Modin, I'd be ecstatic. I want a Tomas Sandstrom clone on this team. A big body with a blistering shot who likes to get his nose dirty in front of the net. The Kings haven't had a player like that in a looooong time.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
He is responding to Primakov....who said that Tukonen was projected to be a 2nd line winger.
That's entirely my fault for not being clear. It was inference on my part that what was being said was that he was a second line player.

Reading that his talent was not on equal footing with a player (Radulov, in this case) who was touted as first line talent spoke to me that his projection was that of a second liner. The pro projection of Fredrik Modin (a second liner) sold it for me that what was being implied was that Tukonen was of second line material.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:05 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
In his draft year, at least what I heard at the time, was that he was a very good player, but clearly a notch below excellent -- basically a second line guy.
A bit of revisionist history being written here. He was very highly thought of prior to the draft and most thought LA got a steal at #11. Power forward is what I kept hearing about this kid.

Just after the draft the forecaster said," Don't be surprised if Tukonen becomes one of the top scorers of the 2004 draft class." ISS had him ranked #3 overall in their final ranking and said, " There is a lot of interest in this young player, and rightfully so. Tukonen has the proper combination of size and skill to be an excellent pro player. Top power forwards are one of the scarcest commodities in hockey and Tukonen is one of the most exceptional power forward prospects in this year’s draft. He has a world-class scoring skill, timing, soft hands, toughness in front of the goalie and a very quick release with uncanny precision. NHL Potential: 1st line power/sniper forward".

Forecaster draft reviwe link: http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hoc...DraftID=4#4829
ISS final rankings from HF link: http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/7000

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If he turns out to be like Modin, I'd be ecstatic. I want a Tomas Sandstrom clone on this team. A big body with a blistering shot who likes to get his nose dirty in front of the net. The Kings haven't had a player like that in a looooong time.

Since..........Tomas Sandstrom played for the Kings?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Since..........Tomas Sandstrom played for the Kings?
Yeah I guess. Well the closest to that style of player was Adam Deadmarsh. Sandstrom was a power forward. Tocchet was a power forward and Deadmarsh was one. Dustin Brown was being hyped up to be as such but that isn't happening. I doubt Tukonen is as physical, but I think he may have more talent and hockey sense than Brown.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Yeah I guess. Well the closest to that style of player was Adam Deadmarsh. Sandstrom was a power forward. Tocchet was a power forward and Deadmarsh was one. Dustin Brown was being hyped up to be as such but that isn't happening. I doubt Tukonen is as physical, but I think he may have more talent and hockey sense than Brown.
I was just playing with you. You had to bring up Deadmarsh now didn't you? Damn, I miss watching that guy play. Damn you to hell Craig Johnson, damn you to hell.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote