HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2014, 06:13 PM
  #651
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,614
vCash: 500
So I see that the Pack is up 2-0 early, Fast with a goal 7 sec in and then Kristo with the 2nd.

To our AHL watchers, are either of these guys likely to be able to crack the big club roster by the start of next season?

mike14 is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 06:37 PM
  #652
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Lindberg with a really nice shot from the top right of the right circle, assist Wrath.

__________________


rip
DMPD is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 06:42 PM
  #653
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Lindberg with a really nice shot from the top right of the right circle, assist Wrath.
Justin Vaive got an assist... who is he??

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 06:58 PM
  #654
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Lindberg again, another great shot.

DMPD is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
  #655
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Christian Thomas 20 games 3 goals 8 assist 11 pts 14 PIM -1
Danny Kristo 36 games 13 goals 12 assist 25 pts 12 PIM -8

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:40 PM
  #656
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Christian Thomas 20 games 3 goals 8 assist 11 pts 14 PIM -1
Danny Kristo 36 games 13 goals 12 assist 25 pts 12 PIM -8
They're different ages

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:45 PM
  #657
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
They're different ages


age dont really matter here.. Thomas has more pro experience than Kristo that is what counts...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 07:52 PM
  #658
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
age dont really matter here.. Thomas has more pro experience than Kristo that is what counts...
Not really. Age is a huge factor especially for undersized skill forwards.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:15 PM
  #659
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Not really. Age is a huge factor especially for undersized skill forwards.
but Kristo was in college while Thomas was in the AHL. i think that matters too.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 08:35 PM
  #660
bmoak
Registered User
 
bmoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Justin Vaive got an assist... who is he??
Rick Vaive's son. 2nd year pro. Big. Rather undistinguished college career at Miami of Ohio. Mid-season signing by Greenville. Scored 10 goals in 13 games after never hitting double digits in his prior college/pro seasons.

bmoak is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:11 PM
  #661
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Kyle Jean 3 game 0 pts in the ECHL..


why did Sather sign this guy to an NHL contract which as of now is a waste?? maybe another Tommy Grant type trade down the road...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 09:32 PM
  #662
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,604
vCash: 50
Awards:
You sign Kyle Jean to an ELC because you're hoping he's the next Matt Read. He isn't. It's no big deal. He never impacts the cap in any way. Our organization can afford to take risks like this.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:09 PM
  #663
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
I see Lindberg playing for the Rangers next year. He is very close to being ready and looks pretty polished for a bottom-6 player. His 44 point pace is also not bad for a 20 year old rookie.

I think we are looking at Stepan, Brass, Miller and Lindberg as our centers next year with a veteran like Dominic Moore signed to be either a #5 or a replacement in case one of the rookies isn't ready.

Beacon is online now  
Old
01-24-2014, 10:24 PM
  #664
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
You sign Kyle Jean to an ELC because you're hoping he's the next Matt Read. He isn't. It's no big deal. He never impacts the cap in any way. Our organization can afford to take risks like this.
Jorts Monday morning quarterbacking once again.

E-Train is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 01:05 AM
  #665
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
My buddy Jared was AWESOME on the PA tonight as the fill in. So proud of him!!!

Jarkko Immonen is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 01:15 AM
  #666
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I see Lindberg playing for the Rangers next year. He is very close to being ready and looks pretty polished for a bottom-6 player. His 44 point pace is also not bad for a 20 year old rookie.

I think we are looking at Stepan, Brass, Miller and Lindberg as our centers next year with a veteran like Dominic Moore signed to be either a #5 or a replacement in case one of the rookies isn't ready.
I think, if Step steps his game up closer to his 2012-2013 levels, that's a solid C group with lots of upside. I'm low on Brass, but I think Miller and Lindberg can center a multidimensional bottom 6.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 01:49 AM
  #667
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think, if Step steps his game up closer to his 2012-2013 levels, that's a solid C group with lots of upside. I'm low on Brass, but I think Miller and Lindberg can center a multidimensional bottom 6.

Honestly, I see it as a below average group. Step is a below average 1C, Brass a below average 2C, and the other two are rookies. I wish we did something to upgrade Brass.

Beacon is online now  
Old
01-25-2014, 06:46 AM
  #668
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,702
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Finland is all of a sudden doing a lot better.

It's important to remember that Finland and Sweden too are really small countries. As we did things as well as other countries, we would never be able to compete. Hence, we will be very up and down in terms of developing players. When we manage to get ahead, players will be developed.
I wouldn't say a lot better until they start putting more players into the NHL.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 06:53 AM
  #669
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Honestly, I see it as a below average group. Step is a below average 1C, Brass a below average 2C, and the other two are rookies. I wish we did something to upgrade Brass.
I think Miller and Lindberg can bring the energy, speed and tenacity to be good bottom six centers.

Let's say in a world where we resign Cally, I love a Miller-Callahan combo and think that's a great line. Honestly, I have never been in love with Miller's play up in the NHL, but I think he'd fit in nicely as a solid 3rd line center. The key with these two is the upside.

If Step ups his game to how he played in 12-13, or hell, if he produces just a little better than in 11-12, I think he's a fine 1C. I don't think this year is an indication of what he'll be.

Brass is the biggest weakness and I don't have to reiterate how meh I am with him, and I do think if we upgraded there it would look a lot better. However, with Zuke (hopefully) on the 2nd line, we don't need a playmaking center for that line. I don't know who or what is available, and it's always better to have multiple dimensions to ones game, but if there's any goal first guys out there I'd like to make a play for them.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 08:28 AM
  #670
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 500
Grumet Morris and Leneveu and we have some hope that we can win some AHL games now. Sad to say--they've both hit 30 but they are good enough AHL level goalies. Bringing in Hensick gives us another serious offensive threat. These aren't prospects but they are necessary to grow a winning environment for our real prospects to play in. This is why you just can't load up your AHL teams with first and second year pros.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 08:58 AM
  #671
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Grumet Morris and Leneveu and we have some hope that we can win some AHL games now. Sad to say--they've both hit 30 but they are good enough AHL level goalies. Bringing in Hensick gives us another serious offensive threat. These aren't prospects but they are necessary to grow a winning environment for our real prospects to play in. This is why you just can't load up your AHL teams with first and second year pros.
i understand that but at the same time the Rangers goalie prospect depth is a very thin. that is a big concern. look at the Kings, they have young goalie prospects, same with the Ducks, Fasth got hurt and they have their youngster Andersen along with Gibson. The Avs also have that depth with their youngster Sami Aittokallio along with Pickard. Rangers dont have that young quality goalie prospect depth after Talbot.....

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 09:24 AM
  #672
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
its hard to follow a lot of the no names in HFD but how is hensick? seems like a solid player and vet in the A but you think he can translate play in show?

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 09:33 AM
  #673
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,121
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Tim Erixon has 22 points in 23 games in the AHL this year. Was that our puckmover that is gearing up for NHL hockey now that was "basically" traded for John Moore in the Nash/Gabby sweepstakes? Not sure that this was a win trade

BBKers is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 10:23 AM
  #674
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Tim Erixon has 22 points in 23 games in the AHL this year. Was that our puckmover that is gearing up for NHL hockey now that was "basically" traded for John Moore in the Nash/Gabby sweepstakes? Not sure that this was a win trade
Erixon has been meh at the NHL level. Too soft and weak on the puck so far. We'll see...

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-25-2014, 10:39 AM
  #675
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Tim Erixon has 22 points in 23 games in the AHL this year. Was that our puckmover that is gearing up for NHL hockey now that was "basically" traded for John Moore in the Nash/Gabby sweepstakes? Not sure that this was a win trade
You are obsessed with hindsight.

Moore and Erixon are close in age. The difference is one is in the NHL and the other is in the AHL.

How many points would Moore have right now in the AHL?

DMPD is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.