HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rita Watch

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 05:50 PM
H-Bear

vCash: 500
The Rita Watch

We can use this thread to track just how badly Rita gets used while he is up.

Games played: 0
Overall Minutes/game: 0
PP Minutes/game: 0

His stats:
Shots/game: 0
Goals: 0
Assists: 0

Linemates: Rita-?-?

Last edited by H-Bear: 01-30-2004 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Keep stats up to date
Old
01-29-2004, 06:14 PM
zamboni

I bet he'll only get one game, 6 minutes of ice time.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:11 PM
OilerMania83

I'm going to be going to the game tonight and I'ma be watching for Rita. I liked him during his last stint and his numbers were pretty good. Hopefully he can make the team and stay up.

(What's Rita's number by the way?)

EDIT:

Oilers site says he is number 22...when you click on his profile it says "Jani Rita #14". I guess Raffi has his number....

Old
01-29-2004, 11:13 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83

Old
01-29-2004, 11:15 PM
OilerMania83

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Thanks alot, USC. How come his number is 22....for some reason I keep thinking his number is 12...

Old
01-29-2004, 11:20 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Thanks alot, USC. How come his number is 22....for some reason I keep thinking his number is 12...
I think Bishai is gonna wear #12.

Old
01-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
I'm going to be going to the game tonight and I'ma be watching for Rita. I liked him during his last stint and his numbers were pretty good. Hopefully he can make the team and stay up.

EDIT:

Oilers site says he is number 22...when you click on his profile it says "Jani Rita #14". I guess Raffi has his number....
Rita wore #22 with the Roadies as well.

01-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Bohologo

Head to the Game Day Thread to get a very good Rita-oriented laff or two!

Old
01-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
We can use this thread to track just how badly Rita gets used while he is up.

Games played:
Overall Minutes/game:
PP Minutes/game:

His stats:
Shots/game:
Goals:
Assists:
Should be interesting to see how he does.
Maybe jot down who his linemates were (if you can keep track, that may require a whole team the way MacT goes on) and the amount of special teams play he received as well.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:51 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I went to the game and BOY was I pissed off that he wasn't in the lineup! I was SO pumped!

Old
01-30-2004, 06:14 AM
Hemsky4PM

Man, I'm cheesed!
I think most agree that if Rita is dealt away we won't get a good return and he will come back to haunt us like Whitney, Satan...

I just love MacT's comments that Rita will be assessed on a shift-by-shift, game-by-game basis. What a way to give a guy some confidence!!! You screw up at all and you're gonzo buddy! Inspiring.

Funny that Pisani and Chimera get rewarded with one-way deals when they have decent showings, and Rita doesn't even get a chance. In my mind Chimera is barely in the NHL and looks a lot like Steve Kelly, great wheels and very little in the way of hockey sense.

MacT has it in for Rita and that's a shame. He goes from saying that something must change in terms of personel after the loss to the Avs, then makes the earth shaking line-up change...Mike Bisai. No offense to Bisai who apparently played decently, but that's not a shake up at all.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:18 AM
Fayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Man, I'm cheesed!
I think most agree that if Rita is dealt away we won't get a good return and he will come back to haunt us like Whitney, Satan...

I just love MacT's comments that Rita will be assessed on a shift-by-shift, game-by-game basis. What a way to give a guy some confidence!!! You screw up at all and you're gonzo buddy! Inspiring.

Funny that Pisani and Chimera get rewarded with one-way deals when they have decent showings, and Rita doesn't even get a chance. In my mind Chimera is barely in the NHL and looks a lot like Steve Kelly, great wheels and very little in the way of hockey sense.

MacT has it in for Rita and that's a shame. He goes from saying that something must change in terms of personel after the loss to the Avs, then makes the earth shaking line-up change...Mike Bisai. No offense to Bisai who apparently played decently, but that's not a shake up at all.
Well Jani said on Sportsnet, that MacT called him up but they want to see what he can do in a full practice. I believe that if Jani was a Center that he'd be up here, but Edmonton really doesn't have a need for wingers. What a logjam they're in right now. So if Rita isn't in the lineup for the next game, then I will get pissed.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:22 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Regardless of position, what Jani could do for this team greatly surpasses that which Pisani/Chimera can/will. I like Pisani - he has really won me over this year. I was right that he'd eventually settle into a fourth line role, but he is a really good fourth liner.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
we all know Lowe loves the alberta kids but its getting out of hand now

Old
01-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Rita and Bishai didn't get into town until early in the morning. They were supposed to have gotten into the town last night but their flight from Toronto was delayed. Remember the RR played on Wednesday night. They only had 1 practice with the team prior to the game vs the Hawks. Bishai got into the lineup because he's a centre.

Old
01-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
we all know Lowe loves the alberta kids but its getting out of hand now
Umm... They used Bishai because he has been the best offensive centre in Toronto of late, not because of where he's from. Bishai was put in instead of Rita because the Oilers only have three centres right now, not counting Smyth, which is just a bad idea. Since Rita can't play centre, Bishai was first in line.

Old
01-30-2004, 03:27 PM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM

MacT has it in for Rita and that's a shame.
Keep in mind that with Pisani and Chimera they were at the age were even with a two way contract they would have had to pass through waivers to go down.

The club was essentially dealing with a one way contract anyways. I don't think Chimera would clear waivers and he is cheap so....

I can't quote Lowe but in listening to him on the radio the other day, I got the impression that come next year Rita will be given a one way contract as well.

I don't agree with your assesment on Chimera, personally I think he has a lot more upside than Pisani but with that said I would expand on your MacT theory that he doesn't really have high regard for Rita and say that too me it looks like Chimera is struggling with a similar situation.

He is the first one benched, first one in the press box, first one to have ice time cut and I can't see how that will help develop the kid.

In terms of Rita, I would think that from Lowes perspective both Chimera and Rita need to get played because even if MacT won't use them they need to see the ice in order for Lowe to parlay them into some kind of return. Both should have enough value that losing them on waivers isn't acceptable should MAcT eventually run out of roster spots for the team to carry the guys.

Lowe doesn't strike me as a GM that would meddle in the coaches decisions but if he is bringing Rita up I would have to expect that he is doing it with the understanding that he will be playing.

Closed Thread